It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Rapinoe :D

1-0

and shit, I missed the 2nd goal.
DubConqueror: CongratulUSasians and celebrations to you!
You just defeated the second best women's team of the whole world ;-)

#proudtobedutch
Thank you, and as many have noted, the rest of the world is quickly catching up, for the betterment of the sport, for the betterment of everyone.

Now with that said, how about we do something about getting these players EQUAL PAY.
Women's Eurobasket final. :)

Thank you, and as many have noted, the rest of the world is quickly catching up, for the betterment of the sport, for the betterment of everyone.

Now with that said, how about we do something about getting these players EQUAL PAY.
Is the pay really unequal, or is it the "unequal" where factors come into play like women taking time off for maternity leave and other figures/facts people usually leave out when complaining about wage gaps. I am being serious btw when asking this.

GameRager: Is the pay really unequal, or is it the "unequal" where factors come into play like women taking time off for maternity leave and other figures/facts people usually leave out when complaining about wage gaps. I am being serious btw when asking this.
The pay is unequal because people don't care as much. Less ad revenue, sponsorship money and so on. They get what the market is willing to pay them, nothing more, nothing less. If people want them to get more money, showing more interest would be enough.

I haven't cared about team sports in 20 years so I don't care, either way. I got no horse in the race so to speak.
Post edited July 08, 2019 by user deleted
Fairfox: quick, help, whats indian food like
A bit late, but .. it's absolutely fantastic. However, choose your spicing carefully.
Post edited July 08, 2019 by StarChan
Discovering Rusty Lake games.
GameRager: Is the pay really unequal, or is it the "unequal" where factors come into play like women taking time off for maternity leave and other figures/facts people usually leave out when complaining about wage gaps. I am being serious btw when asking this.
DadJoke007: The pay is unequal because people don't care as much. Less ad revenue, sponsorship money and so on. They get what the market is willing to pay them, nothing more, nothing less. If people want them to get more money, showing more interest would be enough.

I haven't cared about team sports in 20 years so I don't care, either way. I got no horse in the race so to speak.
Also how is the pay unequal when players get paid various salaries depending on how their contracts are negotiated? o.0 :\

And yeah if more were interested they'd likely get paid more...cannot squeeze blood from a stone, as the saying goes.
DadJoke007: The pay is unequal because people don't care as much. Less ad revenue, sponsorship money and so on. They get what the market is willing to pay them, nothing more, nothing less. If people want them to get more money, showing more interest would be enough.

GameRager: Also how is the pay unequal when players get paid various salaries depending on how their contracts are negotiated? o.0 :\

And yeah if more were interested they'd likely get paid more...cannot squeeze blood from a stone, as the saying goes.
The pay is unequal from the perspective that male and female soccer professionals should draw the same salary since they basically do the same thing at top-level in their respective areas. I would guess that's what people mean when they want female soccer professionals to get equal pay.

But, for the sake of argument: more people would probably watch if women soccer got paid more because that would incentivize more young girls to work harder for a career in sports since it might be viable some day. The overall quality would rise.

Also, more good role models that come with the sport getting bigger would probably lead to more girls picking up soccer. Which could lead to even higher quality professional soccer later on.

Edit: sorry for the linguistic clusturfuck, I hope it's readable either way.
GameRager: Also how is the pay unequal when players get paid various salaries depending on how their contracts are negotiated? o.0 :\

DadJoke007: The pay is unequal from the perspective that male and female soccer professionals should draw the same salary since they basically do the same thing at top-level in their respective areas. I would guess that's what people mean when they want female soccer professionals to get equal pay.

But, for the sake of argument, more people would probably watch if they got paid more because that would incentivize more young girls to work harder for a career in sports since it might be viable some day. If they're talented, that is.

Also, more good role models that come with the sport getting bigger would probably lead to more girls picking up soccer. Which could lead to even higher quality professional soccer later on.
1. Since pay is still unequal depending on how well you or your agent negotiates and other factors it never would be totally equal, sadly.

2. Maybe...maybe not. Many see it as inferior(sadly) than male versions of the sport, or see it as fluff compared to male versions. You'd need to change many people's way of thinking to get around that, imo.

3. Possibly
I should have kept my fucking mouth shut.

From now on, I'm just going to let my army of mass derepping alts do all my talking. :P
Post edited July 08, 2019 by tinyE
GameRager: 2. Maybe...maybe not. Many see it as inferior(sadly) than male versions of the sport, or see it as fluff compared to male versions. You'd need to change many people's way of thinking to get around that, imo.
On the other hand, the Swedish women soccer team lost against a team of 15-year-old boys from Stockholm in Sweden. And those women were among the best in the world.

Those who don't believe me can translate the page below. (edit: wrong link at first, correct one in place now)
https://www2.svenskfotboll.se/landslag/damer/arkiv/landslag/2015/11/forlust-mot-stockholm-p15/

I have nothing to add and nothing I wanted to say by that really, just some anecdote I remembered that could be part of the explanation for the low interest. But that might be a case of the hen or the egg, higher salary might incentivize more women to push harder and raise the bar.

tinyE: I should have kept my fucking mouth shut.

From now on, I'm just going to let my army of mass derepping alts do all my talking. :P
My bad, I can't help myself from dissecting and ponder a question or an argument when it shows up.

Congratulations to the victory by the way, even though I hoped for Sweden deep down. :D
Good news, for a change! Not exactly the ones i had been waiting for, but they will have to do. That and i finally get to close a circle of events that dragged on for too long, pointlessly. Now, to turn lessons into XP; in the most literal of senses, obviously.

"The essence of balance is detachment". And then they say; games are fantasy!
Post edited July 08, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Why not have mixed teams? then you have your equality, otherwise it's not really equality is it?

Intruth things will never be equal due to the physical differences between the sexes, such as life.
Post edited July 08, 2019 by DetouR6734
DetouR6734: Intruth things will never be equal due to the physical differences between the sexes, such as life.
Equal physical performance wasn't what the discussion was about though, but equal pay among men and women playing professional soccer. I don't think anyone here denies physiological differences between the sexes when it comes to performance.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: "The essence of balance is detachment".
like toilet paper