It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Mystery Games in Leprechauns’ Hats • 300+ deals up to 90% off

UPDATE: The Sale is coming to its end and Daedalic's catalog joins in for the final stretch, alongside steampunk dungeon-crawler Vaporum. Make sure to snatch your Leprechaun hats and sweet deals until March 19, 11pm, everyone!

Oh, Paddy, dear, an' did ye hear the news that's goin' round? It's the start of the GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale, lasting the whole week, I found!

Come join the festivities - we’re launching with 300+ deals up to -90%, and Leprechaun Hats full of great Mystery Games!

Since we’re all Irish this week, how about having some fun, and checking what the GOG Leprechauns have for us, hidden in their mystery Hats! Every Leprechaun Hat contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to discover something new and broaden your horizons. What's more, those Mystery Games that are also on sale cost more than the cost of a Hat, so you know you’re getting a great deal with every Hat you open. Check the FAQ for details.

And if you don’t trust in what the mischievous GOG Leprechauns will pick for you, choose from more than 300 deals, with discounts ranging up to -90%. We’ve selected for you some all-time classics, as well as the best games from recent years including Little Nightmares (-50%), Ys SEVEN (-25%), ABZU (-50%), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-75%), Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (-40%), STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (up to -75%), Yooka-Laylee (-66%) and many more.

The GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale will last until March 19, 11pm UTC.
Thanks a lot, RWarehall!
Will those downvote bots stop some day? My guess would be that they found a way to downvote mutliple times on a single comment or even without referencing a comment. Still upvoting where possible :)

ciemnogrodzianin: Looks like good moment to get The Night of the Rabbit, which is on historical low.
Done :)
Experiment513: I guess this was it then for me... :'(
Time to delete your account and start over. :P
Melvinica: So why is a Russian hat $0.99 and a Romanian hat $3.07? Are they made from different materials?:)
Because we are rich Europeans. Considering GOG's usual regional pricing model, even richer than some Nordic and western European countries. These guys were right!
Carradice: That sounds almost poetic. Where were you from, again?
badon: I never say where I'm from, but I write in nearly perfect American-style English, and Google Translate helps with the rest. I see you're from Spain. The Spanish word for "wait" also means "hope". That's poetic.

EDIT: Deleted all the irrelevant rambling.
Nice. The sentence sounds like an adagio and it would be interesting to track its origin.

About the wording for hope, you are right more or less. It comes straight from old Latin, literally with the meaning of remaing oprn to expect (or wait) good things. The verv for waiting in. Portuguese, Italian and Spanish keep the same root. The French have espoir as well, but they use attendez for waiting. Then, you have the English and German hope, Hoffnung, with a different heritage.
Post edited March 16, 2018 by Carradice
Carradice: Nice. The sentence sounds like an adagio and it would be interesting to track its origin.
Which sentence? I did a search for the wine one, and I couldn't find it anywhere else.
Only shity games, not mystery, pops up with "magic hats"... don't buy it. crap....
Post edited March 17, 2018 by trexxxxy
trexxxxy: Only shity games, not mystery, pops up with "magic hats"... don't buy it. crap....
I did buy only two "Leprechaun hats", but that was enough. Yeah, I know it is like the lottery.
I would have rather spent that 5,20 EUR on something else, that I would really play.

I've got:
- Die by the sword (I did play this in the past, it would be okey, but it isn't compatible with modern systems)
- Shelter (not my cup of tea)
Post edited March 17, 2018 by Vadalma
Gog version of Shadowhandis outdated . Newest version is v1.6 .

http://steamcommunity.com/games/427490/announcements/detail/1672397370592081372
Melvinica: So why is a Russian hat $0.99 and a Romanian hat $3.07? Are they made from different materials?:)
WinterSnowfall: Because we are rich Europeans. Considering GOG's usual regional pricing model, even richer than some Nordic and western European countries. These guys were right!
Oh, I thought you meant these guys:
'The Regional Ripoff: Why Can't Gaming Be Fair?'. ;)
lostwolfe: ... it's like gog goes out of their way to make sure i don't like their sales :P check. :P...
I can't believe the number of people complaining about too many sales...

I have to agree with you that they should have some filter to take games you already own and put them in a separate section. Having around 800 in my library, my front page is typically full of games I already own. This makes me usually ignore the front page and go directly to my wishlist to put the discounted filter on.

For the rest of your argument, I don't really see the issue with it. There is the list format as you're requesting if you scroll to the bottom and click on the on sale tab.

I mean I won't try to argue your personal preference, but I don't see how this is such a detriment since they already have the format you're requesting, you just have to scroll down.

As for the random hats and mystery boxes, I don't much like them. I'm not a gambler and typically don't have great luck with RNG. Further, I pretty much own all of the games I would want in the random boxes, so I'm almost guaranteed to get something I already own or don't want. But I just don't buy them. What I do see are threads of fellow GoG members talking about what they got, some excitement, some disappointment, but a lot of trading and general discussion. I may not like the idea and I see some take it personally, but I think it's achieving its purpose in keeping people interested in GoG and helping promote a sense of community through the trading and discussions.

I really just don't understand all the people complaining about having a sale, even if they did just have one. All it means is you have more opportunities to get the items from your wishlist on sale. You don't have to purchase anything if you don't want, so I don't know where all the negativity toward the sale is coming from.

That's not directed toward you lostwolfe, I just wanted to reply to you to point out that they do have the list format that you are asking for.

edit - Complaining about them having too many sales is like the complaints I've seen before about GoG offering too many newer games. You don't have to buy them, it makes GoG more competitive with other platforms like Steam, and it doesn't harm you in any way. What it does do is help GoG grow and offers more games to the community DRM free. The sale is the same, you don't have to buy anything, but maybe it gives somebody a chance to get a game they've been waiting for on sale.
Post edited March 18, 2018 by Gylfe
lostwolfe: ... it's like gog goes out of their way to make sure i don't like their sales :P check. :P...
Gylfe: I can't believe the number of people complaining about too many sales...

I have to agree with you that they should have some filter to take games you already own and put them in a separate section. Having around 800 in my library, my front page is typically full of games I already own. This makes me usually ignore the front page and go directly to my wishlist to put the discounted filter on.

For the rest of your argument, I don't really see the issue with it. There is the list format as you're requesting if you scroll to the bottom and click on the on sale tab.

I mean I won't try to argue your personal preference, but I don't see how this is such a detriment since they already have the format you're requesting, you just have to scroll down.

As for the random hats and mystery boxes, I don't much like them. I'm not a gambler and typically don't have great luck with RNG. Further, I pretty much own all of the games I would want in the random boxes, so I'm almost guaranteed to get something I already own or don't want. But I just don't buy them. What I do see are threads of fellow GoG members talking about what they got, some excitement, some disappointment, but a lot of trading and general discussion. I may not like the idea and I see some take it personally, but I think it's achieving its purpose in keeping people interested in GoG and helping promote a sense of community through the trading and discussions.

I really just don't understand all the people complaining about having a sale, even if they did just have one. All it means is you have more opportunities to get the items from your wishlist on sale. You don't have to purchase anything if you don't want, so I don't know where all the negativity toward the sale is coming from.

That's not directed toward you lostwolfe, I just wanted to reply to you to point out that they do have the list format that you are asking for.

edit - Complaining about them having too many sales is like the complaints I've seen before about GoG offering too many newer games. You don't have to buy them, it makes GoG more competitive with other platforms like Steam, and it doesn't harm you in any way. What it does do is help GoG grow and offers more games to the community DRM free. The sale is the same, you don't have to buy anything, but maybe it gives somebody a chance to get a game they've been waiting for on sale.
My guess the underlying complain, perhaps unspoken, is the general selection of games is quite poor.
Prices seems to raising.
Games often are on older version.

Your wall of text could be summarized in: why so many sales, if you sell always the same game over and over again, with raising prices?
Inflation is probably causing the rising prices.
mintee: like the new sale front page art, very pretty
Vythonaut: Just noticed it changed since the beginning of the sale, here it is in all sizes available, from small to large:

- Background #1
- Background #2
- Background #3
- Background #4
- Background #5

Huinehtar: I would love to see Celtic Tales: Balor of the Evil Eye (...)
Vythonaut: That makes us two. ;)
thanks mate :)
mintee: thanks mate :)
You're welcome! :)
I bought Deponia 3 that was on sale :)