It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New Piñatas • New Deals • Last Chances

The final 72 hours of Piñata Madness are here, and the mystery-sale bonanza grows bigger – today brings exciting new Piñatas and hot new offers!

If you haven't tried your luck yet, now's the time with new additions to the pool. These include: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 1 & 2, SWAT 4, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, NEO Scavenger, Wasteland 2, This War of Mine.
Plus all things Homeworld with Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered, Deserts of Kharak, as well as the long-gone expansion – Homeworld: Emergence.

If you're not the type to smash Piñatas, there are new great games on sale right now so make sure to give it a browse – and while you're here, check out the Carmageddon 20th Anniversary Sale at 75% off!

--Original announcement--
Piñata Madness is back – meaning excitement, mystery, and exceptional deals on some of our favorite hand-picked titles.

What is Piñata Madness?
For $3, you can buy and smash your own digital Piñata, each holding one of 100+ mystery games worth anywhere from $5.99 all the way up to $44.99.
Visit your <span class="bold">Pinata hub</span>, where can buy, open, and see everything Piñata Madness!
Just like real-life Piñatas, they'll bring you joy, surprise, and reward. Unlike real-life Piñatas, ours drop really good games instead of candy – games like Pillars of Eternity, Shadow Warrior 2, Heroes of Might and Magic, Victor Vran, and more!
It's a great way to broaden your horizons and try out games you otherwise wouldn't, knowing you're always getting a deal that's worth it. And if you already own every game included in our Piñatas, each game you drop will be a giftable code so you share the joy with your friends.

Weekly Megasale
If you'd rather know exactly you're getting, check out the Weekly Megasale featuring great deals up to -90% on some of our favorite titles including Darkest Dungeon, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Heroes of Might and Magic III, and more!

The Piñata Madness and Weekly Megasale last until August 21, 2017, 9:59 PM UTC.
Thanks to the devs, pub and GOG for the freebie.
MarkoH01: O.K. - that is a valid point I have to agree. It's just $3 for a game worth more than that.
amcdermo: If it's a game you'd have never bought otherwise than that's $3 more than they would have got.
Exactly - MarkoH01's proposition was for GoG to allow us to gift/trade unwanted pinatas. I argued it will likely hurt GoG's profit of the deal.

It's "I feel lucky" game for me (BTW Luck is my favorite RPG stat) and I'm fine with the event. (I promised myself 3 pinatas per day ;-); alas, nothing of value today).
trusteft: What do you mean? You do not consider Diablo series, Titan Quest, (among others) ARPGs?
kohlrak: Haven't played them, so i don't know. The idea of an ARPG, however, is that there's action. If you're clicking and telling your character where to go instead of direct control, it's less Action, more RTS or TBS.
Let me guess, you were born at the earliest in the late 90s, more like in the 00s ?
musteriuz: Thanks to the various people who told me about the "More" button having a possible solution - I'll see how that works. I do not want that gog downloader, though. It ate a Gb of HDD space before I knew it and I deleted it - it was how I always downloaded my gog games initially.
What do you mean when you say the downloader "ate a GB of HDD space"?
Post edited August 14, 2017 by finkleroy
I don't like this "method" of Pinata. I have pay 2,69 and in the pinata i have found a game with the price of 2,69(in sale).

[img]http://i.imgur.com/W8hyiPm.jpg[/img]

game won, Trine 2:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/cz6F2w3.jpg[/img]

Same price of Pinata, coincidence?

I could buy it directly at 2.69 without using pinata, these things should not happen
Post edited August 14, 2017 by h.e.X.e.n.
I iz still dint get any of zee Piñatas I ordered. ;( what kind of madness iz that ?
h.e.X.e.n.: I don't like this "method" of Pinata. I have pay 2,69 and in the pinata i have found a game with the price of 2,69(in sale).

[img]http://i.imgur.com/W8hyiPm.jpg[/img]

game won, Trine 2:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/cz6F2w3.jpg[/img]

Same price of Pinata, coincidence?
There's something fishy here, let me check... Argh, fair and square, you could've won a 40+ EU game (you want or don't want).

Edit: Honestly, this has become my favorite thread - will check it regularly :-)
Post edited August 14, 2017 by i_ni
Now we have gambling on GOG. This is the last place I would've expected this to happen.

I bought two pinatas and got two games that I already had, either on disc or Steam: Spellforce Platinum edition and Trine 2 Complete Story. And right now, both of them are cheaper to buy directly on GOG, Spellforce is 2,99 (not much, but still cheaper) and Trine 2 CS is 2,69.

So... yeah, gambling.

Good job GOG.
musteriuz: Thanks to the various people who told me about the "More" button having a possible solution - I'll see how that works. I do not want that gog downloader, though. It ate a Gb of HDD space before I knew it and I deleted it - it was how I always downloaded my gog games initially.
This'll be handy for you. Saves you from that awful galaxy mess.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/adalia_fundamentals_fixing_gog_so_you_dont_have_to
KalShenRa: Now we have gambling on GOG. This is the last place I would've expected this to happen.

I bought two pinatas and got two games that I already had, either on disc or Steam: Spellforce Platinum edition and Trine 2 Complete Story. And right now, both of them are cheaper to buy directly on GOG, Spellforce is 2,99 (not much, but still cheaper) and Trine 2 CS is 2,69.

So... yeah, gambling.

Good job GOG.
I remember the same event from the last year?
KalShenRa: Now we have gambling on GOG. This is the last place I would've expected this to happen.

So... yeah, gambling.

Good job GOG.
i_ni: I remember the same event from the last year?
People seriously have to check what fraud-gambling is investing on one of thos GMG bundles that were on their Summer Sale.
h.e.X.e.n.: I could buy it directly at 2.69 without using pinata, these things should not happen
Yeah, same here. I've not only got two games that are utter crap, both are pretty much at the same price as the pinada. The Guild 2 is exactly the same price, while Armikrog costs only 40 cent more than a pinada.

I guess it's my own fault, I should have known better. I've never got a game I actually liked in those GoG mystery sales and when I did, I've already owned it on Steam. I usually get cheap crap games I am not even interested in trying out.

I feel ripped off every single time, so I should have know better. Sigh, right now I am grounded because of an injury, so I guess it was the painkillers and boredom which made me buy something like this again. Well, and maybe the stupid hope to actually get something like "Tyranny" this time...
Post edited August 14, 2017 by AngryAlien
Love the guys that come here complaining that they didnt receive the game/genre they wanted haha, are they aware the whole idea is that you receive a random game?? If you dont want to take the risk then dont buy a pinata, is not like someone is forcing or "stealing" from you...

Anyway, its my first year with GOG and love the idea, although i am not a big fan of this kind of "get a random game" kind of stuff i think i will at least get one pinata and see what i get.

By the way, thanks for the free game GOG!
Post edited August 14, 2017 by bdavid92
Not a fan of RNG.
i_ni: I remember the same event from the last year?
leeber: People seriously have to check what fraud-gambling is investing on one of thos GMG bundles that were on their Summer Sale.
This is gambling. It's just the GMG bundles were a whole lot worse.

Bought 4 of these pinatas and yep, I've been robbed. £2.69 a pinata and this is what I've got, and I've put the sale price in too.

Trine 2 - £2.39
Guild 2 - £2.39
Anno1602 - £2.69
Imperium Galactica - £2.39

So, it was actually cheaper for me to buy the games, and I'm actually down 90p. Not the end of the world, but this is really, really poor show on GOG's part. I've wasted ~£10 of my money and not got a single game that's of any use. I can't trade them, refund them or anything. The games aren't the best, (except Trine 2 - which I already had on Steam),and in no way would have bought them myself. No nice suprises here.

I want to support GOG, but I really can't get behind a promotion like this. I really wish I hadn't bought them

(Of course, my opinion may have changed if I had got a half decent game).

But yeah, this is definetly gambling.
Post edited August 14, 2017 by Croyzers