It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRager: IIRC there was no mention of the current "big bad" in the 2nd game in the first 1st game, and other new characters that got little to no acknowledgement in the first game that are in the second game.
Bioshock 2 is by a different team, and it's not even considered "canon". That's pretty clear when you listen to the interview parts included in Bioshock 1. AFAIK Infinite (I want it on GOG now!!) with Burial At Sea returns to Rapture and does not mention any of the the events or characters of Bioshock 2, they simply ignored it.

I liked Bioshock 2, although it was less immersion and more game-y for me, at least until the very late levels where it got better. The last levels are almost on par with the original game. What I also missed was the ability to travel back and forth between levels.
GameRager: IIRC there was no mention of the current "big bad" in the 2nd game in the first 1st game, and other new characters that got little to no acknowledgement in the first game that are in the second game.
toxicTom: Bioshock 2 is by a different team, and it's not even considered "canon". That's pretty clear when you listen to the interview parts included in Bioshock 1. AFAIK Infinite (I want it on GOG now!!) with Burial At Sea returns to Rapture and does not mention any of the the events or characters of Bioshock 2, they simply ignored it.

I liked Bioshock 2, although it was less immersion and more game-y for me, at least until the very late levels where it got better. The last levels are almost on par with the original game. What I also missed was the ability to travel back and forth between levels.
Afaik Infinite is set(including the DLC) before 2(and perhaps 1 as well).

As for the levels...I kinda like most of em so far, but some things are out of place/headscratch worthy....like the fact that there are no bathysphere ports(at least ones one can use) in any of the "older" areas of rapture.

Also no ghosts(so far that I saw). :\
Post edited May 21, 2019 by GameRager
On topic:

Darksiders... I suck at these kind of games, and I struggle a lot with the controls and the camera. Controls are better with a gamepad, but camera became really frustrating (probably lack of practice, but I've been a M+K gamer since ages...).
So I play it on Easy (I couldn't beat two of those "challenges" in the graveyard level on Medium). Yeah, laugh all you want ;-)

It's fun, especially the puzzles which sometimes require good observation and spacial thinking, but aren't too hard. I've beaten the four Chosen now... Boss fights are kind of fun but often drag out far too long (esp. that bat monster- Tiamat).
Dark souls 3. Every one of my first successful playthroughs of a Dark Souls game has been done with fast weapons and pyromancy. I don’t know why I have always been drawn to this combination, but it’s worked with all 3 games, and I had fun doing it. However, with this being my second complete run through Dark Souls 3, I wanted to try something a little different. I started this run with the intentions of it being a strength/faith build. I quickly realized, however, that early faith investment was handicapping my character, so I respecced as soon as I could and invested primarily in strength. I saw much more success. I still intend to invest a little in faith just so I can try miracles out a bit (I did have some fun with the Force miracle, after all, and I have since obtained several other offensive miracles), but for now, most of my levels have been in strength and vigor.

And to be honest, I’m still having a blast. I’m enjoying this run far more than my first, and I particularly enjoy the different play style that comes with greatswords. Being able to consistently stagger enemies and not get staggered in return is fun. I went with the bastard sword, which I understand isn’t the best greatsword, but I have no complaints thus far. The shorter reach hasn’t proved much of a detriment, since I tend to get up close and personal with this build anyway. The only boss so far that has given me much trouble is Pontiff Sulyvahn. I was finally able to figure out the parry timing, but the clone kept making my life miserable in his second phase. I finally just threw all caution to the wind and starting swinging madly even when the clone was active, and though my first attempt at this failed miserably, my second was successful. I am now heading to Aldrich—or at least I will be as soon as I again have access to this computer. I left it at my parents’ house when I moved, and I now can only access it on the rare occasions that I am at their house for an extended period of time.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. The other computer I have access to isn’t a gaming computer, so playing newer games in it is a no go. However, I found that older games work fine, so I was able to scratch an itch I’ve had for a while. I loved VtM: B the first time I played it, and I’m enjoying it just as much this time. My first playthrough was as a Tremere, which was great fun, but also fairly easy when it came to combat. This time I opted for a Toreador, and I’m going for a persuasive vampire with decent melee skills when it comes to a fight.

Oddly, for a clan that appears to be more about talking things out and persuading or seducing people, two of the Toreador’s Disciplines are incredibly well-suited to melee combat—three if you count Bloodbuff, which all clans get. When facing off against some of the early Kindred enemies that gave me problems on my first run, using Bloodbuff, Celerity, and Presence made the fights incredibly easy. In fact, in one case, I faced a boss enemy that was part of a side quest. I expected it to be a difficult fight, but the boss never even touched me. I activated those three Disciplines, and my first attack knocked the boss down. I kept up the heat, and every time it got back up, I immediately knocked it down again. I was pleasantly surprised.

I’m also enjoying being able to get through some situations by talking. My high persuasion feat has made some situations waaaay easier than my first time around (the beach house in particular). Plus, being able to get some additional dialogue out of people is pretty cool.
I know it's weird but... I played so many FPS titles through my life yet don't like Doom or Quake, though still beat them recently. I know they're classic blah blah blah but I don't share big love on them like most folks.

That said, I do appreciate mods for them. Like Arcane Dimensions for Quake and Hedon with Ashen 2063 for Doom. Their sheer quality is absolutely amazing.

Beside mods there is Cold Zero - Last Stand. Action top down games are my jam, played most of them no matter their quality. Don't care about scores and reviews.
Back to the game - I did a lot of attempts at old games on both Win7 and Win10 and getting Cold Zero, where engine is rock solid, plays without patches, compatibility modes or neccessity to use virtual PCs is something you rarely see.
Oh and Alt+TAB works.
No windowed mode though...
Post edited May 28, 2019 by SpecShadow
Wolfenstein 3D. Again. Because it's fun.
Saboteur

Looks like there is no save IN mission. Are the missions tediously long?

I don't mind checkpoints that I go back to if I die, but I don't want to have to spend five hours playing so that when I log off and come back I don't have to start over.
tinyE: Saboteur

I don't mind checkpoints that I go back to if I die, but I don't want to have to spend five hours playing so that when I log off and come back I don't have to start over.
I don't recall it being much of an issue when I played it, and I tend to hate games that don't have fairly frequent save points (well, I tend to dislike the whole save point mechanic in the first place). I had a blast with this game. Hope you enjoy.
It's been Warhammer 2 Total War after Atlas went full flop to me.
Post edited May 29, 2019 by mastro_akq
tinyE: Saboteur

TerriblePurpose: I don't recall it being much of an issue when I played it, and I tend to hate games that don't have fairly frequent save points (well, I tend to dislike the whole save point mechanic in the first place). I had a blast with this game. Hope you enjoy.
I'm loving it, but I seriously doubt a single unarmed member of the French Resistance would stand a chance trying to beat up a group of Nazis. They'd gun him down before I got within ten feet. XD
tinyE: I'm loving it, but I seriously doubt a single unarmed member of the French Resistance would stand a chance trying to beat up a group of Nazis. They'd gun him down before I got within ten feet. XD
But eetz fun as hell, non?
The Fall is great so far. It reminds me a lot of LIMBO but with a little more interaction (tools, key cards, weapons) more backtracking (LIMBO you pretty much just went right the whole game).

Simple and beautiful with quasi challenging puzzles, though I'm still early.

At 1.99 USD I highly recommend it....and hello, I just noticed it has a sequel.
I'll have to check that out.
Warcraft 3 [Normal] - I've never really played it much before even though it was one of the main games my computer just couldn't run when I was younger and I would've almost had given anything to play at the time. It's a little jarring with the cartoon like 3d models but mostly everything is going alright and I'm having fun (though not as much fun as I would I think if I was younger).

World of Warcraft - I always wanted to play this since it came out but due to having a problem with something like an outdated computer,dial up internet,lack of money or using linux, I couldn't ever play it; Now I hate MMORPG's at this point in my life (they were something I couldn't have before and I learn just to deal with it) but with all this WoW Classic buzz going around twitch and whatnot I thought this would be a good time to try to play it. Well honestly - I don't like it, I hate it, I hate the quests/jobs - it's always collect 5 of this or 10 of this or talk to this person or play this scripted event,bad camera angles,etc everything is just dull, I don't want to play with other people (yes yes I understand its a mmorpg) and there's no way in the world I would pay $15 a month and buy the latest expansion for $40+. If there's one thing it has done for me is that it has reminded me how much I missed old school roguelikes and makes me want to played those instead.
I've started playing Zak McKracken and the alien mindbenders.
I wonder whether I'll be able to finish it.
A few hours in Enderal; works fine, quite immersive and a great free to play.