It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Help us break the GOG Galaxy servers!

Our venture into GOG Galaxy started not too long ago, so far our infrastructure supports online multiplayer for <span class="bold">Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000</span>, <span class="bold">Double Dragon Trilogy</span> and of course <span class="bold">The Witcher Adventure Game</span>. It's been pretty smooth sailing, but there is still so much ahead of us. We want to learn everything we can about our infrastructure under a lot of stress, how much we can handle before weird stuff starts to happen. That means plenty of people doing all kinds of things at once - rolling dice, beating up baddies, killing aliens.

We're going to be hanging out in-game, and we'd like you to join us in trying to break our servers.

-We want to throw everything we can at our infrastructure. We'd like you to help us break it on Thursday, February 12 starting at 4:00 PM GMT. No worries if you're late, we'll be at it for a while. You can check your local time right here!

-Simply launch your GOG.com copy of Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, Double Dragon Trilogy, The Witcher Adventure Game, join an existing multiplayer game or create your own, and have a good time! We'll be there too.

Once you've had a chance to play, let us know how your online experience went, and what we can do to improve it (keep in mind we're not testing the games themselves, but the online infrastructure). You can vent, praise, and anything in between, right here in this forum thread. We'll be watching!

Thank you!
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Konrad
zeo: I have the GOG Galaxy client but don't have any of these games so.... yeah :)

Hope all goes well though! We need more multiplayer games.
Lappro: Aren't these games handed out for free so you can test?
I got the Witcher Adventure game (beta or something) and Aliens vs Predators classic 2000 for free like that.
I got the client after those promotions unfortunately.

Does anyone know how many people actually have these games? What would be the theoretical max amount of people online?
I feel this is a trick to repopulate GOG servers for their games.

I'm in for both goals :)
Would be great to gift us a copy of Double Dragon!

I think we all have AvP if we've been here long enough. Sure would like to try something other than just that..
I just bought AvP in order to test the Galaxy Client. To be honest it was just by reading this thread that I discovered that the client came with the games mentioned on the news.

I've just finished playing AvP online. Even though I'm not really a multiplayer guy, I have to say that the multiplayer client works like a charm.

If anyone here is into multiplayer gaming then you should try one of these games. The connection is stable and the game is fluid.
Never played AVP2000. Got the free copy though.

I imagine I'll suck at it, but I'm sure that doesn't matter for a stress test.

For thanks for the freebie, although I don't do MP anymore, I'll be there for the event.

(Nothing helps a stress test more than people who typically wouldn't even be there! :)

Thanks GOG!
Would love to join, but I will be werkin' at that time. Hopefully the test goes well and Galaxy can get that much closer to beta!
I'd like to participate, but I'm not buying any of these titles only because of your plea, GOG! Why not give temporary keys today and sent permanent coupons to anyone who actually does participate in that test tomorrow?
DProject: Probably a really stupid question but...how do I get the Galaxy client?
Matruchus: The multiplayer galaxy launcher is integrated in the games mentioned by gog. The client as such is not ready yet.
Thanks.
Tolyngee: Never played AVP2000. Got the free copy though.

I imagine I'll suck at it, but I'm sure that doesn't matter for a stress test.

For thanks for the freebie, although I don't do MP anymore, I'll be there for the event.

(Nothing helps a stress test more than people who typically wouldn't even be there! :)

Thanks GOG!
So like me. I download AvP and will try for the first time.

Nevertheless the stress test with non-typical gamers will tell us if a number of specific players can make a server sweat. When GoG Galaxy is released the number of users will grow anyway and it's better to know how potent the servers have to be to provide a stable service.
GOG.com: Help us break the GOG Galaxy servers!
I would, but you're only going to fix them again.
Would make much more sense if you guys actually provided a temporary key for those games.
I'll do my best to help. I like AVP and haven't tried DD Trilogy multiplayer before, should be fun.
So I don't have GOG Galaxy client. Do I have to get one of these games to get it or do I need some sort of key. I would love to help out if possible.
deshadow52: So I don't have GOG Galaxy client. Do I have to get one of these games to get it or do I need some sort of key. I would love to help out if possible.
you need to own one of the games mentioned
Tallima: This does seem like a bad time to do it. Americans are at work, Europeans are at work or just getting back.

I'd love to help, but I'll be working.

Edit: Unless, of course, you're not aiming for the whole world to get on. Just a light stress.

Edit 2: And if you've watched Heroes Season 1, you'll know that "The Whole World" = "New York City."

Edit 3: Have fun everyone!
It will be 5am Saturday here in New Zealand and I guess 1am or 3am in Australia!?