It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MIK0: Seems like a waste of time working on replacing installers when they clearly don't have the resources to deal with most of the needed fix and updates they have to do. [...]
HypersomniacLive: That's exactly why I want a blue-text to clarify what this flood's all about, and why these changes were important enough to each warrant a flag when actual game updates, more so those that come with changelogs, often don't.
And I agree, it would be good to have news about a massive updates. I disagree however about the notification, I would still want them even for a mere installer update. The issue for me is the lack of changelog, that in this case should include a description about the change in the installer. My wish is to have my backups up to date.
It's true though, that actual game updates are often lacking those notification, something that in my mind should be automatic: every change in the files about one games should trigger a flag notification.
MIK0: I believe they are updating mostly really old installer. As you can see the name convention changes to the new convention. The one I checked have not an optional check for integrity that was missing before. However keep in mind I'm not sure the one I had were up to date due to the infamouse lazyness of GOG in giving us a real way to be notified and check for updates for our backups. The spend money instead developing Galaxy, another waste of money.
kohlrak: Presumably this kind of update is indeed necessary for some things, including a potential galaxy feature. That said, not sure I agree with the priorities, given the issues we have. Either way, i'm glad to know galaxy and it's intrusions onto our systems is not what's being updated.
I will be more glad when it will be discontinued and replaced with something that is actually useful :)
Post edited February 11, 2018 by MIK0
HypersomniacLive: That's exactly why I want a blue-text to clarify what this flood's all about, and why these changes were important enough to each warrant a flag when actual game updates, more so those that come with changelogs, often don't.
MIK0: And I agree, it would be good to have news about a massive updates. I disagree however about the notification, I would still want them even for a mere installer update. The issue for me is the lack of changelog, that in this case should include a description about the change in the installer. My wish is to have my backups up to date.
It's true though, that actual game updates are often lacking those notification, something that in my mind should be automatic: every change in the files about one games should trigger a flag notification.
kohlrak: Presumably this kind of update is indeed necessary for some things, including a potential galaxy feature. That said, not sure I agree with the priorities, given the issues we have. Either way, i'm glad to know galaxy and it's intrusions onto our systems is not what's being updated.
MIK0: I will be more glad when it will be discontinued and replaced with something that is actually useful :)
Careful what you wish for.
MIK0: And I agree, it would be good to have news about a massive updates. I disagree however about the notification, I would still want them even for a mere installer update. The issue for me is the lack of changelog, that in this case should include a description about the change in the installer. My wish is to have my backups up to date.

I will be more glad when it will be discontinued and replaced with something that is actually useful :)
kohlrak: Careful what you wish for.
You are right, I may be challenging the universe in proving me that they could do even worse than that. Scary!
HypersomniacLive: I got 23 flags, and going through the posts here, not a single one is about an actual game update. Seriously, GOG? Would a blue-text clarify what all these changes are about, and if there's any point in downloading tons of GB?
Maybe you should try direct-messaging a blue?
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I got 23 flags, and going through the posts here, not a single one is about an actual game update. Seriously, GOG? Would a blue-text clarify what all these changes are about, and if there's any point in downloading tons of GB?
tfishell: Maybe you should try direct-messaging a blue?
Done ... now we have to wait.

Edit: According to Judas it was a generic installer update. He will talk to the tech guys to get more detailed information next week.
Post edited February 11, 2018 by MarkoH01
high rated
After last Friday's deluge of flags and updates, there were two minor details that were not detected by Legacy MaGog until yesterday (they were probably alaready in place by Friday, so I don't think there's any need to re-download these installers again):

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Ys Origin
· Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Ys Origin has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_ys_origin_2.0.0.1.exe *TO* setup_ys_origin_gog-1_(17632).exe

[NO CHANGELOG]

Ys: The Oath in Felghana has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_ys_oath_in_felghana_2.0.0.1.exe *TO* setup_ys_the_oath_in_felghana_gog-1_(17650).exe

[NO CHANGELOG]

Also, Legacy MaGog cannot detect Windows and macOS installers for World of Goo right now, only the Linux one. Can anyone owning the game here please check it? Thanks!
high rated
While we wait for confirmation about the World of Goo issue, here's the list of games that received and actual update this week:

· 2064: Read Only Memories (Windows and macOS only)
· Absolver *
· Batman - The Telltale Series
· Battle Chasers: Nightwar *
· Braveland
· Braveland Pirate
· Braveland Wizard
· Curious Expedition, The
· Divinity: Original Sin 2
· Dungeons 2 (goodies only)
· Dungeons 3 * (goodies only)
· Forgotten Realms - The Archives - Collection One (goodies for Eye of the Beholder II only)
· Galactic Civilizations III (+DLCs)
· Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
· Hand of Fate 2 *
· Kona (Windows only)
· LEGRAND LEGACY: Tale of the Fatebounds *
· Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
· Parkitect [In Dev]
· Production Line [In Dev]
· RIOT - Civil Unrest [In Dev] *
· SpellForce 3 (+Digital Extras) *
· System Shock: Enhanced Edition
· Tangledeep *
· The Guild 3 [In Dev] *
· Titan Quest Anniversary Edition (+DLC)
· Tooth and Tail *
· Transistor (Windows only)
· Undertale
· Unepic (Linux only)
· VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
· Zwei: The Arges Adventure *

* Games marked with an asterisk are out of Legacy MaGog's scope and thus you'll only find the changelogs (if any) in this post. You can get the rest of the information in Yepoleb's fantastic GOG Database website.

And then, here's the list of games that presumably only got their installers updated for some reason (only the Windows ones even in multi-OS games):

· Advent Rising
· Alien Shooter + Expansions
· Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded
· Assassin's Creed®: Director's Cut
· BloodRayne
· Botanicula
· Californium
· Convoy
· Costume Quest
· D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - Season One
· Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
· Dropsy
· Eschalon: Book I
· Eschalon: Book II
· Evolva
· FlatOut
· Gothic
· Hatoful Boyfriend
· Her Story
· Hitman: Codename 47
· HuniePop
· Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
· Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
· In Cold Blood
· Invictus: In the Shadow of Olympus
· Jagged Alliance 2
· Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
· Kyn
· Legend of Grimrock
· LEGO Batman: The Videogame
· LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
· LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
· Lovely Planet
· Majesty 2 Collection
· Majesty Gold HD
· MDK 2
· Massive Chalice
· Masterplan, The
· Pid
· Port Royale 2
· Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
· Punch Club
· Rayman 2: The Great Escape
· Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
· RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
· RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe
· STAR WARS™: Jedi Knight™ II - Jedi Outcast™
· Sacred Gold
· Spacechem
· SpellForce Platinum
· Titan Souls
· Toren
· World of Goo
· Ys Origin
· Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim
· Ys: The Oath in Felghana
muntdefems: Also, Legacy MaGog cannot detect Windows and macOS installers for World of Goo right now, only the Linux one. Can anyone owning the game here please check it? Thanks!
I just downloaded the windows and mac installers.
Post edited February 11, 2018 by seppelfred
muntdefems: Also, Legacy MaGog cannot detect Windows and macOS installers for World of Goo right now, only the Linux one. Can anyone owning the game here please check it? Thanks!
seppelfred: I just downloaded the windows and mac installers.
Thanks for the confirmation! It must be a glitch on MaGog's end, then.
muntdefems: While we wait for confirmation about the World of Goo issue, here's the list of games that received and actual update this week:
Could you perhaps be persuaded to create a separate thread with the sole purpose of posting these weekly lists?
does anyone know what changes are actually being made? even the developers on gog are baffled by gog's distribution system.

https://www.gog.com/forum/blackhole/whats_the_complete_edition_upgrade_binary_of_1mb_size/post3

i think we deserve an explanation on these changes.
tfishell: Real updates meaning patches for abandoned games?

Instead we just get more proof that devs don't care about GOG and thus GOG will lose sales and go out of business. right. this. second.
finkleroy: I seriously doubt that will happen. GOG seems to be doing well, and their parent company is really raking in the dough with the Witcher series.
Yeah I sometimes just ham it up "rending of garments" on the forums.
high rated
These new installers seem to be a mixed bag of ..., oh well. I've looked at Majesty Gold HD and BloodRayne and the game files are unchanged, but those goggame-... files and installer's temp files are. Some of the things I noticed are:
- they introduced EULA text files for basically everything (32 of them)

- removed Foxit installer and GameUX (that's Windows Games Explorer)

- converted the slide images from bigger png files to smaller jpeg files, which is a good thing, IMO, but seems to be nullified by the next point...

- they probably changed the compression algorithm/method to a lesser one, because, for example, the old Majesty Gold HD installer is 473 MB and unpacked is 670 MB; the new one is 487 MB and 664 MB unpacked. The same thing was for BloodRayne but I didn't note the numbers.

- and the last thing, that some might say it's nitpicking, but I don't like it at all, is the fact that they changed the game files timestamps from old ones (original vanilla timestamps in some cases) to the recent date, when the installer was remade. So basically, in the case of Majesty Gold, all game files are timestamped on 18 January 2018, instead of the old dates which were 2001 and 2009-2011. The timestamps are especially useful when dealing with mods, unofficial patches, etc. figuring out which file is more recent and things like that.

I'll personally keep the older installers, unless some real updates for the game files are made, like bug fixes.
muntdefems: While we wait for confirmation about the World of Goo issue, here's the list of games that received and actual update this week:
Lemon_Curry: Could you perhaps be persuaded to create a separate thread with the sole purpose of posting these weekly lists?
That's not a bad idea. I second it, if it's not too much of a bother for muntdefems, of course.
high rated
Lemon_Curry: Could you perhaps be persuaded to create a separate thread with the sole purpose of posting these weekly lists?
WinterSnowfall: That's not a bad idea. I second it, if it's not too much of a bother for muntdefems, of course.
Yeah, sure, why not? I guess many people would like to follow a 'digest thread' instead of this one.

I'll create a new thread and I'll start next Satruday or Sunday with this week's updates.