It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Still continuing my Stranger of Sword City Revisited playthrough, but I figured I'd see whether Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous would run on my desktop, despite not meeting the GPU requirement. Unfortunately, this is one of those absurdly huge games, so the download is taking literally hours. (Wondering how long the install will take.)

Edit: The Pathfinder game doesn't run on my desktop. It does run on my big laptop, but the game is heavily mouse dependent (it's constantly required at least in character creation), making it rather cumbersome to play on a laptop with a trackpad instead of a mouse. (Note that Stranger of Sword City Revisited runs better on the desktop than the laptop, while I'd rather have that game for the laptop since it doesn't need a mouse at all.)
Post edited November 28, 2021 by dtgreene
Currently playing through all of the Tomb Raider games that I abandoned in my youth.
Been replaying Pokemon: HeartGold. I thought I was done with Pokemon when the grind of it started to get too much. Oh, how wrong I was. I'm doing a challenge for myself where I can only use Pokemon that are given as gifts to the player. Turns out, there are codes you can use to get three Pokemon; Slugma, Whooper and Mareep, from a guy in the first gym city's Pokemon Center, along with Togepi and the Dratini you can get after beating the 8th gym, it makes for a more fair but still pretty fun challenge! I'm thinking of doing a Nuzlocke run for Leaf Green next.
at the moment I'm interested in quest games, and now I'm playing Syberia
JackWhite1328: at the moment I'm interested in quest games, and now I'm playing Syberia
I just played some Syberia last week. How do you like it(No spoilers please)?
JackWhite1328: at the moment I'm interested in quest games, and now I'm playing Syberia
oldgamebuff42: I just played some Syberia last week. How do you like it(No spoilers please)?
An amazingly atmospheric and psychological game. Interesting plot, non-trivial mysteries in the spirit of "Mista" and wonderful design. Winter, Russia, Siberia.This is one of the best quest games for me.
oldgamebuff42: I just played some Syberia last week. How do you like it(No spoilers please)?
JackWhite1328: An amazingly atmospheric and psychological game. Interesting plot, non-trivial mysteries in the spirit of "Mista" and wonderful design. Winter, Russia, Siberia.This is one of the best quest games for me.
I couldn't have put it better myself. I particularly like how the puzzles and clues actually match up in an intuitive way, because most of my experiences in Myst and Myst 2: RIven were "try to find clues and solve puzzles. Nearly rage quit and go find walkthrough, then solve puzzle." Granted, I still want to play through the rest of the Myst series, but I'm in no hurry because of the aforementioned issues.
JackWhite1328: An amazingly atmospheric and psychological game. Interesting plot, non-trivial mysteries in the spirit of "Mista" and wonderful design. Winter, Russia, Siberia.This is one of the best quest games for me.
oldgamebuff42: I couldn't have put it better myself. I particularly like how the puzzles and clues actually match up in an intuitive way, because most of my experiences in Myst and Myst 2: RIven were "try to find clues and solve puzzles. Nearly rage quit and go find walkthrough, then solve puzzle." Granted, I still want to play through the rest of the Myst series, but I'm in no hurry because of the aforementioned issues.
Maybe you just need a break.
Syberia, it seems to me, is great for this.
I'm sure you will succeed.
oldgamebuff42: most of my experiences in Myst and Myst 2: RIven were "try to find clues and solve puzzles. Nearly rage quit and go find walkthrough, then solve puzzle."
Reminds me of La-Mulana.

(From what I saw of the kickstarter demo, it looks like La-Mulana 2 might be better about this. There's still a lot of those puzzles, but it feels like one can at least solve them by following the in-game clues.)
Thinking of starting Duke soon. It has Christmas levels, right? Any suggestions for fun old Christmas mods/levels for other games?
Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition.
oldgamebuff42: I couldn't have put it better myself. I particularly like how the puzzles and clues actually match up in an intuitive way, because most of my experiences in Myst and Myst 2: RIven were "try to find clues and solve puzzles. Nearly rage quit and go find walkthrough, then solve puzzle." Granted, I still want to play through the rest of the Myst series, but I'm in no hurry because of the aforementioned issues.
JackWhite1328: Maybe you just need a break.
Syberia, it seems to me, is great for this.
I'm sure you will succeed.
Appreciate the sympathy, friend. I feel like Syberia has a more chill vibe so far compared to the Myst series because, even though the Myst series has no combat and no possibility of the character dying, there are still moments where you feel pressured to succeed or the fictional universe goes to s***.
A classic.
Post edited December 07, 2021 by _Auster_
Mindustry: really fun and addicting Tower Defense Sandbox Management game.

Rivals of Aether: Platform Fighting game, learning to mod the game, mostly stage, already made two inspiried in maps from Doom and Heretic.

Darksiders: left the game incomplete time ago and want to finish it.
Post edited December 07, 2021 by Lord_of_D:
_Auster_: A classic.
Have fun!

*casts Explodet, not realizing that there's no spell with that name in modern DQ translations, and no spell with that exact name in the original Japanese* (Some modern DQ translations actually do this sort of thing as a joke, where a confused character or one who's just goofing off will try to cast a made-up spell, and that spell name might be taken from back when the series was called Dragon Warrior in the west.)