It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Mystery Games in Leprechauns’ Hats • 300+ deals up to 90% off

UPDATE: The Sale is coming to its end and Daedalic's catalog joins in for the final stretch, alongside steampunk dungeon-crawler Vaporum. Make sure to snatch your Leprechaun hats and sweet deals until March 19, 11pm, everyone!

Oh, Paddy, dear, an' did ye hear the news that's goin' round? It's the start of the GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale, lasting the whole week, I found!

Come join the festivities - we’re launching with 300+ deals up to -90%, and Leprechaun Hats full of great Mystery Games!

Since we’re all Irish this week, how about having some fun, and checking what the GOG Leprechauns have for us, hidden in their mystery Hats! Every Leprechaun Hat contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to discover something new and broaden your horizons. What's more, those Mystery Games that are also on sale cost more than the cost of a Hat, so you know you’re getting a great deal with every Hat you open. Check the FAQ for details.

And if you don’t trust in what the mischievous GOG Leprechauns will pick for you, choose from more than 300 deals, with discounts ranging up to -90%. We’ve selected for you some all-time classics, as well as the best games from recent years including Little Nightmares (-50%), Ys SEVEN (-25%), ABZU (-50%), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-75%), Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (-40%), STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (up to -75%), Yooka-Laylee (-66%) and many more.

The GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale will last until March 19, 11pm UTC.
high rated
lostwolfe: (...)
Thanks, now I understand what you mean. Rest assured your feedback is really appreciated.
high rated
Ilona: Dear GOG - Add Hide owned games filter on front page PRETTY PLEASE !
It hurts my eyes to browse the huge wall of colorfull mess of owned games .
finkleroy: You can do that with the user-made add-on script Barefoot Essentials. I highly recommend it, in addition to Adalia Fundamentals.
that's a solution. [and i appreciate you presenting it and making people aware of it] but it REALLY shouldn't amount to us resorting to third party add-ons to do a job that gog should be doing BY DEFAULT.
Too late Gog . Spent my €400 on Amazon during the past weeks .

But i like the front banner .
Post edited March 12, 2018 by i_hope_you_rot
I'll be skipping this one. I learned my lesson the last time with the Stars.
Chamb: Thanks, now I understand what you mean. Rest assured your feedback is really appreciated.
no problem. i will be curious to see what happens in the next sale.

again. thank you for your time.
Let's get one thing straight: no promises were made here. :)
What games are in the lootboxes this time? Can they drop something you already have?
Chamb: Let's get one thing straight: no promises were made here. :)
I want to buy hats, but have a HUGE collection of games and do not want to trade of "gift codes".

Will I be warned BEFORE receiving a duplicate/gift code or later, after buying it?

The last pinhatas/stars warned me before purchase if I already had all games to unlock...

Thanks a lot for clarification.
Anime-BlackWolf: (...) Will I be warned BEFORE receiving a duplicate/gift code or later, after buying it? (...)
If you own everything that's on offer inside Hats, you will see "gift a hat" label on the button (instead of "get a hat").
Post edited March 12, 2018 by Chamb
lostwolfe: i hope other people will chime in with their feedback, also.
I'd like for them to fill the screen.

I'm aware that everyone isn't so perhaps they could add a option to account settings or something.

I run at 1920x1080. GOG (much like every site) only fills the centre of the screen. It annoys me when we have stuff like this, all that space yet it only fills the centre and the release text still need to break up words (note fasci-nating.)

Also note that this isn't just sale feedback.
Attachments:
gogcap.png (126 Kb)
Anime-BlackWolf: (...) Will I be warned BEFORE receiving a duplicate/gift code or later, after buying it? (...)
Chamb: If you own everything that's on offer inside Hats, you will see "gift a hat" label on the button (instead of "get a hat").
I have got four duplicated games in hats, but I still see "get a hat" now.
Chamb: If you own everything that's on offer inside Hats, you will see "gift a hat" label on the button (instead of "get a hat").
But it seems that if you don't own everything, you still might get something that you already had in your library, as a gift code, without being warned beforehand? At least that's what posts by other users here suggest.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by Leroux
I want to give a go pick up a few mystery hats (as the last time I got some good games that I wanted to pick up in the steam sale that was going on at the same time) but seeing as people are getting duplicates is making me worry this time though.
kbnrylaec: (...)
Passed your comment to the development team - they will look into this tomorrow.
The system is off by one for me. I bought a batch until it went "Gift Hat", but when it opened them there was one I already owned. Since the indicator was still showing "Buy hat", I tried buying a single hat (and it went "Gift Hat" after), and that too was one I already owned.

My suspicion tells me it might be due to "Omerta: City of Gangsters Gold Edition" is in the pool (according to what people are getting), since I own the "parts" but not the bundle. The system prevents itself from assigning me a copy of the bundle, and chooses to make a gift code of a different game. The frontend seemingly doesn't detect this, while the backend does.

I intend to refund the latter gift, since I expected a game I didn't own instead of one I already owned (and not one I intend to use for gifting). The first gift wasn't a problem, but it was a bummer that the system didn't catch the decrepancy before purchase.