It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome to relativity! Get your complimentary fez.

FEZ,an original, incredibly deep perspective-twisting puzzle-platformer with countless awesome stages to explore, is available 10% off for pre-order on GOG.com. That's only $8.99 until Wednesday, May 1, at 9:59AM GMT, when we expect the game to arrive.

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/fez][/url]A unique title like FEZ demands we did something special. This is why we decided to start a little weird contest, so you get the chance to Win a fez to play FEZ in a fez! That's right! We're giving away 20 FEZ fezes to people who pre-order the game. The game's puzzles are highly complicated, challenging, original, and complex, so we decided to keep the contest rules as plain, simple, and uninspired as possible. Here's what you need to do:

1. Pre-order FEZ here for only $8.99: www.gog.com/gamecard/fez
2. Write to [url=mailto:contest@gog.com]contest@gog.com[/url] and tell us why you should win a fez
3. Profit: win one of the 20 awesome fezes to give away! (We'll start shipping them worldwide on May 1st, so that's the deadline for submissions.)

See the fez here.

FEZ is a puzzle-platformer like no other. First of all, its gameplay mechanics come with a perspective-changing twist, that make every stage of the game not one, but four 2D landscapes. You'll have to use that to your advantage and figure out how to make seemingly impossible jumps. That's just scratching the surface, though. There's no telling just how many complex and original puzzles have been hidden in the world of FEZ. That might be the first game in quite some time, that will make you take notes while you play, so you can crack some of the game's secrets and understand its strange languages. There's so many layers and levels to the world you'll be exploring, that you probably won't see the half of it at your first playthrough! Pair that with incredibly diverse level-design, and charming pixel-art (ummm... sorry, trixel-art) graphics, and what you get is one of the most remarkable titles of our time. Be sure not to miss it!

Pre-order FEZ today to enjoy its mind-bending perspective-twisting charm at 10% discount! Remember, the pre-order offer lasts until Wednesday, May 1, at 9:59AM GMT
Post edited April 22, 2013 by G-Doc
Phil Fish made a cameo in the latest Double Fine update video :D.
Coala: <blushed>
:)
JMich: But I was warned not to mess with Coala, because they wouldn't find enough left of me to bury. How can that be true for the lovely lady in the Fez?
Oh no, it was a lie, I'm really nice.
Trust me, I'm a woman!

And now, may I kindly ask you to tell me who warned you?
I would like to tell him that he is wrong...
And I will tell him this, one way or another...

;D

(also, thank you ;) )
Coala: And now, may I kindly ask you to tell me who warned you?
I would like to tell him that he is wrong...
And I will tell him this, one way or another...
I think it was the comments on that old team picture you took 2 years ago. Mostly this post.

So I'd say it's some kind of general GOG knowledge, that you acquire once you've been here for a while.
Sabin_Stargem: -snip-
PenutBrittle: You forgot the end of the story, where he later a) apologized b) clarified that he meant modern Japanese games c) admitted that he thinks there are a few exceptions.
It's easy to do that after such a backlash. He had the perfect opportunity to say the exact same thing in a conference and to elaborate on that - the Japanese developer was *clearly* asking for insight - but Fish decided to go the "look I'm controversial and I have personality!!!" route at the worst possible moment. Why offer real criticism when you can just be shocking, right?

People make mistakes and yes, anyone's entitled to a harsh opinion on anything, but this kind of attitude says VOLUMES about who a person is. I never liked the stereotypical, condescending British music critic attitude back in the 90's when I fancied myself an indie rock aficionado, and Phil Fish sounds exactly like those guys, only in a different frame of reference. I cannot help but see Fez as the gaming equivalent to one of those overpraised British indie rock bands of that era, with their short names, lots of retro style but usually no substance. I stopped reading those losers as soon as I had my own bills to take care of, and I'm not giving Fish the benefit of the doubt also.
Sabin_Stargem: While it is true that Japan wouldn't be overly bothered by Phil Fish, it is still a mark against Phil Fish's character. If he had good intentions, I think that he would have explained his argument in detail while on the floor. After all - that is the point of a panel, to express opinions and to educate people on them. It is his failure when he didn't give context to why he held his opinion.

Explaining after the fact doesn't work, not when you are a member of the Game Development Conference panel and go no further than "Your games just suck." In my opinion, this is a demonstration of Phil Fish not taking his duties on the panel seriously, and it shows that he lacks empathy towards the feelings of other people.
There's this also. Which by the way kills any sympathy I would have for someone working his ass off for years to do one's dream project. If he treated his game's development as he did his duties in this panel, no wonder it took years to be ready...
Post edited April 24, 2013 by fabiosooner
It does not seem to have been answered yet:
is there a chance that we will get the soundtrack?
As a Doctor Who fan, i find this contest very interesting.
IcaroSan: As a Doctor Who fan, i find this contest very interesting.
Oh yeah, I thought the same thing too when I read the announcement.
Fezes are cool!
Sabin_Stargem: -snip-
PenutBrittle: You forgot the end of the story, where he later a) apologized b) clarified that he meant modern Japanese games c) admitted that he thinks there are a few exceptions.
Fish is entitled to be a dick and people are entitled to treat him like one.
YnK: Seriously, though... History knows quite a few people who created wonderful things while also being complete jerks. Imagine what our culture would've been like nowadays if, back then, they were being deliberately ignored due to their attitude?
Well, for starters, if people had ignored maximus jerkass Edison, they would have listened to fantastic actual-hero Tesla, and life would be much, much better these days.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/224760/discussions/0/828936719094418300/
Well with everything he says even now my money remains mine and not his
Dreadjaws: Well, for starters, if people had ignored maximus jerkass Edison, they would have listened to fantastic actual-hero Tesla, and life would be much, much better these days.
If only.....

I want my Death Ray, damnit!
I came across 'Fez' in a documentary about indie games on netflix and frankly, I think he's entitled to a bit of snark. Heck Wil Wheaton's had occasion to say worse - You just happen to know (Well, be pretty sure) he's joking and doesn't mean it.

Is there a level of jerk-ass that will knock me away from buying something? Sure, ask me about the Orson Scott Card I no longer read. But this? Meh.

Jonnan
JMich: So I'd say it's some kind of general GOG knowledge, that you acquire once you've been here for a while.
I totally forgot about this thread;)
And I really like the " general knowledge" explanation ;)

But I:m more like this:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OGZ3j6qr6fk/UZy_FPmErvI/AAAAAAAAnxY/5JnzJ0KCqss/w506-h380-o/photo.jpg

:)