It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Mystery Games in Leprechauns’ Hats • 300+ deals up to 90% off

UPDATE: The Sale is coming to its end and Daedalic's catalog joins in for the final stretch, alongside steampunk dungeon-crawler Vaporum. Make sure to snatch your Leprechaun hats and sweet deals until March 19, 11pm, everyone!

Oh, Paddy, dear, an' did ye hear the news that's goin' round? It's the start of the GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale, lasting the whole week, I found!

Come join the festivities - we’re launching with 300+ deals up to -90%, and Leprechaun Hats full of great Mystery Games!

Since we’re all Irish this week, how about having some fun, and checking what the GOG Leprechauns have for us, hidden in their mystery Hats! Every Leprechaun Hat contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to discover something new and broaden your horizons. What's more, those Mystery Games that are also on sale cost more than the cost of a Hat, so you know you’re getting a great deal with every Hat you open. Check the FAQ for details.

And if you don’t trust in what the mischievous GOG Leprechauns will pick for you, choose from more than 300 deals, with discounts ranging up to -90%. We’ve selected for you some all-time classics, as well as the best games from recent years including Little Nightmares (-50%), Ys SEVEN (-25%), ABZU (-50%), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-75%), Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (-40%), STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (up to -75%), Yooka-Laylee (-66%) and many more.

The GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale will last until March 19, 11pm UTC.
Are there any games on sale which either has a good discount that best its been or games worth getting now as they are rarely on sale?
Niggles: Are there any games on sale which either has a good discount that best its been or games worth getting now as they are rarely on sale?
The list you are looking for is GOG Sales 2018 List which is kept updated by RWarehall. Just look up the games you are interested in. This link should take you to the Best Prior pricing page. The next tab at the bottom is the page for games overdue for a sale.

Thank you again, RWarehall, for keeping up this great list!
Post edited March 19, 2018 by bjgamer
picked up sw: knights of the old republic 2.

I have the physical on pc but haven't played it in years. iirc even with restored content mod I had nasty glitches/bugs. I hope the play-through goes well for me.
Dustforce DX is, ha ha ha, dirt cheap!
ys series - are these supposed to be classical final fantasy? are these suitable for kids?

edit been waiting for full throttle to hit 66%. gog's made me wait this long, i think i'll wait for it to be dirt cheap now.
Post edited March 19, 2018 by timmy010
Gylfe: I have to agree with you that they should have some filter to take games you already own and put them in a separate section. Having around 800 in my library, my front page is typically full of games I already own. This makes me usually ignore the front page and go directly to my wishlist to put the discounted filter on.

For the rest of your argument, I don't really see the issue with it. There is the list format as you're requesting if you scroll to the bottom and click on the on sale tab.

I mean I won't try to argue your personal preference, but I don't see how this is such a detriment since they already have the format you're requesting, you just have to scroll down.

As for the random hats and mystery boxes, I don't much like them. I'm not a gambler and typically don't have great luck with RNG. Further, I pretty much own all of the games I would want in the random boxes, so I'm almost guaranteed to get something I already own or don't want. But I just don't buy them. What I do see are threads of fellow GoG members talking about what they got, some excitement, some disappointment, but a lot of trading and general discussion. I may not like the idea and I see some take it personally, but I think it's achieving its purpose in keeping people interested in GoG and helping promote a sense of community through the trading and discussions.
two things, real quickly.

one: the format is there, you're not wrong. but it has the same inherent problem as the tiles, which i've talked about at some length. it's not at all sorted or filtered and in order to make sense of it you have to click away to the store, select sale, select the categories and bits you're interested in and wade through that several times over. i proposed a solution [with shading to sort out what's new and what you own and so on] that SHOULD live on the main page [in other words, it should be where that list is now.]

a blue came out and asked about it, and i elaborated here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_st_patricks_day_sale_begins_on_gogcom_26259/post60

basically: "more information instead of less and not in the tile format, please."

two: the loot boxes are a divisive issue, and i don't like or want to rain on anyone's parade, i get that some people like them, but to ME, they feel like gog trading in their ethics and standards [although, we can argue about that, too, because gog's "ethics and standards" have slowly swirled around the drain for some time, now] for money.

they're a company and they have to make money. but given that they have a few high horses [one of which is drm], you'd think that they'd pick more honest routes/a higher road toward money.

to me, the loot boxes represent a lot of things that are just plain wrong with the industry. there's a random chance you'll get something you want, you don't know what's in them and they're "enabling" people who already have a problem to exacerbate that problem. those are all things i wish gog didn't stand for, but this is where we are, and so now, they do.

basically: this is not the gog i signed up for. it is eroding it's moral high ground [for me, anyway] through sales like this.
I bought two hats but the sale ended and I don't know how to open the hats and get my games...
thomasrabelo: I bought two hats but the sale ended and I don't know how to open the hats and get my games...
You should open a support ticket.
thomasrabelo: I bought two hats but the sale ended and I don't know how to open the hats and get my games...
It's in the FAQ:
Follow this link. If that doesn't work for you for whatever reason or you don't visit GOG regularly your definitely not gambling-Loot Boxes will be automatically opened on March 21 and the games added to your library.
HeartsAndRainbows: It's in the FAQ:
Follow this link. If that doesn't work for you for whatever reason or you don't visit GOG regularly your definitely not gambling-Loot Boxes will be automatically opened on March 21 and the games added to your library.
Thanks. I found it in the FAQ when I was going to open a ticket... :) weird enough, the hats don't appear. The web page just keeps rolling, and no hats yet. The FAQ tells I should wait, so I will.
HeartsAndRainbows: It's in the FAQ:
thomasrabelo: Thanks. I found it in the FAQ when I was going to open a ticket... :) weird enough, the hats don't appear. The web page just keeps rolling, and no hats yet. The FAQ tells I should wait, so I will.
I don't think the FAQ took into account the fact that you bought the hats right before the sale ended, and then it ended before you could open the hats. I'd open a support ticket in case the hats contain games you'd like to either convert into giftable keys or have GOG refund to you in the form of wallet funds.
Post edited March 20, 2018 by finkleroy
[NEVERMIND][SOLVED] Ok with the link provided by HeartsandRainbows, now I can see, thanks man!

Hello GOG staff!
I can't see the new games I have, I've made 3 mystery hats purchases, but nothing new in my library.
Could you guys help me? Thank you!
Post edited March 20, 2018 by Lobo_BRA
thomasrabelo: Thanks. I found it in the FAQ when I was going to open a ticket... :) weird enough, the hats don't appear. The web page just keeps rolling, and no hats yet. The FAQ tells I should wait, so I will.
finkleroy: I don't think the FAQ took into account the fact that you bought the hats right before the sale ended, and then it ended before you could open the hats. I'd open a support ticket in case the hats contain games you'd like to either convert into giftable keys or have GOG refund to you in the form of wallet funds.
Thanks. I opened a ticket and got my games today. Unfortunately, already had them on steam. :(
finkleroy: I don't think the FAQ took into account the fact that you bought the hats right before the sale ended, and then it ended before you could open the hats. I'd open a support ticket in case the hats contain games you'd like to either convert into giftable keys or have GOG refund to you in the form of wallet funds.
thomasrabelo: Thanks. I opened a ticket and got my games today. Unfortunately, already had them on steam. :(
If you haven't downloaded them, you can ask GOG for a refund in the form of wallet credits. They're required by law to comply, because if they were to force you to keep them, what you did would be gambling, and that would mean that they would be required by law to have a gambling license, which AFAIK they don't.