It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 80% off The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, Darksiders, Impossible Creatures and more.

Gaming is more than a hobby, more than an awesome, creative, self-fulfilling, cathartic pastime. It is a state of mind. And to get into any kind of mindset, you need the appropriate stimulants. This Weekend Promo will get you acquainted with the Nordic State of Play, prompting your craving for diverse gaming experiences, which can both reinforce and alter your gaming habits. So let the Nordic winds of change roll in through your window(s) as you follow these 46 steps to fully understand the <span class="bold">Nordic State of Play</span>.

If you've never warmed up to point'n'click adventure games, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 is the perfect argument for a change of mind. The four playable characters and the fantasy-spoofing humor will never leave you cold, as you puzzle out how to save the lovely world of Aventásia from being irrevocably cute-fied. Yes, even further.

Each game here is a beautiful, unique snowflake. The same can be said for the Impossible Creatures spawned of excessive bio-tampering. Except you'd be hard-pressed to call a spotted rhinopterus beautiful. But you will be grateful to have it by your side when doing tactical battle against the armies of monstrosities unleashed upon the world.

War never changes, but he does get significantly geared-up throughout his epic confrontation with angels, demons, and all sorts of cool-looking Darksiders. After all, it's the only way for him to overcome the challenging fights and cunning puzzles standing in the way of his rightful vindication.

Get privy to <span class="bold">A Nordic State of Play</span>, one game at a time. Pick and choose from the delicious menu of 46 titles available in our Weekend Promo and get all the different gaming nutrients you need from games like Summoner, The Moment of Silence, Red Faction 1+2, Spellforce and more. The promo will last until February 02, 4:59 AM GMT.
GOG.com: The promo will last until February 02, 4:59 AM GMT.
The newsletter mail in German is ambiguous, it mentions "Gilt bis Montag, 02. Februar, 5:59 Uhr CET."
haydenaurion: Red Faction Guerrilla and Titan Quest would be nice too.
Licurg: Yes, they would. But I have what you Americans would call a "soft spot" for Harbinger. I want it here.
This game? It has rather low review scores, is it any good?
Licurg:
Harbinger was love. I tried playing it from CD about a month ago but I couldn't get it running. =/

And I'll reiterate my statement about Gothic 3's FG "expansion": it's really bad. Watching the story get run into the ground and squashed with a boot was genuinely soul crushing. Gothic 3 may not have been the most amazing game evar, but it was a great open world RPG when those kinds of games were few and far between, and had a cool faction system to boot.

@haydenaurion: Low review scores according to whom? If you consider Gamespot a reputable review source...
Post edited January 30, 2016 by ShadowWulfe
Licurg: Yes, they would. But I have what you Americans would call a "soft spot" for Harbinger. I want it here.
haydenaurion: This game? It has rather low review scores, is it any good?
People who don't like that game are just sub-human vermin who aren't fit to be soap. The only serious flaw that game has is the limited re-playability, but it is an otherwise excellent ARPG .
haydenaurion: This game? It has rather low review scores, is it any good?
Licurg: People who don't like that game are just sub-human vermin who aren't fit to be soap.
Kind of like people who don't like Sacrifice, right? :P
Licurg: People who don't like that game are just sub-human vermin who aren't fit to be soap.
haydenaurion: Kind of like people who don't like Sacrifice, right? :P
Not quite as bad, but near enough.
NuffCatnip: Ah, finally I get to buy Summoner. :D
Summoner 2 was awesome, I hope this one isnt bad either. :)
I enjoyed it, and I was surprised when I saw it. Having played the PS2 version of Summoner, the visual clarity of the pictures from the PC version surprised me; it looks like a completely different game. I might buy it and play it again. I am also curious to find out if the PC version of Summoner has content the PS2 version does not.
Post edited January 30, 2016 by LootSeeker
I would love to buy the unwritten tales 2 but until its prequels are available for Linux, it wouldn't make any sense.
When will we get the missing Nordic titles, what is holdup with releasing some of older stuff they have????

Nordic Games acquires many other IPs.

http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/

Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Red Faction Guerrilla
15 Days
Titan Quest
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne
Dungeon Lords
ArcaniA
ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif
Cold War - Developer: Mindware Studios 2005
Codename: Panzers Phase 1 & 2 - Nordic Games acquires “Codename: Panzers”
Codename: Panzers - Cold War
Jagged Alliance Flashback - Nordic Games acquires Jagged Alliance and other IPs from bitComposer
Juiced
Goran84: When will we get the missing Nordic titles, what is holdup with releasing some of older stuff they have????

Nordic Games acquires many other IPs.

http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/

Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Red Faction Guerrilla
15 Days
Titan Quest
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne
Dungeon Lords
ArcaniA
ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif
Cold War - Developer: Mindware Studios 2005
Codename: Panzers Phase 1 & 2 - Nordic Games acquires “Codename: Panzers”
Codename: Panzers - Cold War
Jagged Alliance Flashback - Nordic Games acquires Jagged Alliance and other IPs from bitComposer
Juiced
Red Faction: Guerilla was a great sandbox game! GOG really needs to get it!
A note to GOG staff:
Please release the Nordic games you've previously rejected(Arcania, Painkiller etc.)

A note to Nordic games:
Please convince GOG to accept those games. Feel free to use violence if needed. I recommend steel pipes, but baseball bats are a good alternative.
budejovice: I wish Dragon's Lair had shown up as well, but I kinda see their view maybe? I was just happy to see that your list didn't include, say, Hatred. Thanks.
Dragon's Lair and Space Ace aren't good enough for GOG but this one is not too niche. ;)
GOG , Please release The Mystery of The Druids and 15 days , i cannot buy them if you do not release them :)

The Mystery of The Druids is in the top five of my favourite adventure games ever :( (and i've played a lot over the last 30 years!)

Please :)
JAMVA: GOG , Please release The Mystery of The Druids and 15 days , i cannot buy them if you do not release them :)

The Mystery of The Druids is in the top five of my favourite adventure games ever :( (and i've played a lot over the last 30 years!)

Please :)
Now, I can't say anything about The Mystery of the Druids which to my shame as an avid adventure games fan I still haven't got to playing but: you do NOT want to play 15 Days unless you not only do not care about absence of puzzles but do not mind dreadful story, horrid writing and deplorable characters either.

Of course, you might say the latter things at least are subjective but I'll say this: if I were
really mean I would say I dare you to play the game and find you love it but I'd much rather you wouldn't, because I'm fairly certain you'd rage-quit it as I did. :)
stg83: Dragon's Lair and Space Ace aren't good enough for GOG but this one is not too niche. ;)
Oh wow, I didn't even know that was here... and it looks goddamn terrible, also it's selling for only one dollar less than Cinematronics wanted to sell Dragon's Lair here for.
budejovice: I was just happy to see that your list didn't include, say, Hatred. Thanks.
Well you did want a list of good rejected games. ;)
Post edited January 31, 2016 by ReynardFox