--------------------------- [Part 4 of 5]
--------------------------- Guild 3, The [In Dev]
has changed [CHANGELOG UPDATED] (Continued from the previous post)
Performance and stability
EA 0.7.0 was a very big update and unfortunately some new issues were introduced that decreased stability and performance. That’s why we focused a lot on those 2 aspects in the last sprint. Everything related to stability can be found in the bug fixes section. In order to improve performance we removed the diary, changed parts of the pathfinding and rendering reflections in the water. Bug fixes
- Implemented that a required .dll is always installed with the game in order to prevent the game from not starting up at all.
- Text files which were broken or even saved in the wrong format were leading to crashes. Therefore we implemented that if a text file is broken or in the wrong format, you will be informed with a message when the game starts.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when sending kids to school.
- Fixed a crash in the business AI.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when transferring items.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when declaring a feud via a building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when the player tried to equip too many items.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to receive money or influence when cancelling an action.
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI to produce items despite not having the blueprints/recipes unlocked yet.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the AI to use building actions which weren’t unlocked yet.
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI of a dynasty to not appoint a new heir after the leader died.
- Fixed a bug that caused the characters in the marriage scene to be wrongly arranged.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show the CTRL icon in the loading screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused liaisons to be lost after saving and loading a game.
- Fixed a bug that caused guards not to react when you stole from them.
- Fixed a bug that allowed children to use the compliment action.
- Fixed a bug that caused gathering employees to stop working after transporters have been automated.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to give wrong feedback when equipping items which were not valid on the selected character.
- Removed the not-working propose marriage button in the dynasty UI.
- Fixed a bug that caused the recipe for the guard dog to show up twice in the skill tree.
- Fixed that the “Serf” label was shown beneath every residence building in the building menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused transporters to buy resources for items that are not even unlocked yet.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to get stuck in the church scene when sending a character into the church but deselecting the character before entering. Known issues
- Buildings are decaying over time, so they should be repaired from time to time. But the npc dynasties are currently ignoring the decay of their buildings so that their buildings eventually collapse. Important information
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder “Games” in the installation directory of The Guild 3.
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following can help: right-click on "The Guild 3" in your library, then Properties - "More" - Manage Installation - VERIFY/REPAIR What we are planning for the next patch
The next patch will be the most brutal one so far: Combat. We will introduce a new combat system, with some new attributes, balancing and most importantly more than just 1 on 1 fights :) You will also see a slightly updated notification window, which will just be the start for a more useful notification system. Stay tuned. A short outlook…
We are fully working on the competitor AI, the politics system and finally also now on sounds. We are really looking forward to updating the audio experience for you all. We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.7.1: https://goo.gl/forms/HKhhizJJsiwEJbox1
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback - you will remain completely anonymous. This survey will end the day we release the patch EA 0.7.2.
--------------------------- King of Dragon Pass
has changed [CHANGELOG ADDED]
Update 1.0.6 (24 December 2018)
- Bugfix for the end of the game
--------------------------- Mark of the Ninja
has changed [CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Internal Update (14 January 2019)
- [OSX] updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files
Internal Update (30 March 2018)
- [WIN] updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files
has changed [FILE UPDATES]
* File changed
: Linux installer, English
has not changed (277.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.20a *TO* 1.22b
* File changed
: Mac OS X installer, English
has not changed (283.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.20a *TO* 1.22b
* File changed
: Windows installer, English
has not changed (271.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.20a *TO* 1.22b [CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Build 1.22a (18 January 2019) (To be continued in the next post)
- Resistance-piercing effects obtainable by the player now apply to elemental damage dealt with weapons as well as abilities
- Lower rank gear should now appear slightly less often if you are fighting harder monsters / exploring higher level areas
- Effects that involve stealing food items now steal a random item, rather than the latest item
- The Wandering Merchant dialog should no longer appear in boss areas, potentially interfering with cutscenes
- Fixed skybox bleeding through in ultrawide resolutions (which are technically still not supported but this still looks bad)
- Fixed missing job names from emblems
- Attempted fix at FPS uncapping sometimes after patch 1.21a
- Fixed buggy log messages if you have a charmed/pet Wraith
- Gambler’s “Flush” hand and higher should no longer affect friendly creatures
- Fixed deep engine bug that incorrectly evaluated status effects if your list of statuses changed while being evaluated. For example, if Sneak Attack triggered and was consumed, other on-hit effects were not triggering properly on that turn.
- Various attempted fixes at rare bug where the menu screen could be open, but your character info could disappear
- Fixed some bugs with the JP “!” indicator showing inconsistently
- Added extra error checking for stuck damage multiplier or mitigation effects (happened rarely on the hero)
- Fixed bug with Item Dream portals not appearing.
- Fixed erroneous rarity coloring for certain items with 1 magic mod or more (i.e. Spectacles with 1 mod showed up as Magical, when it should have been Uncommon)
- Fixed rare bug that could occur with effects that randomly summon more than one actor at a time
- You should no longer disable your own Bear Traps by stepping on them
- Certain rolls were not being subject to your World (random) Seed. Now they are!
- Bottles and Brews should now be excluded from combat rumors, which were causing problems there
- Fixed major bug where, if certain map object effects triggered simultaneously, all player status effects could tick multiple times (along with a bunch of other issues!!)
- Fixed bug where, in pet breeding, inaccurate parent health was sometimes used (e.g. if a parent leveled up after its original capture)
- Fixed bug with ability targeting that prevented you from using abilities like Hail of Arrows on tiles occupied by objects like ice blocks
- Fixed bug where, if you used an item with quantity of more than 1, the sprite would not pop up
- Attempted fix for bug with targeting lines emanating from monsters out of view
- Fixed bug that rendered the Sword Dancer tier 3 emblem power of parrying abilities 100% useless!