It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NoNewTaleToTell: The one thing I really didn't like in Arkham Asylum was Scarecrow's levels. To me they weren't scary, the one mess up and you lose and the sudden switch to the (in my opinion) terrible controls was not very welcome. I had to restart those levels quite a few times just due to the controls.
Enebias: I liked Scarecrow's levels, but I can't argue with your criticism about the controls.
You must admit this, though...

*****SPOILERS***** read at your own risk!!!!

...that the part were -after Batman inhales the gas- the game simulates the crash and restart of the system was pure genius! :)
At first I really thought a *big* error happened, and I was *very* worried that something had gone irreparably wrong! Those trolls at Rocksteady...
I definitely agree haha, to be fair I actually really did enjoy the art change in Scarecrow's levels, they looked really fantastic and they did have a great "nightmare" feeling to them. I also really enjoyed the part where Batman and Joker reenact the intro with some slight changes (brought on by Scarecrow of course). Actually...thinking about it...I guess I enjoyed the Scarecrow levels a lot more than I thought, besides the frustrating controls of course.
Assassin's Creed III at the moment and some Crimsonland as well
Playing some Just Cause 2 for the first time in quite a while, my ability to drive any type of vehicle that isn't a helicopter has completely nosedived...but who needs cars/motorcycles when you have a grappling hook and a parachute?
I'm currently playing Dishonored (it's open in another window as I type this) since Steam is letting you play it for free for two or three days. I've just made it out of the tutorial area and I'm really enjoying it so far, I wish I had bought it a day or two ago when the Game Of The Year edition was on sale for about $8 on GreenManGaming.
I'm currently playing
Star Wars TIE Fighter (Collector Series/Win 95 version)
NoNewTaleToTell: I'm currently playing Dishonored (it's open in another window as I type this) since Steam is letting you play it for free for two or three days. I've just made it out of the tutorial area and I'm really enjoying it so far, I wish I had bought it a day or two ago when the Game Of The Year edition was on sale for about $8 on GreenManGaming.
I really enjoyed this game. Found it to be much more fun playing at lowest chaos. at some point I hope to pick it back up and try for ghost.
SaraB123: Just bought Skyrim and enjoyed it until it started randomly crashing to desktop after I reached level 20 or so. Still, I restarted, trying with no auto or quick saves (a possible culprit, but I'm not sure). So, anyway, alternating between my new Skyrim character and playing the occasional game of Sid Meier's Pirates for comic relief.

Side note: I'm not sure why I keep buying the Elder Scrolls games. I've bought and played them all, but never finished any of them - I always lose interest at some point. And Skyrim, with its CTD problems, will probably also be off my hard drive soon enough.
Me too, on one hand the huge open worlds of Fallout and Scrolls appeal to me, on the other hand I feel that there's not enough interesting stuff there to keep me playing for very long.
Bitten by the Civilization 5 bug again. Just one more turn....... Mmmmmkay.
After seeing the co-op gameplay for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, I couldn't help but start playing The Binding of Isaac again.
Gameplay
Started up AI War last night, and I have a STALKER:SOC game underway. Unfinished games of The Swapper, Antichamber, and Lone Survivor still sit patiently on the desktop...
Fire Emblem on 3DS, Quest for Infamy and a little bit of Dragon's Crown in the past week or so. I especially enjoy the in person multiplayer on that last one.
SaraB123: Just bought Skyrim and enjoyed it until it started randomly crashing to desktop after I reached level 20 or so. Still, I restarted, trying with no auto or quick saves (a possible culprit, but I'm not sure). So, anyway, alternating between my new Skyrim character and playing the occasional game of Sid Meier's Pirates for comic relief.

Side note: I'm not sure why I keep buying the Elder Scrolls games. I've bought and played them all, but never finished any of them - I always lose interest at some point. And Skyrim, with its CTD problems, will probably also be off my hard drive soon enough.
R8V9F5A2: Me too, on one hand the huge open worlds of Fallout and Scrolls appeal to me, on the other hand I feel that there's not enough interesting stuff there to keep me playing for very long.
You know, I think it may be due to the lack of a real feeling of direction. I mean, you get so many quests accumulated you lose your direction and feeling of engagement. Maybe I'm just too goal-oriented for those types of games, although I have played Fallout 3 through to the end at least twice. Even Gothic 3 couldn't keep me to the end (whatever that is), and I'm a huge fan of the Pirhana Bytes games. Just a litte TOO open-ended for me apparently.
I'm currently stuck in Shadowgate (2014) D:
R8V9F5A2: Me too, on one hand the huge open worlds of Fallout and Scrolls appeal to me, on the other hand I feel that there's not enough interesting stuff there to keep me playing for very long.
SaraB123: You know, I think it may be due to the lack of a real feeling of direction. I mean, you get so many quests accumulated you lose your direction and feeling of engagement. Maybe I'm just too goal-oriented for those types of games, although I have played Fallout 3 through to the end at least twice. Even Gothic 3 couldn't keep me to the end (whatever that is), and I'm a huge fan of the Pirhana Bytes games. Just a litte TOO open-ended for me apparently.
Yes, having a degree of linearity can actually be good in an RPG, it gives you a direction like you say.
I also think that a strong narrative, present throughout the game, helps keep you engaged.
Which was another thing that bothered me about Skyrim, the narrative got lost on me quite easily.
Perhaps because you accumulate so many quests all over the place.
However I thought Fallout 3 had a good narrative, the premise was interesting.
I'm playing a bit more of Saints Row: The Third. 62 hours in on my main playthrough with 100% Completion and I'm still having fun with it.