It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some games with latest updates have a changelog like this:

updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files
But, many recently updated games still have no changelog.
Some games even have no CHANGELOG section in its menu.

GOG's internal workflow is really really bad.
high rated
kbnrylaec: Some games with latest updates have a changelog like this:

updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files
kbnrylaec:
Here they are:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· BlazBlue Calamity Trigger
· Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
· Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The
· Wizardry 8

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Windows installer, English+Chinese+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Korean+Spanish (part 1 of 7)

* File removed: Windows installer, English+Chinese+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Korean+Spanish (part 2 of 7)

* File removed: Windows installer, English+Chinese+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Korean+Spanish (part 3 of 7)

* File removed: Windows installer, English+Chinese+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Korean+Spanish (part 4 of 7)

* File removed: Windows installer, English+Chinese+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Korean+Spanish (part 5 of 7)

* File removed: Windows installer, English+Chinese+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Korean+Spanish (part 6 of 7)

* File removed: Windows installer, English+Chinese+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Korean+Spanish (part 7 of 7)

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 4) --- Size: 1.0 MB --- Version: 1.0

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 4) --- Size: 4.0 GB --- Version: 1.0

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 4) --- Size: 4.0 GB --- Version: 1.0

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 4 of 4) --- Size: 219.0 MB --- Version: 1.0

[CHANGELOG ADDED]
Internal Update (12 February 2018)

- updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files
(Full changelog)

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Mac OS X installer, French+German+Italian+Spanish

* File removed: Windows installer, French+German+Italian+Spanish (part 1 of 5)

* File removed: Windows installer, French+German+Italian+Spanish (part 2 of 5)

* File removed: Windows installer, French+German+Italian+Spanish (part 3 of 5)

* File removed: Windows installer, French+German+Italian+Spanish (part 4 of 5)

* File removed: Windows installer, French+German+Italian+Spanish (part 5 of 5)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 5) --- Size *FROM* 30.0 MB *TO* 1.0 MB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 5) --- Size *FROM* 3.9 GB *TO* 4.0 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 5) --- Size *FROM* 3.9 GB *TO* 4.0 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 4 of 5) --- Size *FROM* 3.9 GB *TO* 4.0 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 5 of 5) --- Size *FROM* 2.8 GB *TO* 2.7 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

- updated internal installer structure (Windows), no changes to game files
(Full changelog)

Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Original Game: Patch 1.04 (gog-6)

* File removed: Original Game: Windows installer, Czech+French+German+Italian+Polish+Spanish (part 1 of 3)

* File removed: Original Game: Windows installer, Czech+French+German+Italian+Polish+Spanish (part 2 of 3)

* File removed: Original Game: Windows installer, Czech+French+German+Italian+Polish+Spanish (part 3 of 3)

* File removed: Patch 1.04 (gog-6)

* File changed: Original Game: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- Size *FROM* 33.0 MB *TO* 1.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.04 (gog-5) *TO* 1.04

* File changed: Original Game: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- Size *FROM* 3.9 GB *TO* 4.0 GB --- Version *FROM* 1.04 (gog-5) *TO* 1.04

* File changed: Original Game: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- Size *FROM* 1.4 GB *TO* 1.1 GB --- Version *FROM* 1.04 (gog-5) *TO* 1.04

[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER]

(Full changelog)

Wizardry 8 has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Name *FROM* wizardry_8_2.0.0.11.dmg *TO* wizardry_8_enUS_1_2_4_18497.pkg --- Size *FROM* 1.5 GB *TO* 2.7 GB --- Version *FROM* gog-11 *TO* 1.2.4

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Update (12 February 2018)

- We've updated the Mac version of Wizardry 8 to be compatible with Mac OS X 10.13.3 "High Sierra".
(Full changelog)
high rated
SpellForce 3

Marked as updated.

Modding update maybe ?

Patch 1.31 Modding update (09 February 2018)

Today we'd like to share with you the level editor and initial set of mod tools. These tools have been directly used to create the game so there is a lot to be achieved with those. It also comes with a documentation and example maps.

Please check the editor folder in the install folder for the documentation and samples.
In addition to that you can find the scripting wiki here: http://sf3scripting.spellforce.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
"- updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files "

And here I am hoping again that they will post such changelogs in future as well. Well done GOG now please keep it this way!
high rated
]Treasure Adventure World

Update 1..04 (12 February 2018)

*improves general stability
So this time the update for Titan Quest came fast - it was about time. It was the second time they skipped versions here. The first time they did it was when 1.50 came out. It was never updated here - next Gog version was 1.51 then. This time they skipped version 1.52 - what are they thinking? You cant just skip versions as you please while pretending to offer crossplay, unbelievable. Maybe the constant nagging on steam by others and myself reminded them of their duty. If you release games on diferent plattforms then all must be equaly updated.

Well, I am happy its equal again now. I will continue to keep an eye on it and I encourage other GOG users to do the same. The best place is always the actual update thread on steam since it is overseen by the devs.
high rated
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Hotfix 3.0.171.819 (12 February 2018)

Hi everyone,

We've just released a new hotfix to address some of the urgent issues affecting some playthroughs. Shriekers no longer wrongly hide, and for those who couldn't enter the - Braccus Rex vault, now you can!

Fixed being unable to enter the vault of Braccus Rex in Fort Joy
Fixed companion items disappearing on death if the companion was pickpocketed before recruitment
Fixed combat being stuck on enemy turn in certain conditions
Fixed invisible shriekers in certain locations
GM : Fixed trade inventory disappearing after GM kills a trader
Restored LB/RB functionality when using a controller
A couple more "updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files" flags popped up: Lichdom: Battlemage and Wings of Prey.
Post edited February 12, 2018 by Tannath
sigilork: So this time the update for Titan Quest came fast - it was about time. It was the second time they skipped versions here. The first time they did it was when 1.50 came out. It was never updated here - next Gog version was 1.51 then. This time they skipped version 1.52 - what are they thinking? You cant just skip versions as you please while pretending to offer crossplay, unbelievable. Maybe the constant nagging on steam by others and myself reminded them of their duty. If you release games on diferent plattforms then all must be equaly updated.

Well, I am happy its equal again now. I will continue to keep an eye on it and I encourage other GOG users to do the same. The best place is always the actual update thread on steam since it is overseen by the devs.
Sometimes devs release a bunch of patches on Steam for their games, then when it's stable enough or no other major bugs are reported, they send the latest one to GOG. The cases of this however are not many, one that comes to mind is klei entertainment of "Don't Starve", they release like 8 patches on Steam before publishing to GOG.
high rated
Tannath: A couple more "updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files" flags popped up: Lichdom: Battlemage and Wings of Prey.
And here they are, along the real update for Divinity: Original Sin 2 mentioned by Edward_Carnby:

Games included in this batch:

· Divinity: Original Sin 2
· Lichdom: Battlemage
· Wings of Prey: Special Edition

Divinity: Original Sin 2 has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Patch 3.0.169.700 [Windows]

* File added: Patch 3.0.171.819 [Windows] --- Size: 10.0 MB --- Version: 18330 -> 18470

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 8) --- Version *FROM* 3.0.169.700 *TO* 3.0.171.819

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 8) --- Version *FROM* 3.0.169.700 *TO* 3.0.171.819

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 8) --- Version *FROM* 3.0.169.700 *TO* 3.0.171.819

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 4 of 8) --- Version *FROM* 3.0.169.700 *TO* 3.0.171.819

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 5 of 8) --- Version *FROM* 3.0.169.700 *TO* 3.0.171.819

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 6 of 8) --- Version *FROM* 3.0.169.700 *TO* 3.0.171.819

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 7 of 8) --- Version *FROM* 3.0.169.700 *TO* 3.0.171.819

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 8 of 8) --- Size *FROM* 2.0 GB *TO* 2.0 GB (+4.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 3.0.169.700 *TO* 3.0.171.819

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Hotfix 3.0.171.819 (12 February 2018)

Hi everyone,
We've just released a new hotfix to address some of the urgent issues affecting some playthroughs. Shriekers no longer wrongly hide, and for those who couldn't enter the Braccus Rex vault, now you can!

- Fixed being unable to enter the vault of Braccus Rex in Fort Joy
- Fixed companion items disappearing on death if the companion was pickpocketed before recruitment
- Fixed combat being stuck on enemy turn in certain conditions
- Fixed invisible shriekers in certain locations
- GM : Fixed trade inventory disappearing after GM kills a trader
- Restored LB/RB functionality when using a controller
(Full changelog)

Lichdom: Battlemage has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: 1.2.3 (32-bit) part 1 --- Size: 1.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

* File added: 1.2.3 (32-bit) part 2 --- Size: 4.0 GB --- Version: [empty]

* File added: 1.2.3 (32-bit) part 3 --- Size: 4.0 GB --- Version: [empty]

* File added: 1.2.3 (32-bit) part 4 --- Size: 3.2 GB --- Version: [empty]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 4) --- Name *FROM* setup_lichdom_battlemage_2.0.0.1.exe *TO* setup_lichdom_-_battlemage_64_1.2.3_(18496).exe --- Size *FROM* 36.0 MB *TO* 1.0 MB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.2.3 (64-bit)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 4) --- Name *FROM* setup_lichdom_battlemage_2.0.0.1-1.bin *TO* setup_lichdom_-_battlemage_64_1.2.3_(18496)-1.bin --- Size *FROM* 3.9 GB *TO* 4.0 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.2.3 (64-bit)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 4) --- Name *FROM* setup_lichdom_battlemage_2.0.0.1-2.bin *TO* setup_lichdom_-_battlemage_64_1.2.3_(18496)-2.bin --- Size *FROM* 3.9 GB *TO* 4.0 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.2.3 (64-bit)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 4 of 4) --- Name *FROM* setup_lichdom_battlemage_2.0.0.1-3.bin *TO* setup_lichdom_-_battlemage_64_1.2.3_(18496)-3.bin --- Size *FROM* 3.0 GB *TO* 3.2 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.2.3 (64-bit)

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

(Full changelog)

Wings of Prey: Special Edition has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Windows installer, Czech+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Polish+Russian+Spanish (part 1 of 4)

* File removed: Windows installer, Czech+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Polish+Russian+Spanish (part 2 of 4)

* File removed: Windows installer, Czech+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Polish+Russian+Spanish (part 3 of 4)

* File removed: Windows installer, Czech+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Polish+Russian+Spanish (part 4 of 4)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 4) --- Size *FROM* 3.0 MB *TO* 1.0 MB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0.5.2

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 4) --- Size *FROM* 3.9 GB *TO* 4.0 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0.5.2

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 4) --- Size *FROM* 3.9 GB *TO* 4.0 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0.5.2

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 4 of 4) --- Size *FROM* 3.4 GB *TO* 3.6 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0.5.2

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

(Full changelog)
high rated
Rise of Industry

#### Patch 0.5.0.1002 (12 February 2018) Windows only

Some of you had issues with the tutorial, so we rewrote most points. Of
course, included some bugfixes, but this update is mostly about the tutorial.
Tower 57

#### Patch - 20.23 (12th February 2018)

* after the Canal level, we have now revamped Pristine Pools and the Workshop! The levels are much bigger, almost all enemy encounters have been revised or polished, the flow of the levels has been altered, and you can now explore and backtrack through the entire levels - which is a feature A LOT of you have requested!
* two new languages: Turkish and Korean!
* manual region selection for online multiplayer: if you were experiencing connectivity issues when trying to play with friends, please make sure you both select the same region (also if you are outside of Europe make sure to change the setting to your own region!)
* localized a lot of graphics to Chinese (shop signs, items, etc.)
* polished character upgrade stations: better UI, more useful information is conveyed on screen, overall it should make for a much better experience
* explosions from your own rocket launcher won't kill you anymore
* various additional gameplay and weapon balancing
* added new voice samples when picking up weapons for the first time
* some additional sound tweaks
* various additional bug fixes and crash fixes
Songbringer

#### Update 1.0.5 (12 February 2017)

* [NEW] New item: Jewelry (replaces the Jibstashe if you have Velle)
* [NEW] New special enemy mobs on the overworld if you have the first Demon's Tooth
* [NEW] Frozen water has more organically shaped edges
* [NEW] Added more Drobth to the initial cryo scene to give the sense of an army
* [NEW] The Jibstashe -- if acquired -- can be seen in both endings
* [NEW] Mechanics for changing floor patterns
* [NEW] Mechanics for enemy waves

* [+++] Jib's light upgrade item now applies to Velle too, though she starts without any light
* [+++] Jib's mustache skin is complete for all animations
* [+++] Refined boss music to have clearer sub frequencies and louder mid to high range
* [+++] Roq automatically unsheaths sword after drinking flask if sword was previously unsheathed
* [+++] After using Scanner Drones or Bio Detector, re-equip previous item
* [+++] Drobth2 is more distinct with green glowing eyes
* [+++] Secret sky blocks also respond to Velle
* [+++] Refined secret sky blocks so they don't accidentally reveal themselves
* [+++] SandFountain sinks into sky or water if it lands there
* [+++] Dispelling Metatron is more immediate
* [+++] Foes are not damaged very much by foe bombs

* [FIX] Fixed Xbox wireless controller not having rumble on Linux
* [FIX] Fixed menus not working after binding the enter key to a button
* [FIX] Fixed an issue where the map showed ':' even though the item was obtained
* [FIX] Fixed being able to bind a single button or key to actions for both players
* [FIX] Fix multiple simultaneous achievements overlapping
* [FIX] Fix Roq looking backwards if in motion when boss switch segue begins
* [FIX] Fix Roq always looking south when walking north into a portal
* [FIX] Fixed Puriel's fire spiders having green fire at the wrong visual height
* [FIX] Fixed Bath Kol not triggering Survivor achievement
* [FIX] Fixed player being knocked back on top of entities like water, sky or invincible tiles
* [FIX] Fixed the open path around courage refill pillars being blocked in some worlds
* [FIX] Fixed downstairs swordless mob from being overwritten by Shade mob
* [FIX] Falling bombs no longer land on sky
* [FIX] Fixed a rare case where Roq could walk backwards while picking up the Nanosword
* [FIX] Fixed Velle freaking out if Roq was too near and she couldn't back up any more
* [FIX] Fixed a few visual issues with Rubble entities
* [FIX] Possible fix for door light visual glitch in sword cave
* [FIX] Fixed leaderboard seeds overlapping names for Russian language
high rated
MIK0: And I agree, it would be good to have news about a massive updates. I disagree however about the notification, I would still want them even for a mere installer update. The issue for me is the lack of changelog, that in this case should include a description about the change in the installer. My wish is to have my backups up to date. [...]
I wouldn't mind the notifications if I were told what the updates are about, so I can decided if they're relevant to me or not. But getting a flood of flags on a Friday with no word what it's all about is not exactly helping me make said decision.

And while I want to keep my backups up to date, I don't personally consider some things, like the the change of slide show images or reallocating MB from the exe files to the bin ones, worth the redownload of tons of GB if there's no actual game update; I'll wait until an actual game update shows up.

From the current changes, based on ariaspi's post #18951, the only change I care about is the removal of the Foxit installer and GameUX, however I'm in no rush to download them all right now; I've saved the list of games, and will do so at some later point.

Anyway, the changelog added today to the second wave (are we done yet?) is appreciated.

MarkoH01: Done ... now we have to wait.

Edit: According to Judas it was a generic installer update. He will talk to the tech guys to get more detailed information next week.
Good to know, but how does this explain the huge size drop of D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - DLC: Deluxe Edition Upgrade? It lost almost 2/3 of its size...

Could a blue-text clarify what the deal's with this one?
Post edited February 13, 2018 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
MIK0: And I agree, it would be good to have news about a massive updates. I disagree however about the notification, I would still want them even for a mere installer update. The issue for me is the lack of changelog, that in this case should include a description about the change in the installer. My wish is to have my backups up to date. [...]
HypersomniacLive: I wouldn't mind the notifications if I were told what the updates are about, so I can decided if they're relevant to me or not. But getting a flood of flags on a Friday with no word what it's all about is not exactly helping me make said decision.

And while I want to keep my backups up to date, I don't personally consider some things, like the the change of slide show images or reallocating MB from the exe files to the bin ones, worth the redownload of tons of GB if there's no actual game update; I'll wait until an actual game update shows up.

From the current changes, based on ariaspi's post #18951, the only change I care about is the removal of the Foxit installer and GameUX, however I'm in no rush to download them all right now; I've saved the list of games, and will do so at some later point.

Anyway, the changelog added today to the second wave (are we done yet?) is appreciated.
I didn't mean to disagree with you. My point is that there should always be notification when something changes (really it should be automatic based on changes in files), I expect at least what is accomplished right now with the help of MaGog. We have and almost 950 page thread for something that should be provided by GOG and that's only since late 2012: that's the entity of GOG unprofessionalism. The issue here is the lack of communication and information (what has changed) that it's another pillar on what GOG is based on. If they can do something wrong, if they can neglect their customers, they'll sure do.

Even the fact that you have to save the list of updated games is ridiculous. You should be provided a way to always be able to check if your collection is up to date, be able to filter games based on update dates. At some point you cannot do that manually anymore.
Post edited February 13, 2018 by MIK0
Get a head-ache some nites, just checking through this thread every day - HUGE kudos to all the regulars here for the effort here <3

So, my apologies if it's already been mentioned & covered, but I'm logging into my collection and *defaulting* to my preferred 'Galaxy-free classic installers'

V. happy!
high rated
JudasIscariot: snip
Hey Judas, not really sure if you're the one to ping about this and it's nothing urgent but some of the game cards are missing some information:
Iconoclasts and Zwei: The Arges Adventure both have Galaxy achievements, but they're not tagged as such.
Lighthouse: The Dark Being uses ScummVM, but it's not mentioned on the game card like it is for the Kyrandia or Hugo games.
And Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut is missing it's trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mbpuO7YxwM