It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New Piñatas • New Deals • Last Chances

The final 72 hours of Piñata Madness are here, and the mystery-sale bonanza grows bigger – today brings exciting new Piñatas and hot new offers!

If you haven't tried your luck yet, now's the time with new additions to the pool. These include: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 1 & 2, SWAT 4, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, NEO Scavenger, Wasteland 2, This War of Mine.
Plus all things Homeworld with Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered, Deserts of Kharak, as well as the long-gone expansion – Homeworld: Emergence.

If you're not the type to smash Piñatas, there are new great games on sale right now so make sure to give it a browse – and while you're here, check out the Carmageddon 20th Anniversary Sale at 75% off!

--Original announcement--
Piñata Madness is back – meaning excitement, mystery, and exceptional deals on some of our favorite hand-picked titles.

What is Piñata Madness?
For $3, you can buy and smash your own digital Piñata, each holding one of 100+ mystery games worth anywhere from $5.99 all the way up to $44.99.
Visit your <span class="bold">Pinata hub</span>, where can buy, open, and see everything Piñata Madness!
Just like real-life Piñatas, they'll bring you joy, surprise, and reward. Unlike real-life Piñatas, ours drop really good games instead of candy – games like Pillars of Eternity, Shadow Warrior 2, Heroes of Might and Magic, Victor Vran, and more!
It's a great way to broaden your horizons and try out games you otherwise wouldn't, knowing you're always getting a deal that's worth it. And if you already own every game included in our Piñatas, each game you drop will be a giftable code so you share the joy with your friends.

Weekly Megasale
If you'd rather know exactly you're getting, check out the Weekly Megasale featuring great deals up to -90% on some of our favorite titles including Darkest Dungeon, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Heroes of Might and Magic III, and more!

The Piñata Madness and Weekly Megasale last until August 21, 2017, 9:59 PM UTC.
Daminite: Anyone else feel that the games from the piñata should have a gift option or at least a "Do Not Want" option? Library clutter can be worse than flushing $15, my steam library is a testament to that.
kohlrak: That's what i use "hide" for. I buy a game, download to my private cloud using wget, then install games as needed. Updated games appear under updates, and i can manage things my own way. If it's not hidden, i didn't download to server, yet.
I know what about the hide function, that doesn't mean I want to need it.
i got shadow warrior 2, thanks gog :D
musteriuz: I recently experienced a double hard drive crash, and so I lost a lot of my downloaded gog games. Now when I look at redownloading them, I see so many where the installer simply says "This download comes with Galaxy" (thanks for the warning at least), but I wonder how long I'm going to have to wait for the ones that do not have Galaxy included, so that I can recover the games that are currently lost even after paying gog good money for byuing games from them DRM-free, as they claimed it to be.
If you click the "MORE" button, you can click "CLASSIC INSTALLERS" to switch to the Galaxy-free offline installers. Also, the GOG.com Downloader automatically downloads the Galaxy-free offline installers.
https://www.gog.com/downloader
Post edited August 14, 2017 by finkleroy
Daminite: Anyone else feel that the games from the piñata should have a gift option or at least a "Do Not Want" option? Library clutter can be worse than flushing $15, my steam library is a testament to that.
AngryAlien: I totally agree. I've got The Guild 2 and Armikrog. I am so completely not interested in playing them, I will never even install those two. Not only that, Armikrog is not only a bad game, but a buggy mess.

And of course there is the risk of already owning what you get on Steam.

So I think it would have been nice to have a DO YOU WANT TO KEEP OR GIT THIS GAME? option, whenever you open you pinata. This way you might still be sad when you get such crap, but at least you could give those games to someone who might appreciate them.
I got those too. I actually wanted Armikrog but not only is it a buggy mess that it doesn't look like they're ever going to fix but its already $3 right now. They shouldn't use games in these that are already on sale for the same or less than the piñata.
Post edited August 14, 2017 by Daminite
There's still no link to the weekly sale. Is that ever going to show up? I prefer going through the sale contents that way because the list shows the games' genre.
"Piñata Madness is back – meaning excitement, mystery, and exceptional deals on some of our favorite hand-picked titles. Plus, for just 48 hours, grab a free copy of Deadlight: Director's Cut on the front page – until August 16, 1PM UTC! "

Was let down on Steam not getting the Director's Cut update to the base game; yet GOG made the deal to give it away for free.. Amazing!! Thanks Loads. Now; should i try a Pinata?
Piñata not showing up in iOS Chrome either.
finkleroy: There's still no link to the weekly sale. Is that ever going to show up? I prefer going through the sale contents that way because the list shows the games' genre.
Which is often a lie. The number of ARPGs that are actually "click to move around" is fairly annoying (seems to be the majority of ARPGs). Got a few decent RPGs from "strategy," though.
Nah, I better stay away from this one... I got 3 pinatas and received two games I'm not really interested in and one that is cheaper as a regular sale item than as a pinata. I'm not risking any more. Sure, getting Shadow Warrior 2, that new Ron Gilbert point&click, Pillars of Eternity or Tyranny would be nice, but with my luck I'll end up with the complete Telltale collection instead, so I'm not risking it. I should be glad that I didn't get any Telltale crap with my first three.
bought 3 pinatas, non showed up as of yet... Patiently we wait
Nice idea but failed execution as usual. There could at least be a list of which games are included in the pinatas, or better yet a sales page so we can easily see which ones we don't own. Looking at what others got the only thing so far I would have bought is Armikrog but it's the regular version and the Deluxe one is STILL only available standalone and not as an upgrade. So that would essentially be a wasted pinata. Plus I see we're back to the usual crap where the regular version is discounted but the deluxe content comes at a premium. :(
high rated
Don't know if it has been said already but imo it is a very bad idea that Pinatas will automatically added to your account. It would be better for us AND GOG if we would get codes we could gift away or trade. Now I buy a Pinata I don't want and (not using my legal right of withdrawal from contract) I would hide from my library. Yay - $3 hidden away from me. No fun. If I would get a code I could still try to trade it or to give it away for free to make other people happy. So this way I would buy a lot more Pinatas. A very, very, very bad decision for us as well as for GOG. But it's not the first time GOG has not thought something completely out until the end.
Post edited August 14, 2017 by MarkoH01
finkleroy: There's still no link to the weekly sale. Is that ever going to show up? I prefer going through the sale contents that way because the list shows the games' genre.
kohlrak: Which is often a lie. The number of ARPGs that are actually "click to move around" is fairly annoying (seems to be the majority of ARPGs). Got a few decent RPGs from "strategy," though.
What do you mean? You do not consider Diablo series, Titan Quest, (among others) ARPGs?
Purchased 2 Piñatas and they haven't shown up for me yet like many others. Harrumph.
Seems like alot of people are having problems or are some just not patient enough.

Anyhow, just wanted to see if anyone else got a game they allready own?
I got Shadow Warrior (2013) wich I allready have. Maybe they're checking if it's been bought, not if it's owned. I bought it before the DX11 update and got the DX11 version later on.
Post edited August 14, 2017 by ELFswe