It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

andysheets1975: Just started Omikron: The Nomad Soul. The controls are pretty stiff but I really dig the atmosphere of this game so far.
Playing Heavy Rain right now. The controls are pretty stiff but I really dig the atmosphere of this game so far.

I guess Cage will be Cage.
Post edited September 19, 2014 by F4LL0UT
andysheets1975: Just started Omikron: The Nomad Soul. The controls are pretty stiff but I really dig the atmosphere of this game so far.
F4LL0UT: Playing Heavy Rain right now. The controls are pretty stiff but I really dig the atmosphere of this game so far.

I guess Cage will be Cage.
Ha, yeah, I've got Fahrenheit, too, so I'm trying to keep an open mind but also tempering expectations at the same time.
I've been playing Falskaar, a fan made DLC for Skyrim. It's a full length DLC featuring a new landmass, full voice acting as well as a large main quest with multiple side quests. It was actually made mostly by one person if I remember correctly, which is quite impressive.
Wasteland 2, what else? ;o)
I've been playing a little bit of Afterfall Insanity: Extended Edition and can't decide whether it's a good game or not. I'm early in the game but it seems to be straddling the "interesting in several ways but overall mediocre" line.
I'm currently playing 3 Stars of Destiny from Aldorlea Games. It's a nice oldschool SNES style RPG, starts out pretty easy but the enemies get tougher after a while so it ain't no cakewalk even on easy.
So far i played ~12 hours over the weekend and i'm enjoying it. This will be one of the few games i'll play to the end. :)
Heroes of the Pacific (everyone needs this game! :P)
Hammerwatch
BreOl72: Wasteland 2, what else? ;o)
Same here. Loving AND hating every minute of it. Very conflicted on that one. If I submitted a review for GOG on it right now my review would consist of random curse words, squiggly hearts, and Egyptian hieroglyphs.
Remember Me, and I'm actually enjoying it a lot. That's the third game with rather mediocre Metacritic rating that I enjoy (the other two being Demonicon and Murdered: Soul Suspect), which goes to show that you can't rely on average review scores when it comes to personal taste, and that their average of around 60 can still mean fun for me. Sure, none of these are perfect and they are quite dumbed down in some aspects, but it's not enough to make me dislike them, I still find them entertaining enough (playing with an Xbox controller).
Have you run into many bugs?

Bugs have been mentioned as a negative in a couple of reviews I've seen, so I've been thinking I should wait for a patch or two before starting it up.

I've been playing a few indie games lately: Steamworld Dig, Stealth Bastard, and Eldritch. All were a bit of fun, but got old for me a bit fast. Eldritch is the only one I still want to play a bit more of after 90 mins.
Luscious. I don't think I'll be playing this one for long, it's just not very good. Perhaps the most disappointing thing is the complete and utter lack of any kind of atmosphere. The controls are pretty bad too.
markx182: Have you run into many bugs?

Bugs have been mentioned as a negative in a couple of reviews I've seen, so I've been thinking I should wait for a patch or two before starting it up.

I've been playing a few indie games lately: Steamworld Dig, Stealth Bastard, and Eldritch. All were a bit of fun, but got old for me a bit fast. Eldritch is the only one I still want to play a bit more of after 90 mins.
I've had a couple. Screen tear on the first run but it hasn't happened since. Also, several dialogues have missing audio. Lots of text has audio, then some lines from characters will just scroll the text, no audio. I don't know, it's weird. And there's also some random text bugs like some character effects over your avatar, ones that seem to have place holder text like 'effect damage goes here, effect duration goes here'... not game breaking bad, just annoying.
markx182: Have you run into many bugs?

Emob78: I've had a couple. Screen tear on the first run but it hasn't happened since. Also, several dialogues have missing audio. Lots of text has audio, then some lines from characters will just scroll the text, no audio. I don't know, it's weird. And there's also some random text bugs like some character effects over your avatar, ones that seem to have place holder text like 'effect damage goes here, effect duration goes here'... not game breaking bad, just annoying.
Ah I see. The kinds of things that don't get in the way, but break your immersion. Understandable in a game of this scope, but hopefully they'll get it cleaned up quickly.
markx182: Bugs have been mentioned as a negative in a couple of reviews I've seen, so I've been thinking I should wait for a patch or two before starting it up.
Same here, i already downloaded Wasteland 2 but i think i'll wait for some patches. I'm not exactly in a hurry anyway thanks to my massive backlog.
Emob78: I've had a couple. Screen tear on the first run but it hasn't happened since. Also, several dialogues have missing audio. Lots of text has audio, then some lines from characters will just scroll the text, no audio. I don't know, it's weird. And there's also some random text bugs like some character effects over your avatar, ones that seem to have place holder text like 'effect damage goes here, effect duration goes here'... not game breaking bad, just annoying.
markx182: Ah I see. The kinds of things that don't get in the way, but break your immersion. Understandable in a game of this scope, but hopefully they'll get it cleaned up quickly.
Yeah, they're not a big deal. Fixable.

The thing about W2 that's really punching my penis is the linearity. Yeah, it's an open world, but the game is very mission oriented. You get to make a different squad on a new game, but you always get the same radio tower first mission and the same followup sub-missions. Maybe the game branches out more, but so far the game has been very linear and path driven... almost too much so. Recent open world RPGs have spoiled us all a bit. W2 doesn't attempt to copy that much from modern RPGs. It is definitely in the vein of older games like Fallout 1-2 or Diablo. Build a character, fight battles, level up, grind and tank towards big story ending.

One of the big complaints so far is the difficulty. It's HARD. Even on rookie, there's hardly any ammo available and you end up a few missions in with a beat up squad fighting with knives and fists against a horde of mutants and raiders. I can't imagine playing it on the harder difficulties. But that's not a complaint for me. I enjoy the challenge. People have gotten too used to getting a character to level 60 in 2 hours. Wasteland 2 takes that premise and spits in your face and then calls you a dirty name.