It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I apologize for that, I'll make sure to snip the length next time around. In fact, I'll go back and snip my previous ones.
adamhm: Game: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
There was some flickering in cutscenes if CSMT was enabled.
I noticed that too. Feel free to submit a new report here: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=33667
Post edited March 12, 2017 by shmerl
Projectsonic: I apologize for that, I'll make sure to snip the length next time around. In fact, I'll go back and snip my previous ones.
No worries. Rereading that it may come across a bit harsher than intended. Thanks again and no worries.
shmerl: I noticed that too. Feel free to submit a new report here...
So, does the newer installer and any Wine 2.x still work fine otherwise without any overrides? Someone on OS X is having some issues in the game specific forum. If someone could confirm that would be appreciated.
In their case it's a laptop with multiple GPUs. Initially I was thinking it may have been from running on the Intel Iris. Looking at the linked bug reports it could be not be recognizing the card, and using the fallback without the proper amount of VRAM.
Post edited March 12, 2017 by Gydion
adamhm: Game: Mirror's Edge
I'm playing this now with wine-staging 2.3 and CSMT enabled. A few observations in case they're helpful;

Like you said I installed physx, using winetricks. Having PhysX enabled in the game caused me severe slowdowns whenever there was shattered glass. As suggested by a comment in bug #25723, I moved PhysXCore.dll, PhysXDevice.dll, PhysXLocal out of the way from under Binaries/, and now I have shattering glass without stutter. This probably requires that you have an nvidia and a working cuda setup. Overrides didn't seem to work here.

It's probably a good idea to get rid of Binaries/OpenAL32.dll in a similar fashion, so that wine will transparently use the systems own openal instead. I have mine setup with HRTF, and it sounds to me like positional audio now, not just stereo sound. A "builtin" override also works.

Finally, like with several games before I'm using x360ce to play this with a controller and learned that you now need an override for "xinput1_3 (native)" for that to work after commit 4b09e84.

The first time running the game I had to run it in virtual desktop of 1920x1080 (my normal desktop resolution) or it wouldn't start up. Afterwards I could disable it and it worked fine.

EDIT: Finished the game, no issues to speak of.
Post edited March 20, 2017 by Rixasha
Gydion: So, does the newer installer and any Wine 2.x still work fine otherwise without any overrides?
The installer still gives that error in the end, but it's insignificant, and games install OK.
shmerl: UPDATE: OK, it works erratically (i.e. not every time, but after a few retries, it saves).
I never had this problem, or at least didn't notice it (could be an issue with newer versions of Wine?)

Gydion: Does this still work the same with the newer installer in current Wine and no overrides?
I haven't tested it recently, but I'll check again later (I was already planning to anyway).

There was some flickering in cutscenes if CSMT was enabled.
shmerl: I noticed that too. Feel free to submit a new report here: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=33667
I would, but as I use PlayOnLinux they're not interested. Lots of people have asked & keep asking me to submit reports there anyway so I did try, but unsurprisingly my reports were rejected because I mentioned POL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (ok, I was also told to omit any mention of POL in the reports, but I'm not going to do that as what works for POL may not work for Wine+Winetricks without some alteration)

It's pretty stupid IMO; they'd be a lot better off if POL reports were allowed as long as it was mentioned & they were based on manual installs into clean prefixes. As things are now lots of reports there are clearly from people using PlayOnLinux anyway who simply haven't mentioned it, which has led to some confusion when things don't work with Wine+Winetricks due to e.g. differences between Winetricks and POL's equivalents... but at the same time many of those reports include valuable information and it would be a big loss for the AppDB to remove them due to POL being used.

At the same time there are a lot of "proper" reports that aren't very helpful because they amount to "played for 5 minutes, seems to work ok, installed alongside a bunch of other stuff in a single prefix with these Winetricks: <insert huge list of winetricks>". Also reports with similar setups that give a "garbage" rating... when the garbage rating is a result of one or more of the many native libraries the user installed & actually runs fine without them (or with a more carefully chosen set of libraries). etc...

Anyway I recently started putting together my own Wine wrappers for some games so I'll probably submit reports based on getting those running as I get them done.

Rixasha: <snip>
Interesting... well, I'll be taking another look at this soon as well :)
Post edited March 12, 2017 by adamhm
adamhm: I was also told to omit any mention of POL in the reports, but I'm not going to do that as what works for POL may not work for Wine+Winetricks without some alteration
I'm not sure why it would be any different. POL don't do any special patching of either Wine or winetricks. So the advice was correct. Don't mention POL, and submit results anyway. I did it myself that way multiple times. Lately though I'm using Wine staging from the staging project repo, or build Wine from source myself. I almost never use POL provided Wine builds.
adamhm: I was also told to omit any mention of POL in the reports, but I'm not going to do that as what works for POL may not work for Wine+Winetricks without some alteration
shmerl: I'm not sure why it would be any different. POL don't do any special patching of either Wine or winetricks. So the advice was correct. Don't mention POL, and submit results anyway. I did it myself that way multiple times.
There are differences between some of POL's install scripts (also some "Winetricks" don't exist in POL and vice-versa). I ran into some problems with this a few days ago when I couldn't get Deadly Premonition running using Wine+Winetricks (it was always crashing as soon as it got to the intro video) even though I had got it running almost perfectly in POL, based on the AppDB report... the reason ultimately turned out to be that Winetricks' WMP9 install script is different to POL's and doesn't work for the game.

Anyway I found out that the WMP9 installer doesn't seem to need an install script with Wine Staging 2.0 though (just run "MPSetup.exe /q") & got it running doing that instead.

shmerl: Lately though I'm using Wine staging from the staging project repo, or build Wine from source myself. I almost never use POL provided Wine builds.
AFAIK PlayOnLinux doesn't make any changes to the Wine builds they provide, but this is possibly another reason why submitting reports based on POL without mentioning it is a bad idea - if there *are* any differences with POL's Wine builds that affect compatibility then reports based on them may cause confusion & time waste for people who aren't using POL.
Post edited March 12, 2017 by adamhm
Gydion: ...
Ooops, I realized there was a typo in one of my reports: the name of the game is BloodRayne: Betrayal (with a capital R). I've just corrected it. Could you please do the same in post#2?

Also, I spotted a couple of errors in post#1:
Gydion: Let's install the game to "C:\GOG\ElminageGothic":

MD5 (setup_elminage_gothic_2.0.0.1.exe) = 652c888d3278a657e3c942fa08bc0ebe
WINEPREFIX="$HOME/sommelier/prefixes/elminageGothic" $HOME/sommelier/2016-01-20-wine-1.9.1 /wineStartENV wine start 'C:\setup_elminage_gothic_2.0.0.1.exe'
Gydion:
That space in the bolded text shouldn't be there.
Gydion: You can also run wintricks interactively by not passing any arguments to it. Finally, we can launch our game:

cd "$HOME/sommelier/prefixes/elminageGothic/drive_c/GOG/ElminageGothic/"
WINEPREFIX="$HOME/sommelier/prefixes/elminageGothic" $HOME/sommelier/2016-01-20-wine-1.9.1 wineStartENV wine Elminage.exe
# Or the more convient start parameter, but may cause crashes with some games:
WINEPREFIX="$HOME/sommelier/prefixes/elminageGothic" $HOME/sommelier/2016-01-20-wine-1.9.1/wineStartENV wine start /Unix "$HOME/sommelier/prefixes/elminageGothic/drive_c/GOG/ElminageGothic/Elminage.exe"
Gydion:
"wintricks" instead of "winetricks" (there are several instances of this typo), plus another space that shouldn't be there and a missing slash in the bolded text.
Post edited March 12, 2017 by muntdefems
muntdefems: Ooops, I realized there was a typo in one of my reports: the name of the game is BloodRayne: Betrayal (with a capital R). I've just corrected it. Could you please do the same in post#2?
GOG has this wrong as well. The logo doesn't have the 'R' capitalized anymore, but the small 'r' is obviously wrong (plus the official website writes it normally). Updated.
muntdefems: Also, I spotted a couple of errors in post#1:
Thanks. The wintricks seems a bit familiar. Really don't know why those spaces were there. Fixed.

shmerl: The installer still gives that error in the end, but it's insignificant, and games install OK.
I wasn't concerned about the installer error. The graphical glitches they were seeing is the problem (GPU or OS X likely), but I believe how the forwards were handled changed between the last reported tests & the 2.x builds. Just was double-checking that Bloodlines was unaffected by that.
Post edited March 13, 2017 by Gydion
Has anyone attempted any of the King's Bounty games? I've been curious about Crossworlds onwards.
Projectsonic: Has anyone attempted any of the King's Bounty games? I've been curious about Crossworlds onwards.
Someone has. Very old Wine version though.
JudasIscariot: Game: Stories Untold
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.2-183-gadedebf47a
Does this appear to start and run normally with Wine 2.4? I'm not looking for an entire new test, but basic confirmation that it works with a release build would be great.
Projectsonic: Has anyone attempted any of the King's Bounty games? I've been curious about Crossworlds onwards.
I don't have this from GOG but it seems that I do from Humble, so I thought I'd give them a quick go in case that helps.

I didn't know the order of these games so I started with KingsBounty-ArmoredPrincess-Windows_1375291991.zip and it seemed to run just fine. Played it about an hour with no obvious issues with wine 2.2, using no overrides or other tweaks, proprietary nvidia drivers.

King's Bounty Crossworlds (KingsBounty-CrossworldsGOTY-Windows_1375291990.zip) seems to still suffer from bug #32736, crashing after the intro movies, but the proposed workaround of adding "setf ~cl_menu3d 0" into data/game.ini helped. I started an Armored Princess game and a Defender of the Crown game, but only played a few minutes.

Bug #35223 says you should use a native d3dx9_36 or it will crash at sea tower on the first island.
JudasIscariot: Game: Stories Untold
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.2-183-gadedebf47a
Gydion: Does this appear to start and run normally with Wine 2.4? I'm not looking for an entire new test, but basic confirmation that it works with a release build would be great.
Yes, I just tested the game and it runs just fine in Wine 2.4. Still need to set "d3d11" to "disabled" in winecfg and you still need to run "winetricks quartz" in order to be able to properly play the game.