It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 80% off The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, Darksiders, Impossible Creatures and more.

Gaming is more than a hobby, more than an awesome, creative, self-fulfilling, cathartic pastime. It is a state of mind. And to get into any kind of mindset, you need the appropriate stimulants. This Weekend Promo will get you acquainted with the Nordic State of Play, prompting your craving for diverse gaming experiences, which can both reinforce and alter your gaming habits. So let the Nordic winds of change roll in through your window(s) as you follow these 46 steps to fully understand the <span class="bold">Nordic State of Play</span>.

If you've never warmed up to point'n'click adventure games, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 is the perfect argument for a change of mind. The four playable characters and the fantasy-spoofing humor will never leave you cold, as you puzzle out how to save the lovely world of Aventásia from being irrevocably cute-fied. Yes, even further.

Each game here is a beautiful, unique snowflake. The same can be said for the Impossible Creatures spawned of excessive bio-tampering. Except you'd be hard-pressed to call a spotted rhinopterus beautiful. But you will be grateful to have it by your side when doing tactical battle against the armies of monstrosities unleashed upon the world.

War never changes, but he does get significantly geared-up throughout his epic confrontation with angels, demons, and all sorts of cool-looking Darksiders. After all, it's the only way for him to overcome the challenging fights and cunning puzzles standing in the way of his rightful vindication.

Get privy to <span class="bold">A Nordic State of Play</span>, one game at a time. Pick and choose from the delicious menu of 46 titles available in our Weekend Promo and get all the different gaming nutrients you need from games like Summoner, The Moment of Silence, Red Faction 1+2, Spellforce and more. The promo will last until February 02, 4:59 AM GMT.
budejovice: Where is this list? Because of all the moaning about games rejected, 90% of them seem like shit to me. Or at the VERY best, borderline with obvious reasons why they were rejected. There's the shmup that may be an exception, but I wouldn't buy it because japanese shmups are, yes, too niche.
Grargar: The 5 rejected Nordic games are:

15 Days
Arcania
Dungeon Lords
Mystery of the Druids
SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny
I was mostly wondering about the non-Nordic on Reynard's list, which is what most of the constant comments and devoted threads have been about, but thank you for the full list.
I don't want to sound petty, but please, give Darksiders a try if you have never played either of the two games. I think if you have enjoyed any sort of third-person action game in the past, you'll like these games too.

I just feel that it is a series that many players would enjoy. Darksiders is an amazing Action-Adventure game in the vein of The Legend of Zelda, and Darksiders 2 will probably be among your favorites if you loved the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy as much as I did.

I hope I am not the only one that loves this series so dearly :)
This series is one of my favorites even though it only spawned one sequel so far, and I am going to be the first one in line when a third one drops.
Post edited January 29, 2016 by WCardskeeper
omega64: I didn't even know IC was here, does it have the same enhancements as the Steam version?
Grargar: Yup.
budejovice: Where is this list? Because of all the moaning about games rejected, 90% of them seem like shit to me. Or at the VERY best, borderline with obvious reasons why they were rejected. There's the shmup that may be an exception, but I wouldn't buy it because japanese shmups are, yes, too niche.
Grargar: The 5 rejected Nordic games are:

15 Days
Arcania
Dungeon Lords
Mystery of the Druids
SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny
You've forgot Painkiller Overdose.

I would buy at least three of the listed games immediately, but I'm rather sure I will never buy one of the in-dev games offered currently on the main site.

Btw. Is Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition still missing its newest patch for fixing the button prompts?
MBiL_248: You've forgot Painkiller Overdose.
Indeed. Thanks for the reminder.
MBiL_248: Btw. Is Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition still missing its newest patch for fixing the button prompts?
Latest patch here is from 26 November, so no idea.
Nice sale! I'm grabbing three games: Impossible Creatures, Superpower 2 and Nexus. Thanks gog!
While I'm interested in Legend of Kay and Book of Unwritten Tales 2, my backlog is a bit too large for a couple of games I won't get around to playing for a while.

I'd like GOG to release the rejected Nordic games though. It would satisfy the completionist in me. Is there an effective way to get them to change their minds?
Alright GOG, you finally made me do it! At this price I just *had to* buy The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, and so I was left with no other option than to buy TBOUT and TBOUT:TCC as well, even though they aren't available DRM-free for Linux.

I feel dirty... but I hope after some Wine® I won't care anymore. :P
Oh there's definitely plenty of shite that GOG has rejected, but off the top of my head the games that are good (or in one case, historically important) that I am offended by the rejection of are:

Dragon's Lair 1, 2 & Space Ace
Braid
Mushihimesama (No evidence but also likely: Deathsmiles and Dariusburst)
Vanguard Princess
Mercenary Kings
Dex

Also starting to really wonder why Undertale isn't here too, Tobyfox refuses to answer questions related to GOG.
ReynardFox: Oh there's definitely plenty of shite that GOG has rejected, but off the top of my head the games that are good (or in one case, historically important) that I am offended by the rejection of are:

Braid
Vanguard Princess
Mercenary Kings
Dex

Also starting to really wonder why Undertale isn't here too, Tobyfox refuses to answer questions related to GOG.
OK, thank you for the list. I think Braid may be explainable by the developer's attitude towards gog. I do think that japanese shmups may be logically viewed as too niche by gog, whether you or I agree or not. I wish Dragon's Lair had shown up as well, but I kinda see their view maybe? I was just happy to see that your list didn't include, say, Hatred. Thanks.

I'm giving Undertale until 50% off at Humble to show up here.
Post edited January 29, 2016 by budejovice
ReynardFox: Oh there's definitely plenty of shite that GOG has rejected, but off the top of my head the games that are good (or in one case, historically important) that I am offended by the rejection of are:

Braid
Vanguard Princess
Mercenary Kings
Dex

Don't forget the re-released MacVenture series (Emulated Apple versions of Shadowgate, Uninvited and Deja Vu 1 & 2). According to Zojoi, gog rejected those.
Interesting week; it was neat to see the highly-requested Starbound and Zomboid show up.

Hopefully we'll see a batch of *finished* games, like from Squeenix, EA, Activision, etc., show up sooner than later.

EDIT: Here's the Harbinger wishlist entry for the game Licurg wants to see here: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/harbinger
Post edited January 29, 2016 by tfishell
Epitaph666: What are the 10 games that CAN'T be missed from this promo in your opinion?
If you're a FPS gamer, don't miss Painkiller and Red Faction.
While we're on the subject of Nordic games - GOG, can you fucking release Harbinger already ? Seriously, you should've done it by now... I've been disappointed with you guys for a long time, and I don't buy here as much as I used to, but putting Harbinger here would certainly make me trust you guys again.
Licurg: While we're on the subject of Nordic games - GOG, can you fucking release Harbinger already ? Seriously, you should've done it by now... I've been disappointed with you guys for a long time, and I don't buy here as much as I used to, but putting Harbinger here would certainly make me trust you guys again.
Red Faction Guerrilla and Titan Quest would be nice too.
Licurg: While we're on the subject of Nordic games - GOG, can you fucking release Harbinger already ? Seriously, you should've done it by now... I've been disappointed with you guys for a long time, and I don't buy here as much as I used to, but putting Harbinger here would certainly make me trust you guys again.
haydenaurion: Red Faction Guerrilla and Titan Quest would be nice too.
Yes, they would. But I have what you Americans would call a "soft spot" for Harbinger. I want it here.