It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: I have.
Okay, thanks. Too bad it's not working yet.
muntdefems: Game: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Shadowcat: That's excellent, thank you muntdefems.
You're welcome! At the current price I just had to buy it, didn't care much whether it worked or not. :P

Luckily it did, and I guess I'll continue playing it tonight.
muntdefems: Game: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Thank you. The trick with the random sounds made my day.
Shadowcat: That's excellent, thank you muntdefems.
TaxAkla: Thank you. The trick with the random sounds made my day.
Uh-oh... I've just encountered "the Chapter 2 bug". Not everybody seems to get it, and apparently you just have to keep trying until the bug doesn't reproduce anymore. Tried it a couple of times (from the last checkpoint) without any luck. Maybe I have to restart the whole chapter?

Anyway, that'll have to wait till tomorrow. :\
Update on the GalCiv II font issue: if you set your windows version to win98 in Winetricks, the font issue is completely fixed.

So GalCiv II works as it perfectly should now.
Post edited March 09, 2017 by Projectsonic
As I have GalCiv II on disc, I now wonder whether the DRM would work too... :-(

I am happy and amazed to see how fast work on DX11 support for Wine is advancing.
Post edited March 09, 2017 by Themken
Themken: As I have GalCiv II on disc, I now wonder whether the DRM would work too... :-(
I'm afraid to find out how Wine works with GC2's DRM, that's got to be a horror story to work.
Did anyone manage to run Gun in widescreen resolution without stretching?

I modified the registry setting, and it changed game resolution, but aspect ratio still stays messed up. I also used this fix, but it doesn't have any effect.
Post edited March 10, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: Did anyone manage to run Gun in widescreen resolution without stretching?

I modified the registry setting, and it changed game resolution, but aspect ratio still stays messed up. I also used this fix, but it doesn't have any effect.
The widescreen fix worked for me... did you remember to add an override for d3d9 (native, builtin) ?
shmerl: Did anyone manage to run Gun in widescreen resolution without stretching?

adamhm: The widescreen fix worked for me... did you remember to add an override for d3d9 (native, builtin) ?
Ah, thanks! I forgot about the override. It works perfectly now.
adamhm: The widescreen fix worked for me...
Did you manage to save in the game? It just doesn't work for me.

UPDATE: OK, it works erratically (i.e. not every time, but after a few retries, it saves).
Game: BloodRayne: Betrayal
Installer MD5: 567bc8ee9ea258ecd08cd201b6760a32 setup_bloodrayne_betrayal_2.0.0.2.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=33245

Distro: Arch Linux 64 bits
Kernel version: 4.9.11-1
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary, v378.13
Wine version tested: Wine v2.3 Staging with CSMT enabled

Installation: Installed it on a clean 32-bit prefix, without issue. No winetricks needed. Run/create a link to the bloodrayne.exe binary located in the bin directory.

How well does it run: Apparently perfect, though I only played the first level. I got controller support by using koku-xinput-wine.
Post edited March 12, 2017 by muntdefems
Game: Puzzle Agent
Installer MD5: 68155b4aff9aa9e28c107f5b2ff994b5 setup_puzzle_agent_2.0.0.3.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=12388

Distro: Arch Linux 64 bits
Kernel version: 4.9.11-1
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary, v378.13
Wine version tested: Wine v2.3 Staging with CSMT enabled

Installation: Installed it on a clean 32-bit prefix, without issue. No winetricks needed. Run/create a link to the Grickle101.exe binary in the game's base directory.

How well does it run: Perfect, except the loading times between scenes sometimes seemed a bit too long, but couldn't say if this is due to Wine or not.
Tested this with Wineskin and Wine 2.3. El Capitan, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB.

I do not need to make any changes to the INI, and fullscreen at current resolution is near perfect. I did however need to fix the cursors and fonts. After all the Winetricks are done this works perfectly, I didn't run into black models even.

Only one bug: due to the cursor thing, the original game and Warlords have the correct golden pointer. Colonization and Beyond the Sword use the "world spinning" cursor. It's only one cursor throughout the game, and that's a Mac-specific thing. Other than that? It works just about as well as native port. I'll be testing The Authentic Colonization at some point.

Civ III works even better, perfect in fact.
Post edited March 12, 2017 by Projectsonic
adamhm: Game: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Does this still work the same with the newer installer in current Wine and no overrides?
Projectsonic: Tested this with Wineskin and Wine 2.3. El Capitan, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB.
The confirmation is useful. Thanks for that. However there is no reason to quote the entire damned entry. Having which game is useful to see what is being talked about without going back to the earlier post. Feel free to cut the rest of it. It would be nice if you edited it the next time you are around, thanks.
Post edited March 12, 2017 by Gydion