It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: Just tested a few things in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, from a store whose name, if we ignore the ".com" at the end, is a palindrome. (Anyone know what store this might be?)
GoG ?...
CarChris: I have finished The Bard's Tale (2004). Around 30 hours for me.
Have you played any of the other Bard's Tale games? I haven't played 4, but I have played the earlier ones. (I still haven't beaten 3, though I've reached the final dungeon on multiple occasions, in multiple versions.)

dtgreene: Just tested a few things in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, from a store whose name, if we ignore the ".com" at the end, is a palindrome. (Anyone know what store this might be?)
Trooper1270: GoG ?...
Will, that name *is* a palindrome, and it does offer the game in question.

(I just didn't want to be accused of advertising that site and directing people to go there instead of here. Except, wait a minute?)
Post edited December 18, 2022 by dtgreene
dtgreene: (I just didn't want to be accused of advertising that site and directing people to go there instead of here.)
Now!, that definitely would not be acceptable... :P
CarChris: I have finished The Bard's Tale (2004). Around 30 hours for me.
dtgreene: Have you played any of the other Bard's Tale games? I haven't played 4, but I have played the earlier ones. (I still haven't beaten 3, though I've reached the final dungeon on multiple occasions, in multiple versions.)
No No, I didn't mean Bard's Tale 4! I meant The Bard's Tale, the 2004 game. This one:

https://www.gog.com/en/game/the_bards_tale

I haven't played (nor I plan to) any of the others. They aren't the same style as the one I played.
Phantasy Star II on Mega Drive Mini 2 and New Super Lucky's Tale on PC.
dtgreene: Have you played any of the other Bard's Tale games? I haven't played 4, but I have played the earlier ones. (I still haven't beaten 3, though I've reached the final dungeon on multiple occasions, in multiple versions.)
CarChris: No No, I didn't mean Bard's Tale 4! I meant The Bard's Tale, the 2004 game. This one:

https://www.gog.com/en/game/the_bards_tale

I haven't played (nor I plan to) any of the others. They aren't the same style as the one I played.
I know, and I haven't played the 2004 game either, except for starting it to make the disk images for the classic trilogy to appear. I happen to like the style of the classic trilogy, and it's more appealing to me than the 2004 game.

M3troid: Phantasy Star II on Mega Drive Mini 2 and New Super Lucky's Tale on PC.
Phantasy Star 2 is actually the only game in the classic series (pre-Online, and not counting spin-offs like Adventure/Gaiden) that I haven't finished.

Maybe I should give Phantasy Star Gaiden a try, even though I've heard the encounter rate is nightmarishly high. Then again, I have completed the SaGa 3 remake, where the encounter rate gets ridiculous near the end of the game (and is also a good example of why visible encounters aren't necessarily a good thing).
Post edited December 18, 2022 by dtgreene
dtgreene: (I just didn't want to be accused of advertising that site and directing people to go there instead of here.
Oops. You can buy Postal Redux and Hatred here? Search didn't show them. Please share the links.
Currently playing Tex Murphy Mean Streets. I started Tesla Effect - a Tex Murphy adventure and thought it was better to start by the beginning. At the moment the game is very enjoyable and the fly phases with automatic pilot.
teceem: Quantum Break
One of the rare games that I've bought on Steam... (stupid Microsoft!)
We desperately need the option to have all the episodes downloadedable and then have the game released on GOG!
Undying, but this time with a proton pack. It's called Ghostbusters (Remastered) and it's way more fun than I expected. It's quite helped by the original Elmer Bernstein soundtrack. But the gameplay itself, with the different proton pack modes and the PKE meter usage, is way more rich and amusing than it needed to be. And the teamwork with the AIs (which lines lines written and voiced by the originals) offer the kind of "single-player coop" that always delight me in videogames.

Plus, fun easter eggs. Obviously.
Recently I've revisited good old JRPGs and been playing Estpolis Denki (biography) 1 on SNES.
In the west, the game is called Lufia (the heroine's name) but I prefer the original Japanese title.
The game has a lot of typical JRPG things, a high encounter rate, and a lot of grinding (typical in the era), and my score is 2/5, not a bad game, but at best it's a mediocre game even from JRPG standard.
But the sequel has excellent puzzle dungeons, and all in all, be improved a lot.
Post edited December 19, 2022 by HIRO kun
HIRO kun: Recently I've revisited good old JRPGs and been playing Estpolis Denki (biography) 1 on SNES.
In the west, the game is called Lufia (the heroine's name) but I prefer the original Japanese title.
The game has a lot of typical JRPG things, a high encounter rate, and a lot of grinding (typical in the era), and my score is 2/5, not a bad game, but at best it's a mediocre game even from JRPG standard.
But the sequel has excellent puzzle dungeons, and all in all, be improved a lot.
It's also rather interesting that the intro of the first game actually spoils the end of the second.

Also, worth noting that the second game is really a puzzle/RPG hybrid. There is a *heavy* focus on puzzles in the dungeons, to the point where you get items, used out of battles, that are solely for the puzzle aspect of the game. Also, early on, you get a spell, used outside of combat, that will reset the current room.

Also worth noting that Lufia 2 takes place before Lufia 1, so Lufia 2 is really a prequel, not a sequel.

Lufia 2 also has a rather interesting minigame known as the Ancient Cave. It's a 99 floor dungeon where the puzzle aspects are removed, and instead the game becomes more like a roguelike, with randomly generated floors and random treasures. The treasure distribution is rather chaotic, to the point where it's possible that, for example, the only healing spell you get is the most powerful one that restores a total of 2,000 HP while reviving dead characters. (Or, you could get every healing spell *except* that one.) Unfortunately, the minigame also suffers from the lack of any save feature, and the dungeon is too long to be finished in a single session, which is a fatal flaw on an otherwise rather fun minigame.

(Also, can you lose the fight against the boss at the end of the Ancient Cave? By lose I, of course, mean that your entire party is killed, leading to a party wipe.)
Yeah, the 2nd game has strongly puzzle-oriented (and fun) dungeons.

dtgreene: (Also, can you lose the fight against the boss at the end of the Ancient Cave? By lose I, of course, mean that your entire party is killed, leading to a party wipe.)
I had not played that dungeon, Perhaps I'll try it again someday.
Outward and the original Shadow Warrior.
I have started Dungeon Lords: The Kingdom Cracked. This will take a while...! Version 1,4. Crude game, but very addictive!