It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tremere110: Yeah, installers were updated. Imagine my surprise when I saw update flags on Nuclear Throne and Punch Club. That's just cruel GoG.
yeah, i thought that as well. fine games but scummy devs will continue to scum.
drealmer7: what are the advantages to getting the updated installers?

GOG must think it pretty important ?
They'll probably add some other unwanted files or some galaxy feature. It's unlikely it is something to improve user experience.

edit: for some of them I believe they added a checkable integrity check.
Post edited February 09, 2018 by MIK0
I've received 13 update flags this evening. They are as follows (some mentioned above, but others not):

Alien Shooter + Expansions
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded
Evolva
FlatOut
Hitman: Codename 47
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
MDK2
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe
Spacechem
Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Unepic
korell: I've received 13 update flags this evening. They are as follows (some mentioned above, but others not):

Alien Shooter + Expansions
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded
Evolva
FlatOut
Hitman: Codename 47
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
MDK2
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe
Spacechem
Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Unepic
Okay, so we evidently have the same taste. :P
I got 23. Ouch.

EDIT:
Make that 25. It's still going...
Post edited February 10, 2018 by Tannath
I think I win: I just got 46 update flags. WTF?
Tannath: I got 23. Ouch.
I only have 8. Guess I need to buy more games. :)
I don't know if it was me that didn't update them before, but these are all replacing old installer around year 2014.
Post edited February 09, 2018 by MIK0
I think that all these games have got the GoG Galaxy installer option
FulVal: I think that all these games have got the GoG Galaxy installer option
Nope.
50 and counting.

dafuq goin' on around here?
When Judas told me that they have a lot of updates coming meaning much work I really hoped for REAL updates and not just a mass updates of installers which probably nobody cares about but GOG.
Did Microsoft removed some runtimes in the last Windows updates that are important for backwards compatibility and is GOG maybe adding them automatically to the installers? Most of the installers are much bigger than the old installers, round about 200-300MB and I find it curious that we still get updates at 11pm, a time when likely no one is in the office and they must be done automatically.
Post edited February 10, 2018 by DukeNukemForever
I guess I'm lucky since I got only 7. Still, would it kill them to write the reason behind all these updates?
high rated
Lots of flags indeed. And among all the 'noise', Legacy MaGog could only find 2 'real' updates:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Dungeons 2
· VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action

Dungeons 2 has changed

>>> Bonuses changed *FROM* wallpaper, soundtrack *TO* manual, wallpaper, soundtrack

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: manual --- Size: 6.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

[NO CHANGELOG]

VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action has changed

>>> Supported languages changed *FROM* Text only: English, Japanese *TO* Text only: Chinese, English, Japanese

>>> Features changed *FROM* Single-player *TO* Single-player, Cloud saves, Overlay

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Size *FROM* 203.0 MB *TO* 207.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.2.2.0 *TO* 1.2.3.0

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Size *FROM* 205.0 MB *TO* 208.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.2.2.0 *TO* 1.2.3.0

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 226.0 MB *TO* 229.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.2.2.0 *TO* 1.2.3.0

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.2.3.0 (09 February 2018)

- Added cloud saves
- Added overlay support
- Added support for Simplified Chinese
(Full changelog)

The rest, are either removed installers, presumed installer-only updates, and a couple of gamecard adjustments:

Games included in this batch:

· Advent Rising
· Assassin's Creed®: Director's Cut
· BloodRayne
· Botanicula
· Californium
· Convoy
· Costume Quest
· D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - Season One
· Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
· Dropsy
· Eschalon: Book I
· Eschalon: Book II
· Evolva
· FlatOut
· Gothic
· Hatoful Boyfriend
· Her Story
· Hitman: Codename 47
· HuniePop
· Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
· Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
· In Cold Blood
· Invictus: In the Shadow of Olympus
· Kona
· Kyn
· LEGO Batman: The Videogame
· LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
· LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
· Legend of Grimrock
· Lovely Planet
· Majesty 2 Collection
· Majesty Gold HD
· Massive Chalice
· Pid
· STAR WARS™: Jedi Knight™ II - Jedi Outcast™
· Spacechem
· Toren
· World of Goo
· Ys Origin
· Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim
· Ys: The Oath in Felghana

[Part 1 of 4]

Advent Rising has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* Files removed: Windows installer, English (parts 1-4)

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- Size: 1.0 MB --- Version: gog-1

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- Size: 4.0 GB --- Version: gog-1

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- Size: 169.0 MB --- Version: gog-1

[NO CHANGELOG]

Assassin's Creed®: Director's Cut has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- Size *FROM* 33.0 MB *TO* 1.0 MB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.02

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- Size *FROM* 3.9 GB *TO* 4.0 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.02

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- Size *FROM* 1.9 GB *TO* 2.0 GB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.02

[NO CHANGELOG]

BloodRayne has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_bloodrayne_2.0.0.5.exe *TO* setup_bloodrayne_gog-1_(17893).exe --- Size *FROM* 810.0 MB *TO* 867.0 MB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* gog-1

[NO CHANGELOG]

Botanicula has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Mac OS X installer, Chinese+Czech+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Polish+Russian+Slovak+Spanish

* File removed: Windows installer, Chinese+Czech+French+German+Italian+Japanese+Polish+Russian+Slovak+Spanish

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 709.0 MB *TO* 708.0 MB --- Version *FROM* gog-10 *TO* gog-1

[NO CHANGELOG]

Californium has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 418.0 MB *TO* 430.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.04 (gog-5) *TO* 1.04

[NO CHANGELOG]

Convoy has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 137.0 MB *TO* 154.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.1.51 (gog-5) *TO* 1.1.51

[NO CHANGELOG]

Costume Quest has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_costume_quest_2.0.0.20.exe *TO* setup_costume_quest_gog-1_(18301).exe --- Size *FROM* 634.0 MB *TO* 642.0 MB --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* gog-1

[NO CHANGELOG]