It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: Cataclysm : Dark Days Ahead. Pretty damn fun and pretty painless to get past the basics. My previous character tried to flee from a wolf by jumping into a pickup but couldn't close the door in time :P And my current character just smashed open a crate and very weirdly discovered some dynamite and C4.
Ixamyakxim: This sounds all kinds of awesome and right up my alley - in dev game? Already released but not here?
It's very cool :) It reminds me a lot of project zomboid, only far more extensive in scope (well, except for map size). It's an open source roguelike that seems to be continuously in development. It did have a successful kickstarter a few years back to hire a developer fulltime for a few months.
As of right now you just go to the site and either download the stable release or the latest nightly, the latter of which at the moment seems to be the better choice.

The graphics is a lot like dwarf fortress, with optional graphical tilesets built in if you don't like the ascii 'graphics'. And the gameplay is similar to dwarf fortress' adventure mode.
But compared to dwarf fortress and things like nethack it's extremely easy to get going with the game because of its ingame help system. But to reach a somewhat competent level is another matter. I'm still struggling to survive for more than one day!
Matewis:
Oh wow neat thanks for the rundown - I might have to check it out (I have a tough time adjusting to that sort of visual style, but if it has ingame tilesets it might not be a big issue for me).
Emperor ROMK, and just off the bad it looks like your hunting sheds can't burn down

It's about time they added this!!!
Ixamyakxim: Oh wow neat thanks for the rundown - I might have to check it out (I have a tough time adjusting to that sort of visual style, but if it has ingame tilesets it might not be a big issue for me).
No problem :) Weirdly I just can't get used to the other tilesets. I tried about 10 different ones in DF and for some reason each one managed to look worse for me than the normal ascii style :\ CDDA does however have a few cool looking retro atari-2600-ish styles.
I'm currently playing <span class="bold">Montaro</span>.

Pantsu for life! :D
Still playing TES: Arena. Started a new Breton Knight, but still have my Dark Elf Nightblade.

Stealing from Chasepoint and selling stolen goods is a great way to make money early on, even if it requires a lot of reloading at this point. Having a Lifesteal weapon makes the early game really easy, as (when used as an item) it kills enemies *really* quickly while healing you at the same time. It even works if you are swimming and the enemy keeps knocking you back when you try to climb up.

One flaw in the game is that, in the Main Quest, the enemy difficulty isn't ramping up the way it should. Fifth Main Quest dungeon (not counting the jail/sewers at the start of the game) and the game is *still* throwing spiders against me, and I think I may have seen rats in the sixth dungeon.

On the other hand, every door that requires a key or riddle so far has been openable with magic. It might take a 50% per level spell to do so (and one in the sixth dungeon didn't open on the first attempt), but it's possible, at least if you are a Nightblade (who pays half for custom Open spells) or Sorcerer.

Still running Cookie Clicker; I have exhausted all of the game's major upgrades, so it is taking longer and longer to get significant gains. I suspect I will quit at some point, probably before getting the undecillion cookies achievement and possibly before the decillion one.
Still playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (gonna be a while till I finish the game) and I started Jade Empire to see how it is. First act was quite okay, so I'll continue playing.
I finally convinced myself to buy Overwatch last week - I've been thinking about it quite a bit since participating in a free weekend last Fall - and I'm having quite a good time with it. I'm staying away from the reflex-skill-oriented heroes since I do horribly with them; I do alright with Soldier 76 though. It's a good thing there's a variety of support classes to choose from. My favored heroes right now are Symmetra, Mercy, Mei, D.Va. In that order. In any case, the game may very well become my favorite team-based shooter since Team Fortress 2, before it got warped and ruined for me with Valve's stupid item economy.

I also decided to start playing LoH: Trails in the Sky over the weekend. It's my first JRPG in a long time - I have a tendency to avoid them - and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Something about that old 3D environment and the pre-rendered sprite-based characters really appeals to me. It has a certain charm to it. I'm halfway through Ch.1 (or so I think) and the difficulty finally seems to be ramping up. With that combat has also become less repetitive since I actually have to start thinking about how to manage combat tactics more effectively.

I also dredged up Agarest: Generations of War from my backlog to give it a test run to see how it compares, and I don't think it'll be going very far for me. My god, the combat is incredibly tedious: so many steps just to make a simple attack, positioning characters for optimal damage dealt is mind-numbing, and let's not forget the huge giant number combos just because! Overly simple story, characters, and dialog... All together, from the 2 hours or so I put in it seems to have the worst of all JRPG features. Oh well.
Mostly been playing Epic Mickey lately. It's...alright. Basically, if you're not into Mickey Mouse, especially the old stuff, it's a fairly standard 3D platformer. Since I do like the old Mickey cartoons and comics, it gets bonus points with me.

I've also been playing a lot of old pre-crash console games lately, mainly Atari 2600, 5200, and Colecovision. Can't say I've ever gotten deeply involved with Intellivision - always struck me as a bit snobbish with the name and George Plimpton commericals and all.
mistermumbles: I finally convinced myself to buy Overwatch last week - I've been thinking about it quite a bit since participating in a free weekend last Fall - and I'm having quite a good time with it. I'm staying away from the reflex-skill-oriented heroes since I do horribly with them; I do alright with Soldier 76 though. It's a good thing there's a variety of support classes to choose from. My favored heroes right now are Symmetra, Mercy, Mei, D.Va. In that order. In any case, the game may very well become my favorite team-based shooter since Team Fortress 2, before it got warped and ruined for me with Valve's stupid item economy.
My daughters play this one a lot. Both like playing the support characters, with the older one preferring Zenyatta (I believe that's the name), and the younger going for Mercy. They seem to do quite well, from what I've seen, but they sure both love the game.
Bastion
The art style in this game is fabulous. The narrator commenting on the events and gameplay is a nice touch. Only a couple of hours in the game. There is a good variety of weapons already and the flexible upgrade system is cool.
Night in the Woods and Shelter.
fables22: Night in the Woods and Shelter.
You could just come hang out in the U.P. for a few weeks and accomplish what both of those games offer. :D
Still Cataclysm : DDA. After several doomed characters I finally had some luck. The first house I explored during my very first night raid had 5 guns! A mossberg shotgun, a wellington shotgun, a M1911 pistol and two Glock 19s. And all of them loaded :D
Suddenly I'm feeling a lot better about my chances for survival this time round

Edit: Wow what a haul! I found lighters, ducktape, a freaking screwdriver set, a fireaxe, a gallon of milk and a ton of other stuff! I even found what was clearly some guy's base down in his basement. Not sure what happened there. There's a bunch of shell casings on the ground next to his corpse as well as a broken M60 machine gun. Perhaps if I survive for long enough I can try to fetch and repair it.

Edit 2: and all for naught. Walked into a god damn bear while returning from my second night raid. If only I had my shotgun wielded :P
Attachments:
cdda.jpg (116 Kb)
Post edited March 01, 2017 by Matewis
Salt and Sanctuary (hope, it will be here someday - best action metroidvania in years) and Terraria. Also keep Tales of Maj'Eyal on hold till major update, coz there should be dozens of delicious things (better particles effects, new class, probably new expansion dlc)