It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Make no mistake, they WILL hear you scream!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, a suspenseful Sci-Fi first-person shooter with three very different single-player campaigns, one for each species, and a frantic multiplayer mode, is available 50% off, DRM-free on GOG.com!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 features the Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator Campaigns and the frenetic single-player Skirmish mode from the original title: Alien Versus Predator Gold Edition, which was released to massive acclaim in 2000. It's been updated for modern systems and includes support for Xbox 360 Controller. The three most ferocious species in the universe in a bloodthirsty battle for the ultimate prize: survival. One wrong move turns you from hunter to prey. Deathmatch, Species Deathmatch, Predator Tag, and Cooperative modes await for you in the multiplayer section!

Humans, Xenomorphs, Hunters - it's time to establish once and for all, which of them is the deadliest species in the Universe, in Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, 50% off until Tuesday, December 2, at 10:59AM GMT.
BoKeRoN: Or they could change the point at where the game checks for GOG Galaxy and leave LAN Play alone. There are several ways to fix this crap.
I don't mind having to log in to use someone's game servers or network services, but doing it for LAN? It defeats the whole purpose of LAN Play.
And if they keep ignoring the issue , thing will only get worse,since now people are actually PAYING for the game, like I did, instead of helping them test a new service.
I understood from the threads of the beta test that the AvP Classic 2000 version never had LAN play. Only internet multiplayer and that the LAN mode was only incorporated in the originial version, which is not sold here and apparently has severe compatibility issues. So this would mean that there is either only multiplayer with Galaxy or no multiplayer at all :(

(I might be mistaken, but I remember this being confirmed by several people)
Post edited November 26, 2014 by born3088
About time. I've been waiting on this one since I found GOG. I'll read about the disappointments later. Thanks GOG.
Wurzelkraft: So how do I get an installer without all of that (unfinished?) Galaxy stuff?
Grargar: As of now, you still can't. I suspect that the GOG staff hasn't uploaded the final build yet, because there isn't even an option to change languages, despite being advertised in the gamecard.
There obviously will not be multi-language. I asked the support and here is what they wrote:

"Unfortunately due to technical issues, we are unable to provide different language versions than English.
Sorry for the inconvenience."

I don't understand how "technical issues" could prevent multiplayer but that's what they said.
Grargar: As of now, you still can't. I suspect that the GOG staff hasn't uploaded the final build yet, because there isn't even an option to change languages, despite being advertised in the gamecard.
MarkoH01: There obviously will not be multi-language. I asked the support and here is what they wrote:

"Unfortunately due to technical issues, we are unable to provide different language versions than English.

I don't understand how "technical issues" could prevent multiplayer but that's what they said.
One possible case where technical issues with different languages can prevent multiplayer is if the language is set by the compiled executable and not data files. Multiplayer checks if all players use the same executable (mostly to verify patch version), user A has 1.13.En while user B has 1.13.De and user C has 1.13.Fr. Multiplayer sees each player as having a different exe version, thus refuses to work.

Absolutely no idea if this is the case, just offering a possible explanation.
MarkoH01: There obviously will not be multi-language. I asked the support and here is what they wrote:

JMich: One possible case where technical issues with different languages can prevent multiplayer is if the language is set by the compiled executable and not data files. Multiplayer checks if all players use the same executable (mostly to verify patch version), user A has 1.13.En while user B has 1.13.De and user C has 1.13.Fr. Multiplayer sees each player as having a different exe version, thus refuses to work.

That sounds plausible but one could prevent this by including to startup files (one in english and one in the desired language so that you could at least play single player in the language you wish).
JMich: One possible case where technical issues with different languages can prevent multiplayer is if the language is set by the compiled executable and not data files. Multiplayer checks if all players use the same executable (mostly to verify patch version), user A has 1.13.En while user B has 1.13.De and user C has 1.13.Fr. Multiplayer sees each player as having a different exe version, thus refuses to work.

I doubt this would be the case. The game has multilanguage support on Steam, along with being the only other platform to support online multiplayer.
BoKeRoN: Or they could change the point at where the game checks for GOG Galaxy and leave LAN Play alone. There are several ways to fix this crap. I don't mind having to log in to use someone's game servers or network services, but doing it for LAN? It defeats the whole purpose of LAN Play.
Who said anything about this game having LAN play? :P No, but seriously now, the lack of LAN play is Rebellion's fault, since it was absent in the Steam version as well as far as I know, and there's only so much GOG can demand from a developer. If you want LAN play you will have to bitch to Rebellion.
Post edited November 26, 2014 by F4LL0UT
MarkoH01: That sounds plausible but one could prevent this by including to startup files (one in english and one in the desired language so that you could at least play single player in the language you wish).
I said no idea if this is the case or not, just a situation I've encountered. And Grargar below you says this isn't the case with the Steam version, so probably not the cause for this either.
Grargar: I doubt this would be the case. The game has multilanguage support on Steam, along with being the only other platform to support online multiplayer.
Thank you. Haven't looked too much into it, just going by past experiences.
Post edited November 26, 2014 by JMich
Has GOG mentioned if AvP will have a stand-alone version without the beta?
I'm still waiting on GOG to send me my free copy.
Um Uncle GOG where's my copy you promised?
Is the general agreement that those of us who never got our free activation key should contact support?

I'm asking for a friend...
Actually it's a good idea GOG does not remove the multiplayer part from the game as long as the Galaxy client is not released. So at least people which want to play the multiplayer mode still can play it. And everybody else can run the game in singleplayer mode without the Galaxy wrapper just by launching it from the start menu. And if you are really scared by the Galaxy wrapper you always can remove it after the installation. I think they will clean up the game after the Galaxy release.

But I agree GOG should have added 2 desktop shortcuts to avoid confusion. And it's really bad the German language version is not coming although it had been announced on the game card. :( But I can't really complain as I got the game for free (and otherwise probably wouldn't have bought it and missed all the fun). ;D

PS: Before I got the game I also thought the singleplayer campaigns are the part of the game I would enjoy more, but actually the multiplayer mode is the much better part. Don't miss it. You should at least try it out and play a few games online!
Post edited November 27, 2014 by eiii
For those still who still have not received their codes from the giveaway, make sure you contact Support:

http://www.gog.com/support/contact
Post edited November 27, 2014 by tfishell
cyboff: I received e-mail with the code to redeem in October... redeemed it and now it sits nicely in my library, it didn't disappear after this released...
angelus04: I never received an email with the code just a thank you for signing up

Upon signing up for the promo for Aliens Versus Predator Classic, IIRC no "Thank you" e-mails where sent out for signing up.
(EG: There was NO confirmation e-mail saying your entry into the promo which was bundling the multi-player part of Galaxy Client with AVP processed correctly. The only tip off to the e-mail being submitted was to enter the e-mail address a second time via the promo sign-up page and it would say "E-mail Already used" or something to that affect.)

Maybe this changed at some point, hope so as I thought it strange such would not be sent out seeing how important the Galaxy Client is to GOG.

Post edited November 27, 2014 by WeAreNotAlone