It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Impaler26: I'm currently playing 3 Stars of Destiny from Aldorlea Games. It's a nice oldschool SNES style RPG, starts out pretty easy but the enemies get tougher after a while so it ain't no cakewalk even on easy.
So far i played ~12 hours over the weekend and i'm enjoying it. This will be one of the few games i'll play to the end. :)
The only Aldorlea game i've played so far was Millenium. I haven't finished it yet (i've played it for 16 hours or something), but so far i'm not enjoying it. I love JRPGs, but this one just didn't catch me, there are just too many flaws that prevent me from enjoying it.

My biggest complaint so far is how fucking obscure the side quests are. No, i don't want the game to hold my hand or anything, but most side quests don't give you any information about how to complete them. Side quests just say "collect X item" and don't give you any indication of where to find it. You would have to explore the whole world and click in every tiny pixel to find it by yourself. That's probably the first time i've seen pixel hunting mechanics in a JRPG. No, just no, that's some fucking horrible game design right there.
Impaler26: I'm currently playing 3 Stars of Destiny from Aldorlea Games. It's a nice oldschool SNES style RPG, starts out pretty easy but the enemies get tougher after a while so it ain't no cakewalk even on easy.
So far i played ~12 hours over the weekend and i'm enjoying it. This will be one of the few games i'll play to the end. :)
Neobr10: The only Aldorlea game i've played so far was Millenium. I haven't finished it yet (i've played it for 16 hours or something), but so far i'm not enjoying it. I love JRPGs, but this one just didn't catch me, there are just too many flaws that prevent me from enjoying it.

My biggest complaint so far is how fucking obscure the side quests are. No, i don't want the game to hold my hand or anything, but most side quests don't give you any information about how to complete them. Side quests just say "collect X item" and don't give you any indication of where to find it. You would have to explore the whole world and click in every tiny pixel to find it by yourself. That's probably the first time i've seen pixel hunting mechanics in a JRPG. No, just no, that's some fucking horrible game design right there.
IMO the points you mention aren't really flaws - it was just the same in many old SNES RPGs and i like it when games aren't too easy.
But i understand that it can be a bit frustrating and many people don't have the patience for pixel-hunting nowadays. One man's trash - another man's treasure. ;)
Just started another playthrough of Knights of the Old Republic 2. Somehow I like it better than the first one, though I play through both of them every once in a while.
markx182: Have you run into many bugs?
I wouldn't say "many".
But, yes - I encountered a few.

To give you two examples:

- My shotgun-expert was missing her shotgun - it just disappeared! I have no clue, what happened, but out of a sudden, she was standing in a firefight with bare hands.

- the plotter, where all your actions, scene descriptions and talks appear, was suddenly "stuck". It repeated the same sentence over and over again. I clicked on a grave and it gave out "such an horrible way to die", I clicked on a dog and it gave out "such an horrible way to die", I clicked on a merchant and it gave out "such an horrible way to die"... - this resolved, after I started the game new.

No bugs, but a bit annoying, nonetheless:

- the mouse movement seems to be very "floaty", esp. if you want to give one object from one character's inventory to another. However, I'm not sure, if this might be a problem only on my laptop / my mouse.

- the "top down" view of the original Wasteland, that I personally hoped for, is not there - you can zoom out and it will "almost" be top down, but not exactly - and this makes it necessary, to rotate the camera, to find all lootable objects - which results in me getting rather disoriented, from time to time.

- ***POSSIBLE SPOILER* I don't like that, while on one mission, I get radio transmissions from another place, where I "should" be...giving me the feeling, I totally screwed up (which is not true, btw. - afaik, if I had chosen the other mission first, it would have been the other way around). Here's the thing - on other occasions, you will arrive "just in time" for something to happen / to be of help to someone in need - so why not here, too? Why not let me go through the one mission and then let me go through the other mission? Nothing wrong with radio transmissions as such, you know, to give you a certain feeling of haste, but why "punish" me (or giving me the feeling of being punished, at least) *POSSIBLE SPOILER END***

Emob78: Loving AND hating every minute of it. Very conflicted on that one.
Yeah - the same goes for me...so far, I'm not really happy with WL2. :o(
Shadowgrounds Survivor and Runner 2.
Probably soon CLARC again.

This area is so mean, that I have put the game on hold a while ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTNixGns224&t=3m50s
KOTOR
markx182: Have you run into many bugs?
BreOl72: I wouldn't say "many".
But, yes - I encountered a few.

To give you two examples:

- My shotgun-expert was missing her shotgun - it just disappeared! I have no clue, what happened, but out of a sudden, she was standing in a firefight with bare hands.
I haven't played Wasteland 2, so take this with a grain of salt, but whenever this happens to me in a tactical game my first thought is "Oh damn a bug!" My second thought is always "Oh wait, this might be a morale issue"

I know in several games like this, if your trooper takes too much damage, panics or is hit with a certain type of attack they will sometimes drop their weapons. Last time it happened to me was in Arcanum, when my first NPC companion dropped his staff - I didn't realize it at first and had to go back and scour the entire first starter map ;)
Rise of the Triad (2013). Played it for the first time in months, but only for about ten minutes. It's fun but at the same time I'm not finding it to be that interesting. I'd probably like it better with a controller since the mouse sensitivity seems to come in two settings: A: Weee look at how fast I can spin around just by touching the mouse! and B: Okay I've moved the mouse as far as I can and only turned a quarter of an inch.
Impaler26: IMO the points you mention aren't really flaws - it was just the same in many old SNES RPGs and i like it when games aren't too easy.
But i understand that it can be a bit frustrating and many people don't have the patience for pixel-hunting nowadays. One man's trash - another man's treasure. ;)
Oh, no, i completely disagree with you there. I've played tons of JRPGs in the past, especially SNES and PS1 ones, and the good JRPGs do not pull crap like this at all. I don't remember feeling so frustrated when playing Wild Arms, Breath of Fire, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, the Tales of series and many other JRPGs from the past. The thing with Millenium is that it's nearly impossible to play without a walkthrough, which is pretty dumb in my opinion.

For example, there is a location called "The Forge" in which you can buy items that are extremely important in the game (like a key that can unlock chests). The thing is, the game never tells you where it is, in fact it doesn't even tell you about its existence, and it's fucking hidden in the corner of one of the overworld maps. Another example: there's a quest in which you need to gather some snakes. The problem is that snakes only appear in one map in the entire game, and to make things worse you need a specific pair of gloves that you can only buy in one store in the entire game. Does the game give you any hint about where to find these snakes? Nope. Does the game tell you that you need this pair of gloves to pick up the snakes? Fuck no. How is the player supposed to figure that out? No matter how you want to paint it, that's bad game design, period. And no, the great JRPGs from the SNES/PS1 were not like this.
Post edited September 25, 2014 by Neobr10
Chompy Chomp Chomp. It works within my only-have-5-minutes-but-want-to-play lifestyle at the moment.

So far its more fun than I expected, but lack of windowed mode and non-activating Steam achievements are dragging it down. I'm also not sure how long it will hold up... I suspect I'll be marking this as finished in just a couple of hours of play time.
I got a digital download from Blizzard Battlenet for Starcraft Anthology recently, redeeming my old keycode , since installing from the old discs and patching the game was getting old. (If you use the latest patches and copy and rename files you don’t have to have a disc in the drive to play). Also, I was having some minor graphic glitches with the cutscenes, splash and menu screens.

I’m not sure if the Anthology is patched to the latest, which might be the 6.1 patch, though if I remember correctly, the latest Broodwar expansion was patched to 5.2, which is the version I downloaded from Battlenet.

However, I’m very happy to say that the graphic issues are gone, except for the initial loading screen. :)

So, I’m making an effort to play through the Broodwar expansion for the first time. For some reason over the years I never did finish it, though I have finished the original Starcraft campaigns several times and played lots of skirmish matches with the Broodwar factions. Just finished the Protoss missions, moving on to the Terrans.
Betrayer. I "quit" this game earlier this year but I keep coming back to it. The only real issues I have with it is enemies respawning when you fail (but the ammo you used is gone) and how certain areas lump five or six enemies together at a time, which is a bit hard to deal with considering how you're generally softer than your enemies (I'm playing on "Difficult Enemies" mode. Otherwise the game is fantastic, especially the use of audio. I'm playing it with color at the moment, it's beautiful either way and you can choose just how much color and contrast to use. Using color does make the game lose some of it's atmosphere but it also makes it a bit harder as enemies no longer stick out so much. Great game, occasionally very frustrating (and not in a good way) but a great game nonetheless.
It's been almost 3 years since I got it and I am still trying to finish Gundam vs Zeta Gundam, it really should not take me this long to finish a game.
I am giving Pagan Poland in CKII a rest for now as I am planning on restarting it from scratch due to the fact that I am not liking how things are going with empire management.

Sooo I am taking DROD Gunthro and the Epic Blunder for a spin :D
I'm currently playing Skyrim (again), Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Eurotruck Simulator 2 and Wasteland 2
Post edited September 27, 2014 by ThermioN