It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Help us break the GOG Galaxy servers!

Our venture into GOG Galaxy started not too long ago, so far our infrastructure supports online multiplayer for <span class="bold">Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000</span>, <span class="bold">Double Dragon Trilogy</span> and of course <span class="bold">The Witcher Adventure Game</span>. It's been pretty smooth sailing, but there is still so much ahead of us. We want to learn everything we can about our infrastructure under a lot of stress, how much we can handle before weird stuff starts to happen. That means plenty of people doing all kinds of things at once - rolling dice, beating up baddies, killing aliens.

We're going to be hanging out in-game, and we'd like you to join us in trying to break our servers.

-We want to throw everything we can at our infrastructure. We'd like you to help us break it on Thursday, February 12 starting at 4:00 PM GMT. No worries if you're late, we'll be at it for a while. You can check your local time right here!

-Simply launch your GOG.com copy of Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, Double Dragon Trilogy, The Witcher Adventure Game, join an existing multiplayer game or create your own, and have a good time! We'll be there too.

Once you've had a chance to play, let us know how your online experience went, and what we can do to improve it (keep in mind we're not testing the games themselves, but the online infrastructure). You can vent, praise, and anything in between, right here in this forum thread. We'll be watching!

Thank you!
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Konrad
HunchBluntley: It just bugs me how people are asking for "temporary keys" for DRM-free titles. As Grargar pointed out, one could back up such a game and keep it indefinitely;
Absolutely a fair point, although arguably this is probably the first time GOG would actually have the option of locking those people out of a part (the multiplayer) of those games if they wanted to. The single player would still be available them though, so not 100% effective, unless the game depends mostly or entirely on it's multiplayer.
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Pheace
Sadly I have no time for multiplayer. When the auto-update stress test runs, I'm in.
GOG.com: Help us break the GOG Galaxy servers!

Our venture into GOG Galaxy started not too long ago, so far our infrastructure supports online multiplayer for <span class="bold">Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000</span>, <span class="bold">Double Dragon Trilogy</span> and of course <span class="bold">The Witcher Adventure Game</span>. It's been pretty smooth sailing, but there is still so much ahead of us. We want to learn everything we can about our infrastructure under a lot of stress, how much we can handle before weird stuff starts to happen. That means plenty of people doing all kinds of things at once - rolling dice, beating up baddies, killing aliens.

We're going to be hanging out in-game, and we'd like you to join us in trying to break our servers.

-We want to throw everything we can at our infrastructure. We'd like you to help us break it on Thursday, February 12 starting at 4:00 PM GMT. No worries if you're late, we'll be at it for a while. You can check your local time right here!

-Simply launch your GOG.com copy of Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, Double Dragon Trilogy, The Witcher Adventure Game, join an existing multiplayer game or create your own, and have a good time! We'll be there too.

Once you've had a chance to play, let us know how your online experience went, and what we can do to improve it (keep in mind we're not testing the games themselves, but the online infrastructure). You can vent, praise, and anything in between, right here in this forum thread. We'll be watching!

Thank you!
I never received my copy of Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, even though I requested several months ago when it was given out for free!

What should I do?

Izalot
GOG asks for support. I think I can help. I will try to get the server down, but only 1-2 hours later. I wonder if I will still be needed by then.
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Trilarion
izalot: I never received my copy of Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, even though I requested several months ago when it was given out for free!

What should I do?

Izalot
Try filing a support ticket (even if you filed one back then): http://www.gog.com/support/contact. This long after the fact, though, you probably shouldn't get your hopes too high of still getting a free copy. ;)
Post edited February 11, 2015 by HunchBluntley
It will be 3am in the morning for me during the test.. sadly i cannot make it ;).. gotta get my daughter to school.. by the time i can get on it would be 6+ hours after the start
Good to know.

I´ll try to be ready fro some AvP goodness :)
ljmjollnir: It will be 3am in the morning for me during the test.. sadly i cannot make it ;).. gotta get my daughter to school.. by the time i can get on it would be 6+ hours after the start
You take your daughter to school at 3 AM...in the morning?! =P
At the moment, I don't have a Windows (or Mac) operating system available. Will Galaxy be coming to a game on Linux soon?
I am shocked that this is not being run at the weekend. I am all for it, but I wont be on the computer before 7pm GMT, so all I can do is hope people are still kicking about.

Now which do I play, AvP or Witcher.............
Can you please integrate Battlefront II into it? I miss 64 player battles...
Kinghoza: Would make much more sense if you guys actually provided a temporary key for those games.
Actually they gave away AvP keys for free a while ago specifically stating that it is for stress testing servers.

Here
Post edited February 11, 2015 by huN73R
Sorry, I will be working =(
--
Converted Time
São Paulo, Brazil
14:00 BRST
Quinta-feira, 12 de Fevereiro de 2015
--
cptmold: Can you please integrate Battlefront II into it? I miss 64 player battles...
You'd have to ask the devs of that game I imagine.
GOG.com: Help us break the GOG Galaxy servers!
Breja: I would, but you're only going to fix them again.
+2