It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: I just looked at the windows files and the explanation is as easy as it is stupid. Actually there are 3 different versions of the game in the package.

The Angle (Deluxe) version 2.1.7 (that's the one that is launching when you start it using Galaxy or using the shortcut) - 1.07 GB
The opengl version 1.1.5a - 419MB
The legacy GOG version (Adobe AIR) 1.1.52 - 187MB
muntdefems: You're right, but this by itself doesn't justify the increase of the installer from 323MB to 1.2GB.

I've just downloaded and extracted the Windows installer, and it also has some duplicated assets in different directories, but I don't think they can account for the whole difference...
My guess is that the previous version (323MB) is only one of the three versions we have now (the opengl version only is about 400MB big so it might be possible that the latest version you have archived simply is only the previous release of the opengl version). Could you install your old (323MB) version to check the version number it is showing in menu?
MarkoH01: My guess is that the previous version (323MB) is only one of the three versions we have now (the opengl version only is about 400MB big so it might be possible that the latest version you have archived simply is only the previous release of the opengl version). Could you install your old (323MB) version to check the version number it is showing in menu?
I thought the previous build already included more than one version of the game, but I'm not sure so you could be right about that.

As per me installing the old 323MB Windows build I'm afraid I can't for two reasons:

1) I don't keep the old installer, as I deleted it yesterday after checking that the new one worked

2) Anyway, I'm running Linux :P

PS: Actually, I *do* keep a copy of the previous installer, but it's on my backup 2TB external HDD that's located 200km away from where I am now. By mid-next week I'll go there (vacations, yay!) and I'll be able to check it. If I remember to do it before dumping my primary external drive on it (and hence deleting the old installer), of course. :)
high rated
Added the 8-bit Armies, 8-bit Hordes, 8-bit Invaders, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, Freedom Planet, Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander, Jotun: Valhalla Edition, Planet Nomads, and Tangledeep changelogs to the respective game fora.
high rated
I took the time to download and check the new DQ installer.

MarkoH01: My guess is that the previous version (323MB) is only one of the three versions we have now
Yeah, that's the thing. The OpenGL and classic versions have always been available as separate downloads (and they still are, for that matter). Not everyone wants the OpenGL version and DQ classic will never get updated, it makes no sense to include them in the main installer, it's just bloat. And as a side note, the OpenGL hasn't even been updated (still 2.1.5).

Other than that, and perhaps more importantly, the main version of the game has skyrocketed from ~500 MB to over 1GB. I see there's a new demo folder - with no executable within - that eats up 200 MB and there seem to be a few hundreds MB of duplicated assets (either the "full" or "gfx" folder) though folder structure has been reworked since 2.1.5 so it's hard to tell exactly. But anyway, I don't think all these changes were intended.

Can a blue look into this?
Avogadro6: Can a blue look into this?
Alternatively, you could try opening a new issue in this GitHub repo. This way you'll be guaranteed that Lars will see it.
high rated
These are all the updates found by Legacy MaGog on 28 July:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition
· Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander
· Project Highrise
· This War of Mine: Soundtrack Edition

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File renamed: DLC: Dying Light: Crash Test Skin Pack: Patch 1.13.0 [Windows] *TO* DLC: Crash Test Skin Pack: Patch 1.13.0 [Windows]

* File renamed: DLC: Dying Light: Crash Test Skin Pack: Windows installer, English *TO* DLC: Crash Test Skin Pack: Windows installer, English

* File renamed: DLC: Dying Light: Gun Psycho Bundle: Patch 1.13.0 [Windows] *TO* DLC: Gun Psycho Bundle: Patch 1.13.0 [Windows]

* File renamed: DLC: Dying Light: Gun Psycho Bundle: Windows installer, English *TO* DLC: Gun Psycho Bundle: Windows installer, English

* File renamed: DLC: Dying Light: Harran Military Rifle: Windows installer, English *TO* DLC: Harran Military Rifle: Windows installer, English

* File renamed: DLC: Dying Light: Harran Ranger Bundle: Patch 1.13.0 [Windows] *TO* DLC: Harran Ranger Bundle: Patch 1.13.0 [Windows]

* File renamed: DLC: Dying Light: Harran Ranger Bundle: Windows installer, English *TO* DLC: Harran Ranger Bundle: Windows installer, English

* File renamed: DLC: Dying Light: Volatile Hunter Bundle: Patch 1.13.0 [Windows] *TO* DLC: Volatile Hunter Bundle: Patch 1.13.0 [Windows]

* File renamed: DLC: Dying Light: Volatile Hunter Bundle: Windows installer, English *TO* DLC: Volatile Hunter Bundle: Windows installer, English

[NO CHANGELOG]

<span class="bold">Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander</span> has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Size has not changed (341.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.3.1.8 (1969140) *TO* 1.3.1.9 (1986048)

[NO CHANGELOG]

<span class="bold">Project Highrise</span> has changed

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.5.7 (28 July 2017)

Bug fixes:
- Fixed bug with demo visitors wanting breakfast in the evening
- Fixed unexpected behavior with hotel housekeeping hours
- Outside bus terminal is now removable
- Fixed a bug where bus terminal placed on the right edge of the game board
spawned visitors in an invalid position, and they would get stuck there

Changes:
- Updated game engine to Unity 2017.1
(Full changelog)

<span class="bold">This War of Mine: Soundtrack Edition</span> has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: DLC: This War of Mine: The Little Ones: Mac OS X installer, English

* File removed: Mac OS X installer, English

* File added: DLC: This War of Mine: The Little Ones: Mac OS X installer, English (part 1 of 2) AND Mac OS X installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Name: dlc_this_war_of_mine__the_little_ones_en_3_0_3_13787.pkg --- Size: 3.8 MB --- Date: Fri 28 Jul 2017 11:10:41 GMT --- Version: 3.0.3

* File added: Mac OS X installer, English (part 1 of 2) AND Mac OS X installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Name: this_war_of_mine_en_3_0_3_13787.pkg --- Size: 959.3 MB --- Date: Fri 28 Jul 2017 11:09:56 GMT --- Version: 3.0.3

* File changed: DLC: This War of Mine: The Little Ones: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_this_war_of_mine_the_little_ones_3.0.2_(8030).exe *TO* setup_this_war_of_mine_the_little_ones_3.0.3_(13785).exe --- Size *FROM* 8.4 MB *TO* 8.5 MB --- Date *FROM* Sun 11 Jun 2017 03:09:22 GMT *TO* Fri 28 Jul 2017 09:50:15 GMT --- Version *FROM* 3.0.2 *TO* 3.0.3

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Name *FROM* gog_this_war_of_mine_2.6.0.9.sh *TO* gog_this_war_of_mine_2.7.0.10.sh --- Size *FROM* 952.0 MB *TO* 952.6 MB --- Date *FROM* Mon 26 Jun 2017 09:55:41 GMT *TO* Fri 28 Jul 2017 14:31:08 GMT --- Version *FROM* 3.0.2 *TO* 3.0.3

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_this_war_of_mine_3.0.2_(8030).exe *TO* setup_this_war_of_mine_3.0.3_(13785).exe --- Size has not changed (1.1 GB) --- Date *FROM* Tue 27 Jun 2017 02:11:17 GMT *TO* Fri 28 Jul 2017 09:52:30 GMT --- Version *FROM* 3.0.2 *TO* 3.0.3

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Update 3.0.3 (28 July 2017)

List of basic fixes:
- in-game and panel texts polished
- gamepad controlling improved
- profession doesn't reset anymore in the editor
- stability improved!

Modding Tool fixes:
- you can add new recipes in mods now
- added Delete button to remove chosen mod from the list (not from your drive!)
- you can add crafting groups now
- create new items that works like existing ones, i.e. new kind of crowbar
- Modding Tool works faster now!
- better stability of the Tool
- you can edit or delete percentage of scavenged stuff on a location
(Full changelog)
I can't find the Crashtest Skin Pack DLC and Harran Rifle DLC for Dying Light here on GOG as mentioned in the updates. Where is it? Can you post a link to the site where I can puchase it?
Post edited July 28, 2017 by Silverhawk170485
Silverhawk170485: I can't find the Crashtest Skin Pack DLC and Harran Rifle DLC for Dying Light here on GOG as mentioned in the updates. Where is it? Can you post a link to the site where I can puchase it?
Harran Rifle DLC for Dying Light is here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/free_gemlycom_exclusive_dying_light_dlc_steam_only

I have got mine.
Silverhawk170485: I can't find the Crashtest Skin Pack DLC and Harran Rifle DLC for Dying Light here on GOG as mentioned in the updates. Where is it? Can you post a link to the site where I can puchase it?
No idea, sorry. For what it's worth, mrkgnao doesn't own this game, so the file info comes from the 'undetailed' API. For all we know, they could be upcoming DLCs, or DLCs that for some reason were never released here...

PS: the Crashtest Skin Pack DLC is available on Steam, but the Harran Rifle DLC is nowhere to be found.

EDIT: I hadn't seen kbnrylaec's reply. Well then, half the mystery is solved. :)
Post edited July 29, 2017 by muntdefems
As far as I know, the Crash Test Skin Pack is included in Dying Light because there was some confusion whether this would be sold seperately too (https://www.gog.com/forum/dying_light/free_content_was_patched_out_of_this_game_to_be_sold_as_dlc).
Another low quality work of GOG's package maintainer:
766286288 Jul 26 20:08 setup_sudden_strike_3_1.4_(13593).exe
768481384 Jul 26 20:41 setup_sudden_strike_3_1.4_(13593).exe

GOG's QA team is just a joke.
kbnrylaec: Another low quality work of GOG's package maintainer:

what am I looking at ?

they found and fixed the error, and deployed the fixed installer in a span of ~30 minutes.
That's outrageous.
Surely they can push that time down to 10. /s
high rated
kbnrylaec: Another low quality work of GOG's package maintainer:

immi101: what am I looking at ?

they found and fixed the error, and deployed the fixed installer in a span of ~30 minutes.
That's outrageous.
The problem is that they've used the exact same filename for two different versions of the installer. It's impossible to tell if you have the fixed version of the installer or not by only looking at the filename. That's very unprofessional.
immi101: what am I looking at ?

That's outrageous.
DoctorGOGgles: The problem is that they've used the exact same filename for two different versions of the installer. It's impossible to tell if you have the fixed version of the installer or not by only looking at the filename. That's very unprofessional.
depends on what was changed.
let's say they noticed that one of the advertising images during the installation refers to a game to was recently removed from GOG. If they simply fix that and silently replace the installer I'm okay with it.
As long as the change has no impact on me playing the game, I don't need them to announce it as a new version of the game.
Avogadro6: Can a blue look into this?
muntdefems: Alternatively, you could try opening a new issue in this GitHub repo. This way you'll be guaranteed that Lars will see it.
Well, I figured Gog would need to know as well, since they handle installer packaging and they and their customers are basically wasting bandwith; my internet is uncapped so it's not a big deal to me but for some people it might be...

But yeah, I should probably tell Lars when I get the time.