It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I leave for a while the peaceful waters of Mêlee Island to cross the galaxy to the Cocytus planet of The Dig.

I played a lot of years ago and don´t remember most of the puzzles and story so it´s near a new game.

The intro is great, there is a fan remake that is awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHJlIhpNS2I. THis game deserve a full remake with the same quality of this video. Will we see it one day? Most probably not, anyway, it´s a great game. And the music, perfect.
argamasa: I leave for a while the peaceful waters of Mêlee Island to cross the galaxy to the Cocytus planet of The Dig.

I played a lot of years ago and don´t remember most of the puzzles and story so it´s near a new game.

The intro is great, there is a fan remake that is awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHJlIhpNS2I. THis game deserve a full remake with the same quality of this video. Will we see it one day? Most probably not, anyway, it´s a great game. And the music, perfect.
Ah, a classic. The spacey music alone gets me in the mood to play it again.
Playing PC-98's Magic Climent/マジクルメント.

It is a mix of bullet hell and the genre of the first NES Zelda, and it is pretty hard (but fun).

It's hard enough to put me at low health often, even though healing items are plentiful. In fact, at one point just now, right after entering the hole to the south of the first town, I got all the way down to 1 HP, and with how many projectiles enemies throw at you, 1 HP is to ask for a game over.
Luckily, I got through a room full of werewolves (none in the screenshot because I had just killed them), and they're the weakest enemies in the game, without even having a ranged attack. And even luckier, I noticed I could force them to keep respawning so that I could farm healing items very easily. (Also why I'm near full health in the second screenshot).
Post edited January 16, 2022 by _Auster_
Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knight

I've been really enjoying this game. It's a very solid metroidvania game with just a hint of Dark Souls-inspired art design/thematic storytelling. The combat is very good and there's a nice variety of enemies and bosses that provide a tough but fair challenge. And with a wide array of spirits, which each give their own unique attack ability, and relics which provide passive effects, there's a lot of different ways to combat enemies. Each area is neatly designed and fun to play through. Also, the music is PHENOMENAL. All in all, I am having a great time exploring this game and it's bleak yet beautifully crafted world.
Just starter playing the XIII-remake. So far it hasn't been TOO awful but it is shoddy alright...
Think I may play through Pathfinder: Kingmaker's random dungeon DLC on my small laptop as an experiment.

We have a strange combination of system requirements:
* Pathfinder: Kingmaker is one of those games with an outrageous file size (~30 GB). Fortunately, I have upgraded the storage (the only thing on this device that *can* be upgraded) with a 500 GB SSD. (The internal eMMC is only 64GB, which is probably not enough for the OS (Linux; don't even think about modern Windows + big game with only 64GB storage) + installer + installed game.)
* Aside from storage, the specs are rather weak; Celeron processor with integrated graphics, and only 4GB RAM. Yet, the game does appear to run (albeit with jerky scrolling and defaulting to low graphics settings).

Basically, it appears that this game, despite having a huge file size, will actually run on a computer that, spec wise, is basically a chromebook with significantly increased storage.

(At least I have the 4GB model; there's also a 2GB model of this computer.)

(Also, I'm not going to even attempt to run Wrath of the Righteous on this computer; on my big laptop, with 8GB RAM (2GB for the GPU), trying to run the game without adding extra swap causes the game to be OOM killed when it tries to load the first scene after character creation.)
I started playing "We Happy Few". Got it when it was on sale and so far the game would be pretty fun, if only I wouldn't get stuck constantly. To progress in the game you have to hide from enemies, but when crouching in flowers and behind rocks and debris, I keep getting stuck inside walls and decorations without being able to move. Reloading the last save teleports me back to some checkpoint lightyears away from where I had to end the game, taking me on involuntary hikes again and again.
Somewhere in the middle of La Mulana 2. The progress is grinding but every time I play I make it just a bit farther. It occurs to me that despite being platforming action games, they're also adventure games. Not puzzle platformers in the sense of everything being tied to a central mechanic, but it's just a huge world to explore and take notes on. You get these flashes of inspiration and go to try them before getting your hopes dashed, only to finally make a breakthrough somewhere else, the same process you go through while playing text or point-and-click adventures.
Jumped into CrossCode.
While i knew about the game as a tech demo back in 2013 i think i only now started playing it.
Since i have a laptop that can play this game and am playing it with a gamepad for now.
it's fun as expected but i also know that there will be puzzle sections that can be hard, which i kinda expected since the german rpg maker forum i visited was also with games that had puzzles and some were hard.
I am at bergham trail now and i need to visit the second dungeon.
Still i think the game action rpg with puzzles with it's mechanics is kinda innovative.
Also not really a fan of puzzles but this should be a great game.
Post edited February 14, 2022 by Fonzer
andysheets1975: Somewhere in the middle of La Mulana 2. The progress is grinding but every time I play I make it just a bit farther. It occurs to me that despite being platforming action games, they're also adventure games. Not puzzle platformers in the sense of everything being tied to a central mechanic, but it's just a huge world to explore and take notes on. You get these flashes of inspiration and go to try them before getting your hopes dashed, only to finally make a breakthrough somewhere else, the same process you go through while playing text or point-and-click adventures.
I agree about the games also being adventure games, as it really does feel like it.

In other news, I'm playing Beneath the Stolen Lands (Pathfinder: Kingmaker DLC) on my big laptop, and it runs really well. Waiting for Wrath of the Righteous's first DLC (Inevitable Excess) to drop, though it's apparently been delayed to March 3, so I'll have to wait a little while longer.

(Maybe I should try Varnhold's Lot, since it is a lot shorter than the main Kingmaker campaign?)

Fonzer: it's fun as expected but i also know that there will be puzzle sections that can be hard, which i kinda expected since the german rpg maker forum i visited was also with games that had puzzles and some were hard.
I'm pretty sure Fell Seal is from a German developer, and that game doesn't have any puzzles.
Post edited February 14, 2022 by dtgreene
Too much Stardew Valley, some STALKER Clear Sky occasionally, and I will start Penumbra soon.
Still playing(as always no spoilers please, for any of the following:):
1. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Final Cut
2. Asura's Wrath(PS3)
3. Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2)
4. Warcraft3 Reforged(Finally beat all the "main story" campaigns. Which means all I have left is the bonus campaign and then I'll likely uninstall it, if I don't try the single player scenarios/maps.)
Also playing:
1. The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky FC. It takes me a while to progress the story with this one because I try to do all the side quests and I go talk to almost all of the npcs when an event happens that likely means they have something new to contribute.
2.Doom(as part of the Doom 3 BFG Ed.)
Post edited February 17, 2022 by oldgamebuff42
Played some Fight'N Rage, really nice beat em up which i have yet to master and still need to play more.
But i certainly do enjoy the combos you can pull off and how the enemies explode to bones lol.
But yes it ain't easy while i beat the game on hard with cpu partner and i thought how am i supposed to do that without continues?
Guess i have to git gud.
Also lots of unlockables.
Anyway good beat em up but the score attack S rank is also really hard to do even though i am getting close.
dtgreene: I'm pretty sure Fell Seal is from a German developer, and that game doesn't have any puzzles.
The developers from Crosscode visited the same rpg maker forum as me and there were some games there with soul crushing puzzle hardness.
Well their concept is actually intuitive to use in such a way for puzzles in Crosscode but anyway Fell Seal doesn't have such a mechanic is just the way the developer intended to make such a game without puzzles.
It really doesn't matter if they are German it only matters that Crosscode developers used tthe same forum where such games were on it.
Finished the main campaign of Dying Light 2. Fun, a lot of interesting things in the game. For now, looking forward for more content. Can't help, but compare with Dying Light 1 and I have to say, I liked first game a little better. Looking at base games for now, story of DL1 touched me more, although all possible variations in DL2 makes it interesting to experiment with, adds more replay value. In DL2, I was making all the right choices towards a better ending and was amazed how a single choice at the end screwed it up. I think DL2 will get only better in time with more added content.

One major thing I am disappointed, is that Techland GG has no integration with GOG. There are some fun rewards there, that you get for just playing either game or watching Twitch videos, but unless you own a game on Steam, you are locked out. So, that's a bummer.