It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Make no mistake, they WILL hear you scream!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, a suspenseful Sci-Fi first-person shooter with three very different single-player campaigns, one for each species, and a frantic multiplayer mode, is available 50% off, DRM-free on GOG.com!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 features the Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator Campaigns and the frenetic single-player Skirmish mode from the original title: Alien Versus Predator Gold Edition, which was released to massive acclaim in 2000. It's been updated for modern systems and includes support for Xbox 360 Controller. The three most ferocious species in the universe in a bloodthirsty battle for the ultimate prize: survival. One wrong move turns you from hunter to prey. Deathmatch, Species Deathmatch, Predator Tag, and Cooperative modes await for you in the multiplayer section!

Humans, Xenomorphs, Hunters - it's time to establish once and for all, which of them is the deadliest species in the Universe, in Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, 50% off until Tuesday, December 2, at 10:59AM GMT.
On gamecard it is said that there is German Audio and text now so I redownloaded the game. Still only english. Is the mistake on the gamecard, the game or with me?
ReynardFox: So Galaxy isn't included in the current installer, but it gives you a shortcut to download it later?
Something like that.

ReynardFox: Does said Galaxy installer give you the option to change install location yet?
Not yet. It still defaults to Program Files, regardless of AVP's installation folder.
Grargar: Something like that.

Not yet. It still defaults to Program Files, regardless of AVP's installation folder.
Bugger, well as long the game's installer isn't forcing galaxy on me like the beta did I'm happy.
ReynardFox: Bugger, well as long the game's installer isn't forcing galaxy on me like the beta did I'm happy.
It did? How? I was able to play the single-player without installing Galaxy at all.
Grargar: It did? How? I was able to play the single-player without installing Galaxy at all.
When I installed the beta, I discovered Galaxy secretly installed itself onto my C drive. There was no prompt.
Post edited November 25, 2014 by ReynardFox
ReynardFox: When I installed the beta, I discovered Galaxy secretly installed itself onto my C drive. There was no prompt.
That's strange. The galaxy should only be installed when you run The "Alien vs Predator Classic 2000 - Galaxy Client" shortcut. There is another one simply called "Alien vs Predator Classic 2000" that just runs the game.
Grargar: That's strange. The galaxy should only be installed when you run The "Alien vs Predator Classic 2000 - Galaxy Client" shortcut. There is another one simply called "Alien vs Predator Classic 2000" that just runs the game.
When I DL'd the beta game, I got one installer like any GOG game, and it went online and downloaded the galaxy data automatically. I got both the single player and galaxy launcher shortcuts and no choice in what was installed.

This really ticked me off as it wasted writes on my SSD, and I don't take kindly to auto-installers or progs with non-selectable install locations.
ReynardFox: When I DL'd the beta game, I got one installer like any GOG game, and it went online and downloaded the galaxy data automatically. I got both the single player and galaxy launcher shortcuts and no choice in what was installed.

This really ticked me off as it wasted writes on my SSD, and I don't take kindly to auto-installers or progs with non-selectable install locations.
OK then. Let me try to reinstall it and I will report back.
I don't mean to be a jerk but on Steam the game's regular price is only 2,99€, here it's 4,79€. What's up with that? Is Rebellion taking more money for now because they had to adjust the game for Galaxy?

Also I did not get my free copy either but another charitable user donated me one.
Post edited November 26, 2014 by F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT: I don't mean to be a jerk but on Steam the game's regular price is only 2,99€, here it's 4,99€. What's up with that? Is Rebellion taking more money for now because they had to adjust the game for Galaxy?

Also I did not get my free copy either but another charitable user donated me one.
You can thank GOG for that. They refuse to have any old game with a price lower than $5.99.
ReynardFox: When I DL'd the beta game, I got one installer like any GOG game, and it went online and downloaded the galaxy data automatically. I got both the single player and galaxy launcher shortcuts and no choice in what was installed.

Seems like you are correct. The GalaxyClient folder is still automatically installed without any option to prevent it/change its location.
Post edited November 25, 2014 by Grargar
Grargar: You can thank GOG for that. They refuse to have any old game with a price lower than $5.99.
Seems like you are correct. The GalaxyClient folder is still automatically installed without any option to prevent it/change its location.
Damn, I get the feeling they haven't changed/updated the installer since the beta, it's a shame I can't remember the version number to be sure. I hope they get this sorted quickly.

Thanks for checking though.
When GOG first released AvP with their giveaway, the GOG Galaxy portion of AvP was embedded in the installer. That is, when one installs the game, GOG Galaxy is automatically installed as well in the folder ...Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient. Now my question is: will the latest version of AvP still have the beta version of GOG Galaxy Client built-in? Because it doesn't make sense to include the beta anymore--especially once the full version of GOG Galaxy is released. Installing a beta version over a full version of GOG Galaxy could cause compatibility issues.
ReynardFox: Damn, I get the feeling they haven't changed/updated the installer since the beta, it's a shame I can't remember the version number to be sure.
The release version is the last beta one (2.0.0.25). It didnt change with its release.
ReynardFox: Damn, I get the feeling they haven't changed/updated the installer since the beta, it's a shame I can't remember the version number to be sure.
Grargar: The release version is the last beta one (2.0.0.25). It didnt change with its release.
Did GOG say whether they would release a version of AvP without the GOG Galaxy beta?
Grargar: The release version is the last beta one (2.0.0.25). It didnt change with its release.
Aah. Well here's hoping by days end we get a proper installer... I sincerely hope they don't intend to leave it in such a state.