It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don't know whats happened, but I used to love action RPG's. Nowadays, all I can think about when trying one is how far from Diablo 2 LoD they all are. Latest example is The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut. I really like the voice acting/setting/story and am considering to continue playing it just for the sake of that (uncommon for an action RPG imo).

The combat is too fast paced and frantic without feeling exciting. You get attacked by droves of enemies at every encounter and it's over before you can even read their names, because of a good crowd control spell (bounty hunter's spreadshot that arcs in a wide angle) and lowest difficulty. However, I suspect that playing on a higher difficulty would only make the flawed combat more annoying. It's usually the case with any game, new or modern, because devs can't make combat more challenging in a good way. The enemies all feel the same despite looking very different and just aren't fun to kill. That plus the uninteresting loot means it's lacking in the two most important aspects of an action RPG, but at least the skills are good.
Dredmor... because I can
And I just QUIT Crookz. :P Two days busting my ass off on one level only to find out at the very end I couldn't finish because I was missing a certain key.

I don't have it in me to start the level over.
Played the last days Post Mortem, Still Life 1 + 2. Bought Mafia 2 today and my PC crashed in chapter 3. This problem with my PC really pisses me off.
Divine Divinity, after 16 years waiting in my backlog...
Playing arx fatalis with libertatis mod 1.1.2 version, i had a bravo screenfun of arx fatalis laying around and since i am still on win xp i decided to try it out now. Never did play this game properly enough though since back in the day i didn't know how to play it.
Maybe i will actually beat the game this time.
Also played some moto racer 2, beaten all the championships so guess i am gonna play 3 now and i didn't buy the first one yet. But from 2 i had fun with it's arcade style racing
Post edited October 06, 2018 by Fonzer
teceem: Divine Divinity, after 16 years waiting in my backlog...
Huh, that gives me still 14 years left!
KILL OTHO'S PIG!

HE LIKES THAT! :D
Broken Sword: Director's Cut (GOG).

I like it a lot. The good thing is that I have the others (except the 4) to be able to play them when I finish it, thanks to Zeogold's giveaway :)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

I miss Roach so I can get faster to the places.
Just getting back into a BG2 SCS run (NE Sorcerer) which I'd put down for a while after getting really into Civ 5 - forgotten how much more painful a Lich can be with SCS.
tinyE: KILL OTHO'S PIG!

hmm I have a feeling that I'm getting some bad advice here...
teceem: hmm I have a feeling that I'm getting some bad advice here...
:-D

Remember to save often. You can die inside the starting town.
tinyE: KILL OTHO'S PIG!

teceem: hmm I have a feeling that I'm getting some bad advice here...
The game itself does tell you to try it, true.

Also, early on, you cause a fountainhead to go shooting into the sky.
Don't forget that.
tinyE: The game itself does tell you to try it, true.
Never noticed that. Don't Trust Belgians! :-P

I wonder how much the Original Sin games refer to the first Divinity games?