It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does the load menu work properly with GOGs version?

When I have more than 6 saved games I cannot load all of them because the scrolling in the load menu is broken (it scrolls the entries out of the window instead of scrolling through the list). I don't know if that's a problem with my game version or with running the game under Wine though.
eiii: Does the load menu work properly with GOGs version?

When I have more than 6 saved games I cannot load all of them because the scrolling in the load menu is broken (it scrolls the entries out of the window instead of scrolling through the list). I don't know if that's a problem with my game version or with running the game under Wine though.
AFAIK, it does, but then again, I don't think I've ever had more than 6 saved games at any point in time. What version of WINE have you tested with it?
rampancy: AFAIK, it does, but then again, I don't think I've ever had more than 6 saved games at any point in time. What version of WINE have you tested with it?
I've tested it with Wine 1.8.6 and 2.0. But you won't see the problem with less than 6 save files as there will not even be a scrollbar in the load menu. :)

It's not a big problem, I can work around it. But when it would be fixed it would increase my motivation to buy the GOG version. At the moment my motivation is not too high as the GOG release once again misses the German language support.
eiii: Does the load menu work properly with GOGs version?
I have no problems with scrolling in the load game menu in crossover 16.1.0 and I have more than 6 saves.
Silverhawk170485: Could anyone already make Hidden & Dangerous 1 and 2 run properly on Wine? I tried it myself but had graphic glitches like missing/invisible landscape textures. The only thing I found out is, when I use the CX versions of Wine the video with the logo in the back of the main menu isn't stuttering and runs smoothly but the problems with the missing textures presist.
So last night I tried the freeware Deluxe edition of Hidden and Dangerous 1 and the game seems to work just fine on my setup with no discernable issues (Wine 2.2 via Wineskin, OS X 10.11.6, 2013 MacBook Air/Intel HD 5000). Did you try the original version, or the updated Deluxe version?
Silverhawk170485: Could anyone already make Hidden & Dangerous 1 and 2 run properly on Wine? I tried it myself but had graphic glitches like missing/invisible landscape textures. The only thing I found out is, when I use the CX versions of Wine the video with the logo in the back of the main menu isn't stuttering and runs smoothly but the problems with the missing textures presist.
rampancy: So last night I tried the freeware Deluxe edition of Hidden and Dangerous 1 and the game seems to work just fine on my setup with no discernable issues (Wine 2.2 via Wineskin, OS X 10.11.6, 2013 MacBook Air/Intel HD 5000). Did you try the original version, or the updated Deluxe version?
The game version provided here as standard. Not the Deluxe.
rampancy: So last night I tried the freeware Deluxe edition of Hidden and Dangerous 1 and the game seems to work just fine on my setup with no discernable issues (Wine 2.2 via Wineskin, OS X 10.11.6, 2013 MacBook Air/Intel HD 5000). Did you try the original version, or the updated Deluxe version?
The Original Edition seems to be full of missing textures. Tried everything, and different versions of wine and nothing changes
Attachments:
te_lanus: The Original Edition seems to be full of missing textures. Tried everything, and different versions of wine and nothing changes
That's really unfortunate. I don't have the H&D pack myself so I don't have access to the original version. The Deluxe Edition is provided as a free extra for the original game, so you're not completely SOL. There's no fix for the repetitive faces but there is at least a mod to fix the censored content (e.g. Swastikas, etc.)
Game: Stories Untold
Installer MD5: FABCCC40F1E1B03DAD0A0CC0299B3680 setup_stories_untold_32_gog-1_(10163).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: None

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.9.11-1 ARCH
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 970
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 378.13
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.2-183-gadedebf47a

Install notes:

You will need to set "d3d11" to "disabled" in Wine's configuration menu and you will need to run "winetricks quartz" in order to a) force the game to use DirectX 9 and b) be able to actually play the game.

Also, I linked the 32-bit installer in the MD5 section as I have encountered issues with the 64-bit version so YMMV.

How well does it run

I played 3 out of the 4 stories in the game and I did not experience a crash. I highly recommend playing this in full screen as windowed mode tends to cut off some text here and there, not a lot but enough to be noticeable.

Update:

The game works just as well in Wine 2.4 with the same winecfg settings and winetricks quartz.
Post edited March 20, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Game: Stories Untold
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.2-git
Thanks. Perhaps a git describe would be useful here? Assuming it does what I think.
Does this not work as well against Wine 2.2? Tagged releases are more useful to use for most others as they typically won't have a master build handy.
igrok: I have no problems with scrolling in the load game menu in crossover 16.1.0 and I have more than 6 saves.
So this problem seems to be fixed in the GOG version. Thank you!
JudasIscariot: Game: Stories Untold
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.2-git
Gydion: Thanks. Perhaps a git describe would be useful here? Assuming it does what I think.
Does this not work as well against Wine 2.2? Tagged releases are more useful to use for most others as they typically won't have a master build handy.
Added the git describe result :)

Hmmm I am not sure, I do know that we're about 4 days away from another WIne development release so folks with Wine 2.3 will have all the fixes :)

I can check later, of course :)
Who's going to test Dying Light?
Spy_Gentleman: Game: BloodRayne 2
Wine version(s) tested:
Wine 2.1 via PlayOnLinux
Wine Staging 2.1 via PlayOnLinux
Do not replace the cutscene.dll with the newer one from [urlhttp://www.coopdb.com/modules.php?name=BR2fsaa&op=Download=]Bloodrayne 2 FSAA Patch[/url]...
Not sure if you have been busy, but format still needs to be fixed (times). Alternatively, you can switch it to the shorter form. Only list the primary version you tested with and simply mention the other versions that seem to work in the extra notes area.

The URL seems to have been clobbered during the last edit: Bloodrayne 2 FSAA Patch
Post edited March 02, 2017 by Gydion
Game: Mount & Blade: Warband

Installer MD5:
a107e68f139bee92033eeb7b23d93b01 setup_mount_and_blade_warband_2.6.0.16.exe

WineHQ AppDB:
Apparently there are two entries for this game.
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=33659
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=29064

Distro: Arch Linux 64-bit
Kernel: 4.9.11-1-ARCH
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition
Graphics driver: amdgpu 1.2.0-2 (Open Source), mesa 17.0.0-2
Wine: 2.2-1 (Staging with CSMT), works fine without CSMT as well. 32-bit is required!

Install notes:
Yes, a native Linux port for this game exists. However, it isn't a particularly stable one and causes major issues on many systems, especially non-Ubuntu-based distributions, like Arch Linux. This mostly stems from the need for old 32-bit libraries, which have to be manually placed in the game's folder when using something other than Ubuntu and friends and even then it doesn't work perfectly.
Running the game through Wine is an inconvenience, but rewarded with a better experience.

The installation of the game works as usual, absolutely no problems.
A 32-bit prefix is required, the game won't run with 64-bit. The following tweaks must be applied per winetricks:
directx9, vcrun2008, vcrun2010, vcrun2012, d3dcompiler_36, d3dcompiler_43.
directx9 is needed, d3dx9 won't suffice.
Disabling the intro video causes crashes at start-up sometimes, so don't disable it. It's just a few seconds long anyway.

How well does it run?
Very good, the game itself is a bit buggy, but that's not OS specific.
Post edited March 04, 2017 by Urnoev