It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 80% off The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, Darksiders, Impossible Creatures and more.

Gaming is more than a hobby, more than an awesome, creative, self-fulfilling, cathartic pastime. It is a state of mind. And to get into any kind of mindset, you need the appropriate stimulants. This Weekend Promo will get you acquainted with the Nordic State of Play, prompting your craving for diverse gaming experiences, which can both reinforce and alter your gaming habits. So let the Nordic winds of change roll in through your window(s) as you follow these 46 steps to fully understand the <span class="bold">Nordic State of Play</span>.

If you've never warmed up to point'n'click adventure games, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 is the perfect argument for a change of mind. The four playable characters and the fantasy-spoofing humor will never leave you cold, as you puzzle out how to save the lovely world of Aventásia from being irrevocably cute-fied. Yes, even further.

Each game here is a beautiful, unique snowflake. The same can be said for the Impossible Creatures spawned of excessive bio-tampering. Except you'd be hard-pressed to call a spotted rhinopterus beautiful. But you will be grateful to have it by your side when doing tactical battle against the armies of monstrosities unleashed upon the world.

War never changes, but he does get significantly geared-up throughout his epic confrontation with angels, demons, and all sorts of cool-looking Darksiders. After all, it's the only way for him to overcome the challenging fights and cunning puzzles standing in the way of his rightful vindication.

Get privy to <span class="bold">A Nordic State of Play</span>, one game at a time. Pick and choose from the delicious menu of 46 titles available in our Weekend Promo and get all the different gaming nutrients you need from games like Summoner, The Moment of Silence, Red Faction 1+2, Spellforce and more. The promo will last until February 02, 4:59 AM GMT.
stg83: Dragon's Lair and Space Ace aren't good enough for GOG but this one is not too niche. ;)
ReynardFox: Oh wow, I didn't even know that was here... and it looks goddamn terrible, also it's selling for only one dollar less than Cinematronics wanted to sell Dragon's Lair here for.
Kingdom: The Far Reaches is probably the reason we haven't seen Space Ace or Dragon's Lair here.
Epitaph666: Bought some of the games (Book of Unwritten Tales 2 and some others) but i was wondering.

What are the 10 games that CAN'T be missed from this promo in your opinion?
All of the Spellforce games, Silver, Painkiller Black, Darksiders, Chaser, then Red Faction, Summoner
high rated
Hope you are enjoying our weekend sale :)

Greetings from the Nordic Games office (Monday, start of the week, *tired*) ;)
ThomNG: Hope you are enjoying our weekend sale :)

I already own all the games you've put out in genres I like, but it's good for others. Now, may I politely request Red Faction Guerilla & Armadeddon for here? *waves money*

Also, I would have bought Painkiller Overdose and Arcania, I'm sorry that GOG are being such snobs these days...

ReynardFox: I already own all the games you've put out in genres I like, but it's good for others. Now, may I politely request Red Faction Guerilla & Armadeddon for here? *waves money*

Also, I would have bought Painkiller Overdose and Arcania, I'm sorry that GOG are being such snobs these days...
Thanks for the response - as you may imagine, Red Faction Guerrilla and Armageddon are currently Steam only version and therefore not suitable for the GOG DRM free policy. However never say never what might be possible for the future.

As on the rejected titles: still fighting for those. I respect GOG's strategy for titles at a certain quality, however I disagree that Overdose and ArcaniA would not fit into that strategy :)
ReynardFox: *waves money*
Oh yes, we need to support game developers/publishers :)
In return we(I) want drm free games with soundtracks, wallpapers, other goodies. :)

I already have 23 games from this promo.
Need more.

*waves money*

:)
ReynardFox: *waves money*
yukiai01: Oh yes, we need to support game developers/publishers :)
In return we(I) want drm free games with soundtracks, wallpapers, other goodies. :)

I already have 23 games from this promo.
Need more.

*waves money*

:)
There are 46 titles discounted within that promotion ;)

Good morning. =) Hopefully you're not too tired. Keyboards make for painful napping pillows.
ReynardFox: I already own all the games you've put out in genres I like, but it's good for others. Now, may I politely request Red Faction Guerilla & Armadeddon for here? *waves money*

ThomNG: Thanks for the response - as you may imagine, Red Faction Guerrilla and Armageddon are currently Steam only version and therefore not suitable for the GOG DRM free policy. However never say never what might be possible for the future.
Is the DRM for those and Titan Quest difficult to remove or something?
I want to see more games from Nordic Games catalog on GOG, e.g. Titan Quest Gold Edition.
high rated
ThomNG: Thanks for the response - as you may imagine, Red Faction Guerrilla and Armageddon are currently Steam only version and therefore not suitable for the GOG DRM free policy. However never say never what might be possible for the future.
haydenaurion: Is the DRM for those and Titan Quest difficult to remove or something?
Mostly it is about DRM and multiplayer support - we do not want to release titles without Multiplayer on GOG, so a solution needs to be found first. While this is on the ToDo lists, it is not highest priority in comparison to new release etc. so this may take some time. Titan Quest is planned for 2016.
Post edited February 01, 2016 by ThomNG
Epitaph666: Bought some of the games (Book of Unwritten Tales 2 and some others) but i was wondering.

What are the 10 games that CAN'T be missed from this promo in your opinion?
drealmer7: All of the Spellforce games, Silver, Painkiller Black, Darksiders, Chaser, then Red Faction, Summoner
Bought all those games except from Spellforce 2 Demons of the Past, Summoner and Darksiders 2.

Thanks all for your lists.
JAMVA: GOG , Please release The Mystery of The Druids and 15 days , i cannot buy them if you do not release them :)

The Mystery of The Druids is in the top five of my favourite adventure games ever :( (and i've played a lot over the last 30 years!)

Please :)
Daniel_M: but: you do NOT want to play 15 Days unless you not only do not care about absence of puzzles but do not mind dreadful story, horrid writing and deplorable characters either.

Of course, you might say the latter things at least are subjective but I'll say this: if I were
really mean I would say I dare you to play the game and find you love it but I'd much rather you wouldn't, because I'm fairly certain you'd rage-quit it as I did. :)
Yes but releasing 15 days would mean we would have all of the House of Tales games here! :) And more Nordic Games! =)
Daniel_M: but: you do NOT want to play 15 Days unless you not only do not care about absence of puzzles but do not mind dreadful story, horrid writing and deplorable characters either.

Of course, you might say the latter things at least are subjective but I'll say this: if I were
really mean I would say I dare you to play the game and find you love it but I'd much rather you wouldn't, because I'm fairly certain you'd rage-quit it as I did. :)
JAMVA: Yes but releasing 15 days would mean we would have all of the House of Tales games here! :) And more Nordic Games! =)
I don't think more is necessarily better, and never will.

I know and accept there being so-called completionists, and to each their own, but in my eyes there is no reason (and apparently and understandably GOG see it the same way) why GOG with its limited resources should invest much money into publishing certain games (and consider that GOG fully supports their games which means they have to do considerable testing on many machines and over several OS's) regardless of whether or not those games will sell well just because some people want to be able to say: "aaaaaah nice, how pretty this magical completeness is the majestic symbol of which is my virtual shelf". :)
Post edited February 01, 2016 by Daniel_M
haydenaurion: Is the DRM for those and Titan Quest difficult to remove or something?
ThomNG: Mostly it is about DRM and multiplayer support - we do not want to release titles without Multiplayer on GOG, so a solution needs to be found first. While this is on the ToDo lists, it is not highest priority in comparison to new release etc. so this may take some time. Titan Quest is planned for 2016.
This is the first Nordic promo where I didn't purchase a single game... I mean, I'm outta cash (mmmkay) + I even made a personal -and therefore damn important- entry in my 2016 backlog: finish my Nordic games or, at least, play them all decently.
You guys keep releasing so many amazing games while I'm at work checking e-mails and browsing through your catalog endlessly ;(

"Thanks', Nordic games... ;p