It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Help us break the GOG Galaxy servers!

Our venture into GOG Galaxy started not too long ago, so far our infrastructure supports online multiplayer for <span class="bold">Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000</span>, <span class="bold">Double Dragon Trilogy</span> and of course <span class="bold">The Witcher Adventure Game</span>. It's been pretty smooth sailing, but there is still so much ahead of us. We want to learn everything we can about our infrastructure under a lot of stress, how much we can handle before weird stuff starts to happen. That means plenty of people doing all kinds of things at once - rolling dice, beating up baddies, killing aliens.

We're going to be hanging out in-game, and we'd like you to join us in trying to break our servers.

-We want to throw everything we can at our infrastructure. We'd like you to help us break it on Thursday, February 12 starting at 4:00 PM GMT. No worries if you're late, we'll be at it for a while. You can check your local time right here!

-Simply launch your GOG.com copy of Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, Double Dragon Trilogy, The Witcher Adventure Game, join an existing multiplayer game or create your own, and have a good time! We'll be there too.

Once you've had a chance to play, let us know how your online experience went, and what we can do to improve it (keep in mind we're not testing the games themselves, but the online infrastructure). You can vent, praise, and anything in between, right here in this forum thread. We'll be watching!

Thank you!
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Konrad
Stress Test Time. Let's pop it in the forums as well.
Hmmm to play hooky or not. I guess we'll have to see how the day goes.
Sorry, gotta go to Rainbow square for a meeting. Maybe later.
Post edited February 11, 2015 by P1na
Sounds like as good excuse as any for an early lunch break.
Oh cool, I finish work at 16:30 :)
Home at ~16:45...
Uh, sure. Give me a linux client and I'll help. ;)
I'm in, should be fun, haven't done a ddos attack for a long time! :)
This does seem like a bad time to do it. Americans are at work, Europeans are at work or just getting back.

I'd love to help, but I'll be working.

Edit: Unless, of course, you're not aiming for the whole world to get on. Just a light stress.

Edit 2: And if you've watched Heroes Season 1, you'll know that "The Whole World" = "New York City."

Edit 3: Have fun everyone!
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Tallima
Question: Are these games still installing the client on the windows hard drive partition or can you choose now?
That's just when I get back home from work, I'm on. AvP is fun.
sunshinecorp: Uh, sure. Give me a linux client and I'll help. ;)
yup, same here!
Nice, I have a holiday tomorrow, so maybe I'll get my newb on with some AvP.
Similar to others before me, I would love to help run your infrastructure into the ground, but seeing how I'm running Linux, my OS isn't yet supported by the client.
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Maighstir
moonshineshadow: Question: Are these games still installing the client on the windows hard drive partition or can you choose now?
At least Aliens vs Predator still does, unfortunately.