It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 80% off The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, Darksiders, Impossible Creatures and more.

Gaming is more than a hobby, more than an awesome, creative, self-fulfilling, cathartic pastime. It is a state of mind. And to get into any kind of mindset, you need the appropriate stimulants. This Weekend Promo will get you acquainted with the Nordic State of Play, prompting your craving for diverse gaming experiences, which can both reinforce and alter your gaming habits. So let the Nordic winds of change roll in through your window(s) as you follow these 46 steps to fully understand the <span class="bold">Nordic State of Play</span>.

If you've never warmed up to point'n'click adventure games, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 is the perfect argument for a change of mind. The four playable characters and the fantasy-spoofing humor will never leave you cold, as you puzzle out how to save the lovely world of Aventásia from being irrevocably cute-fied. Yes, even further.

Each game here is a beautiful, unique snowflake. The same can be said for the Impossible Creatures spawned of excessive bio-tampering. Except you'd be hard-pressed to call a spotted rhinopterus beautiful. But you will be grateful to have it by your side when doing tactical battle against the armies of monstrosities unleashed upon the world.

War never changes, but he does get significantly geared-up throughout his epic confrontation with angels, demons, and all sorts of cool-looking Darksiders. After all, it's the only way for him to overcome the challenging fights and cunning puzzles standing in the way of his rightful vindication.

Get privy to <span class="bold">A Nordic State of Play</span>, one game at a time. Pick and choose from the delicious menu of 46 titles available in our Weekend Promo and get all the different gaming nutrients you need from games like Summoner, The Moment of Silence, Red Faction 1+2, Spellforce and more. The promo will last until February 02, 4:59 AM GMT.
haydenaurion: Would anyone recommend Legend of Kay?
The ps2 one is fun from top to bottom.
The revamped version, people have said, gave this amazing title a new life.
A no brainer: just buy iy, I'll say! :)
Post edited January 29, 2016 by vicklemos
Instead of a promo of stuff I already have adding stuff GOG rejected from Nordic would be nice. Or I could just play them on Steam.
Hmm, Unwritten Tales 2 is tempting, but I haven't even had the chance to play the first one...
ShadowWulfe: Instead of a promo of stuff I already have adding stuff GOG rejected from Nordic would be nice.
Seriously.

GOG can you stop being elitist asshats and bring the damn games? Please? While I still care?

I used to be such a devoted, loving loyalist here, but now it's starting to feel like an abusive relationship, with only a sliver of decency thrown in once every few months. It's starting to feel like i'm only sticking around here because I don't really have any viable alternative.
ReynardFox:
I think there are only a handful of games like that. Arcania is probably the biggest.
Redfoxe: Still hoping for a good sale on the GOld box D&D games. Want to play Eye of the beholder!
eotb? eotb is always a instabuy, i got it at its release

Nordic promo is a very good one, i already have the games i can play
i am currently playing the titles in bold

Book of Unwritten Tales, The
Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles, The
Black Mirror, The
Black Mirror 2
Black Mirror 3
Overclocked: A History of Violence
Pax Imperia - Eminent Domain
The Moment of Silence
Battle Worlds: Kronos
Nations Gold Edition, The
Alien Nations
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
Neighbours From Hell Compilation

other nordic games (drm free) i own elsewhere are some casualgames:

pusher
itch!
Post edited January 29, 2016 by gamesfreak64
ReynardFox: Instead of a promo of stuff I already have
It's difficult to feel the same enthusiasm these days.

They have Forsaken Gods or whatever that poorly translated Frankenstein trainwreck of a fanfic retcon expansion was, yet rejected Arcania, which isn't great, but is certainly not half as bad as that soul crushing expansion.

It was like someone took all my favorite characters and completely changed their motivations, philosophy, and mashed them together like a toddler's action figures to say "rawr rawr rawr".
ShadowWulfe: It's difficult to feel the same enthusiasm these days.

They have Forsaken Gods or whatever that poorly translated Frankenstein trainwreck of a fanfic retcon expansion was, yet rejected Arcania, which isn't great, but is certainly not half as bad as that soul crushing expansion.

It was like someone took all my favorite characters and completely changed their motivations, philosophy, and mashed them together like a toddler's action figures to say "rawr rawr rawr".
I get exactly the same feeling.

I almost brought up the same comparison too, GOG has quite the nerve selling the execrable Gothic 3: Forsaken Gameplay while telling us that Arcania is the one that's not good enough.

I think the worst part about the whole situation of late is how there is so much frustration being shown in this forum and it feels like we're all just shouting into the wind.

blotunga: I think there are only a handful of games like that. Arcania is probably the biggest.
Not even counting the rejected Nordic games I would have bought, i'm amassing quite a list of objectively good games GOG has rejected that I would have bought here in a heartbeat.
Post edited January 29, 2016 by ReynardFox
ReynardFox: Instead of a promo of stuff I already have
ShadowWulfe: It's difficult to feel the same enthusiasm these days.

I just finished Gothic 3 last week and while I didn't enjoy it as much as the first 2 games, I still thought it was a great game with a lot of charm, it was nowhere near as bad as a lot of people say it was (yes, I did finish the game with CP 1.75 installed).

I didn't pick up FG when I picked up Gothic 3 (fellow GOGer's dissuaded me from buying it). I'm not saying you're wrong, FG might very well be a train wreck of a game. Still, I can't stop wondering if FS suffered from the same unfair treatment Gothic 3 got.
IwubCheeze: I just finished Gothic 3 last week and while I didn't enjoy it as much as the first 2 games, I still thought it was a great game with a lot of charm, it was nowhere near as bad as a lot of people say it was (yes, I did finish the game with CP 1.75 installed).

I didn't pick up FG when I picked up Gothic 3 (fellow GOGer's dissuaded me from buying it). I'm not saying you're wrong, FG might very well be a train wreck of a game. Still, I can't stop wondering if FS suffered from the same unfair treatment Gothic 3 got.
Gothic 3 and Gothic 3: FG are complete and total polar opposites in terms of quality. It's definitely not the same scenario and the hate is most definitely warranted. It's an unfixable bastardization of Gothic 3 and the direct result of the game being farmed out to a talentless nobody of a developer.
Post edited January 29, 2016 by ReynardFox
IwubCheeze: I didn't pick up FG when I picked up Gothic 3 (fellow GOGer's dissuaded me from buying it). I'm not saying you're wrong, FG might very well be a train wreck of a game. Still, I can't stop wondering if FS suffered from the same unfair treatment Gothic 3 got.
Nope, it is not getting unfair treatmeant. I enjoyed Gothic 3. Sure it felt like coming out a bit early with lots of bugs, but I had fun. FG is comparison is just a waste of money and should not exist. At least in my opinion ;-)
I shouldn't have to wait for this weekend deal . Impossible Creatures is still expensive for me . Passing .
Post edited January 29, 2016 by Painted_Doll
Painted_Doll: I shouldn't have to wait for this weekend deal . Impossible Creatures is still expensive for me . Passing .
I didn't even know IC was here, does it have the same enhancements as the Steam version?
ReynardFox: i'm amassing quite a list of objectively good games GOG has rejected that I would have bought here in a heartbeat.
Where is this list? Because of all the moaning about games rejected, 90% of them seem like shit to me. Or at the VERY best, borderline with obvious reasons why they were rejected. There's the shmup that may be an exception, but I wouldn't buy it because japanese shmups are, yes, too niche.
omega64: I didn't even know IC was here, does it have the same enhancements as the Steam version?
Yup.
budejovice: Where is this list? Because of all the moaning about games rejected, 90% of them seem like shit to me. Or at the VERY best, borderline with obvious reasons why they were rejected. There's the shmup that may be an exception, but I wouldn't buy it because japanese shmups are, yes, too niche.
The 5 rejected Nordic games are:

15 Days
Arcania
Dungeon Lords
Mystery of the Druids
SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny
Post edited January 29, 2016 by Grargar