It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New Piñatas • New Deals • Last Chances

The final 72 hours of Piñata Madness are here, and the mystery-sale bonanza grows bigger – today brings exciting new Piñatas and hot new offers!

If you haven't tried your luck yet, now's the time with new additions to the pool. These include: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 1 & 2, SWAT 4, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, NEO Scavenger, Wasteland 2, This War of Mine.
Plus all things Homeworld with Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered, Deserts of Kharak, as well as the long-gone expansion – Homeworld: Emergence.

If you're not the type to smash Piñatas, there are new great games on sale right now so make sure to give it a browse – and while you're here, check out the Carmageddon 20th Anniversary Sale at 75% off!

--Original announcement--
Piñata Madness is back – meaning excitement, mystery, and exceptional deals on some of our favorite hand-picked titles.

What is Piñata Madness?
For $3, you can buy and smash your own digital Piñata, each holding one of 100+ mystery games worth anywhere from $5.99 all the way up to $44.99.
Visit your <span class="bold">Pinata hub</span>, where can buy, open, and see everything Piñata Madness!
Just like real-life Piñatas, they'll bring you joy, surprise, and reward. Unlike real-life Piñatas, ours drop really good games instead of candy – games like Pillars of Eternity, Shadow Warrior 2, Heroes of Might and Magic, Victor Vran, and more!
It's a great way to broaden your horizons and try out games you otherwise wouldn't, knowing you're always getting a deal that's worth it. And if you already own every game included in our Piñatas, each game you drop will be a giftable code so you share the joy with your friends.

Weekly Megasale
If you'd rather know exactly you're getting, check out the Weekly Megasale featuring great deals up to -90% on some of our favorite titles including Darkest Dungeon, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Heroes of Might and Magic III, and more!

The Piñata Madness and Weekly Megasale last until August 21, 2017, 9:59 PM UTC.
Starmaker: Out of 21 pinatas, 5 repeats converted to gifts and two inferior versions of the games I already had (Tyranny and Pillars), no codes.
On the other hand, Tolva, Everything, Rime, Pinstripe and Viking!
I too got editions of Tyranny and Pillars that seemingly added nothing to do the respective games.
This reminds me of the luck of the irish sale from a few years ago. I ended up with some games I normally would have never gotten. It are now family favorites (Giana Sisters, the expansion, and aqua kitty).
Starmaker: Out of 21 pinatas, 5 repeats converted to gifts and two inferior versions of the games I already had (Tyranny and Pillars), no codes.
Out of my latest buy of 30 pinatas I've got 20 duplicates. Altough I bought 43 pinatas before that with no dupes.
Post edited August 14, 2017 by secondarykid
finkleroy: If you click the "MORE" button, you can click "CLASSIC INSTALLERS" to switch to the Galaxy-free offline installers. Also, the GOG.com Downloader automatically downloads the Galaxy-free offline installers.
https://www.gog.com/downloader
Thanks to the various people who told me about the "More" button having a possible solution - I'll see how that works. I do not want that gog downloader, though. It ate a Gb of HDD space before I knew it and I deleted it - it was how I always downloaded my gog games initially.
i_ni: Question is, does GoG like to sell as many Pinatas as possible? I don't find a business reason, do you?
MarkoH01: O.K. - that is a valid point I have to agree. It's just $3 for a game worth more than that.
Or a game that would anyway be on sale for, say, $0.99. It works both ways.

secondarykid: Out of my latest buy of 30 pinatas I've got 20 duplicates. Altough I bought 43 pinatas before that with no dupes.
I find that well discouraging, that the game is picked in the moment of pinata purchase, not opening of one.
Post edited August 14, 2017 by Andrzejef
Tried my luck one last time...

Little Big Adventure 2.
Amikrog.
War for the Overworld.
Diluvion.
Day of the Tentacle.
Capitalism 2.
Man o' War Corsair.....
Republique.
Her Story.
Tales of Money island.

Two look ok...
What a shitty way to to show them in order history...all shown as free.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by DampSquib
i_ni: Question is, does GoG like to sell as many Pinatas as possible? I don't find a business reason, do you?
MarkoH01: O.K. - that is a valid point I have to agree. It's just $3 for a game worth more than that.
If it's a game you'd have never bought otherwise than that's $3 more than they would have got.
clarry: So does the pinata system care about what OS I run?

At this point I'm pretty much done buying games that do not run natively on my system.

I wouldn't like to gamble my money away on what's likely a bunch of windows games..

EDIT: Pinata tracker thread tells that no, the system does not care about your OS.

I'm not going to flush any money down the toilet..
I was wondering the same thing. Not that I care much about the whole gambling thing, but still, it would be nice if it was at least possible to choose the OS.
This is how the Tyranny entry in my "My Collection" looks like: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2M5u0V1WGSRQ0V1a2ozWnFnWG8

But there is one good thing about this, now there is one more edition of the game that is listed as owned. This brings to my mind a workaround that GOG could use with bugs like lower editions not being listed as owned when higher editions are bought and the like. They could simply gift all the lower editions to the owners of the higher editions.
amcdermo: If it's a game you'd have never bought otherwise than that's $3 more than they would have got.
Also correct so I guess it depends how often that wopuld be the case. I still do think it would be a better way to give out codes like they did in the past. It's just easier for everybody.
At least the pinatas turned up on my mobile phone :)
Spellforce 2, Cossacks 3, Tales from the Borderlands.
For me, this has been the best promotion ever!

Even with some games that I wouldn't have bought otherwise and games that I already had "on another service" (not GOG's fault), I got enough recent games that were on my wishlist to make the thing totally worthwhile.

By the way, I got one duplicate (I owned Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition and a Piñata gave me the smaller Hero Edition), but GOG fixed it in under 30 minutes.

So, yeah, I'm a happy camper. :D
elcook: To all who can't see their Piñatas - we're currently experiencing issues with showing bought Piñatas on selected browsers - Safari, Opera and in GOG Galaxy. We're working on a fix, until then please use other browsers to open your Piñatas.
Sorry for all the trouble!
As of half an hour ago the issues were fixed.
puviani: For me, this has been the best promotion ever!

Even with some games that I wouldn't have bought otherwise and games that I already had "on another service" (not GOG's fault), I got enough recent games that were on my wishlist to make the thing totally worthwhile.

By the way, I got one duplicate (I owned Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition and a Piñata gave me the smaller Hero Edition), but GOG fixed it in under 30 minutes.

So, yeah, I'm a happy camper. :D
"By the way, I got one duplicate (I owned Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition and a Piñata gave me the smaller Hero Edition), but GOG fixed it in under 30 minutes."

What did this fix consist of? A refund? Is the Hero Edition listed as owned for you?
Kristian: "By the way, I got one duplicate (I owned Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition and a Piñata gave me the smaller Hero Edition), but GOG fixed it in under 30 minutes."

What did this fix consist of? A refund? Is the Hero Edition listed as owned for you?
Just a refund, which I immediately used to buy another Piñata. But that was one FAST refund! :)