It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

7PCGamer: Hi,

Took twee for a test run. Strange problem in first level cutscenes - when the camera focuses on the oldest guy (the leader of witchers) in the fort, animations kind of slow down to a stutter, like watching an action replay - but theres no change in fps which remains rock stable as measured by FRAPS. Any solutions?

Thanks.
olnorton: Have you tried toggling the "Depth of Field" under Options>Advanced ?
I will check this. Have dof disabled... dont like that feature.
But will report if there's any improvement for the records

Edit: Looks like a quirk.. got resolved by itself
Post edited December 07, 2017 by 7PCGamer
Hi, i have the "minimal requirements not met" problem, and i already solved it by adding the -dontforceminreqs, but, i found this guide, about how to make the game to run on highest texture settings with this solution, but it doesn't work

i wanted to paste the link here but it seems i can't? the solution is about changing the texsettings.2da file

First of all i can't find any override folder and even if i create one it doesn't change anything

Thanks
Hi.

Ive just downloaded the free verson of Witcher Enhanced edition. Im Running Windows 7!

After I click the launcher shortcut on my desktop Im asked if Im ok with it making changes to my hard drive. Yes. then the wicher launch comes up. I click launch game. I keep getting the message minimum res not met. Ive tried the dontforceminreqs on the launcher shortcut on my desktop. If I try to create a shortcut to witcher.exe it says it doesn't exist. So far I haven't found any other ideas on how to fix it..

Help please.!!
TlanImass: Hi.

Ive just downloaded the free verson of Witcher Enhanced edition. Im Running Windows 7!

After I click the launcher shortcut on my desktop Im asked if Im ok with it making changes to my hard drive. Yes. then the wicher launch comes up. I click launch game. I keep getting the message minimum res not met. Ive tried the dontforceminreqs on the launcher shortcut on my desktop. If I try to create a shortcut to witcher.exe it says it doesn't exist. So far I haven't found any other ideas on how to fix it..

Help please.!!
If you go to The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut\System folder
Right click on witcher.exe and choose send to Desktop (create shortcut)
And then edit that shortcut with the -dontforceminreqs
Post edited January 31, 2018 by olnorton
TlanImass: Hi.

Help please.!!
olnorton: If you go to The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut\System folder
Right click on witcher.exe and choose send to Desktop (create shortcut)
And then edit that shortcut with the -dontforceminreqs
Came here straight after the intro video! :)

Thanks a lot!! super fast reply!
Im still waiting on a reply from GOG support about the forum for Gwent card game! I sent it yesterday!
For some reason I can't login or make an account on the site..
The card game has quite a few issues.. Im a longtime Hearthstone player and was hoping to contibute in the forum as well ask a few questions.. Anyway, thanks again.. Time to try out Witcher!! Hopefully I like it!
Thank you so much! Deleting the old save games solved the problem almost completely!
Unfortunately, the game still does crash occasionally for no reason, but waaay less than before I started managing the save games.
By the way, the game really does not get along with Garlic, the vampire-repealing item. When I face vampires using it, it's an almost assured crash in a matter of time. I did not get to test this with the other fear-inducing items because I was too tired of getting so many crashes.
In case someone has the same issues: I had the problem that The Witcher (with patch 1.5) frequently caused my PC to instantly shut down and restart, often on specific frames of cutscenes. I'm running Win 7 64bit with a GTX970.

I tried a few things and noticed that it must've something to do with the graphics because setting everything to low would fix most of the crashes.
Since I couldn't stand the look of the game that way I kept trying. After several unsuccessful attempts (starting with admin rights, WinXP compatibility mode, blocking certain settings in the Nvidia control panel, running in windowed mode) I finally installed D3DOverrider and forced vsync which actually fixed the problem for good. I haven't had a crash since.

Perhaps it had something to do with too many frames being rendered. Without vsync I sometimes had way over 200 fps.
C4Guy: In case someone has the same issues: I had the problem that The Witcher (with patch 1.5) frequently caused my PC to instantly shut down and restart, often on specific frames of cutscenes. I'm running Win 7 64bit with a GTX970.

I tried a few things and noticed that it must've something to do with the graphics because setting everything to low would fix most of the crashes.
Since I couldn't stand the look of the game that way I kept trying. After several unsuccessful attempts (starting with admin rights, WinXP compatibility mode, blocking certain settings in the Nvidia control panel, running in windowed mode) I finally installed D3DOverrider and forced vsync which actually fixed the problem for good. I haven't had a crash since.

Perhaps it had something to do with too many frames being rendered. Without vsync I sometimes had way over 200 fps.
hehe never play a 10 year old game with vsync disabled it will burn your graphics card :)
Every time I try to start up the game I get the error The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_35.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. Please help I've been trying to fix this myself for an hour. I am on Windows 10.
Post edited June 06, 2018 by dethmin
dethmin: Every time I try to start up the game I get the error The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_35.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. Please help I've been trying to fix this myself for an hour. I am on Windows 10.
You need DirectX 9.0c
Go here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Download the runtimes to a temporary folder on your desktop & run DXSETUP.exe
Once it says installation complete (see pic) you can delete the folder from your desktop.
And don't worry, it won't effect your newer DirectX files.
Attachments:
installed.jpg (328 Kb)
C4Guy: In case someone has the same issues: I had the problem that The Witcher (with patch 1.5) frequently caused my PC to instantly shut down and restart, often on specific frames of cutscenes. I'm running Win 7 64bit with a GTX970.
Check your power supply. Instant shut-downs can be related to a power supply not powerful enough to power all of the computer. In case of a GPU's high consumption on certain scenes, it may cause an instant shutdown.
I had this problem once several years ago. My power supply unit got too old. The problem disappeared after I replaced it.
When going back to this old game, I found an issue not described here. It affects computers with AMD video cards using the graphics drivers v17.12 (Adrenalin Edition v17.12.1 & v17.12.2 from December 2017). There's a bug in those drivers affecting a few DX9 games, and especially, The Witcher. The problem happens when starting the game, this will crash immediately and only a black screen is seen for a brief moment. This bug was later fixed in the graphics drivers v18.1.1 (bug listed in the 18.1.1 Release Notes under "Resolved Issues").

I found two ways to fix this problem:

#1: The obvious one is to update the graphics drivers to v18.1.1 or newer.

#2: Alternatively, if for whatever reason is necessary to be using the v17.12 drivers and don't want to update yet, using the driver file "atiumdag.dll" from a previous version in the "system" folder of the game also works. For testing purposes, it worked for me using that DLL file from the v17.11.1 graphics drivers. Using 7-Zip, I extracted from the drivers installer the file "atiumdag.dl_", and using 7-Zip again, I extracted from that file the uncompressed "atiumdag.dll" file that later was moved into the folder "..\The Witcher Enhanced Edition Directors Cut\System" where the "witcher.exe" file is. Current and older display drivers installers can be downloaded from the AMD website.
Azrael360: When going back to this old game, I found an issue not described here. It affects computers with AMD video cards using the graphics drivers v17.12 (Adrenalin Edition v17.12.1 & v17.12.2 from December 2017). There's a bug in those drivers affecting a few DX9 games, and especially, The Witcher. The problem happens when starting the game, this will crash immediately and only a black screen is seen for a brief moment. This bug was later fixed in the graphics drivers v18.1.1 (bug listed in the 18.1.1 Release Notes under "Resolved Issues").

I found two ways to fix this problem:

#1: The obvious one is to update the graphics drivers to v18.1.1 or newer.

#2: Alternatively, if for whatever reason is necessary to be using the v17.12 drivers and don't want to update yet, using the driver file "atiumdag.dll" from a previous version in the "system" folder of the game also works. For testing purposes, it worked for me using that DLL file from the v17.11.1 graphics drivers. Using 7-Zip, I extracted from the drivers installer the file "atiumdag.dl_", and using 7-Zip again, I extracted from that file the uncompressed "atiumdag.dll" file that later was moved into the folder "..\The Witcher Enhanced Edition Directors Cut\System" where the "witcher.exe" file is. Current and older display drivers installers can be downloaded from the AMD website.
Thanks Azrael, this worked like a charm :) I had to upgrade from adrenalin 17.2.2 to adrenalin 18.7.1 and now can load and play the game without crashes.

Great tip man!
dethmin: Every time I try to start up the game I get the error The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_35.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. Please help I've been trying to fix this myself for an hour. I am on Windows 10.
Hey, I have the same problem and right now I´m looking for the answer... Did you manage to launch the game? Anf if so, how? Thanks!
Update DirectX : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35