It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Switching drivers in Arch isn't that bad, I recently switched from ATI open source to amdgpu open source. Just follow the Wiki exactly and you'll be fine.
Older drivers however... I've never tried it, but since Arch is a cutting edge distro... I see many, many problems. :D
Spy_Gentleman: Game: Cultures 2 - The Gates of Asgard
How well does it run: Perfectly
* While the game uses DirectMusic for playing music. It does not work despite having directmusic component installed. Checked other ones and so far the music does not work.
So, not perfectly. ;)
What does the console output look like (debug output)? Also, does this not work anymore?
-DirectMusic support, music can be played by setting it to "Audio CD" in the options dialogue of the game.
Post edited February 10, 2017 by Gydion
rampancy: Game: Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete
Wine version(s) tested:
wine-staging 2.0-rc5 (2.0 hours) via Wineskin
Could you also link to the older report at the end of yours? I would find it helpful if CSMT would be specified in the Wine line, thanks.
Damn. Also, the above^. Older report.

muntdefems: Game: Mount & Blade
How well does it run: Almost perfect, except for the character shadows, that looked like in the attached image no matter what I tried (DirectX 7 or DirectX 9, different shadow quality, shaders on or off...)
You try with winetricks d3dcompiler_36 d3dx9_36 or the like?
Post edited February 10, 2017 by Gydion
JudasIscariot: I was using the same driver for the Arch version of Wine 1.7.24 and 2.0/2.1, though. As for switching drivers in Arch...I am not sure.
Actually before you play with that I wonder if this may be somewhat related: Civilization III Complete shows black terrain (Wine compiled with OSMesa support) also uses OpenGl.
I'm testing The Witcher 3 in wine-staging 2.1, and now the starting menu works without corruption when CSMT is enabled. But I never managed to get any intro videos, and there aren't any obvious errors in the log either. Can anyone please confirm that intro videos work (or also not work)?

The strange thing is, I saw people claiming that intro videos are working they didn't use any overrides. If find it confusing, since it never worked for me. I'm using RX 480 / Mesa 13.0.3 (same happens with mesa master really).

If it works for you, and for example you have an Nvidia blob, may be it's Mesa related?
Post edited February 10, 2017 by shmerl
JudasIscariot: I was using the same driver for the Arch version of Wine 1.7.24 and 2.0/2.1, though. As for switching drivers in Arch...I am not sure.
Gydion: Actually before you play with that I wonder if this may be somewhat related: Civilization III Complete shows black terrain (Wine compiled with OSMesa support) also uses OpenGl.
This is my terminal output when I run either Caladrius Blaze or Raiden IV. As you can see, it doesn't match the output in the bug report you linked and I *think* Wine on Arch was always compiled with Mesa support so it makes no sense to me why 1.7.24 would work but later versions wouldn't :/
shmerl: I'm testing The Witcher 3 in wine-staging 2.1, and now the starting menu works without corruption when CSMT is enabled. But I never managed to get any intro videos, and there aren't any obvious errors in the log either. Can anyone please confirm that intro videos work (or also not work)?

The strange thing is, I saw people claiming that intro videos are working they didn't use any overrides. If find it confusing, since it never worked for me. I'm using RX 480 / Mesa 13.0.3 (same happens with mesa master really).

If it works for you, and for example you have an Nvidia blob, may be it's Mesa related?
Doesn't work for me and I have no overrides listed in winecfg and I use the proprietary Nvidia blob on my machine.
Spy_Gentleman: Game: Cultures 2 - The Gates of Asgard
How well does it run: Perfectly
* While the game uses DirectMusic for playing music. It does not work despite having directmusic component installed. Checked other ones and so far the music does not work.
Gydion: So, not perfectly. ;)
What does the console output look like (debug output)? Also, does this not work anymore?

-DirectMusic support, music can be played by setting it to "Audio CD" in the options dialogue of the game.
Gydion:
D-oh! Missed this part while copying my previous post and modifying it. But anyways I've just ran a debug without the directmusic installed 1st

http://pastebin.com/nUGSktbt

Of course the music does not work, as the log mentions about DirectMusic, so I went ahead and installed the component. Now here's a surprise.

Afaik the log does not complain about the DirectMusic since it is installed. But there's still no music.

http://pastebin.com/HSEGM9sq

Also no, the switch to "Audio CD" does not work. Most likely because the tests which mentioned it, was in retail version.
Post edited February 10, 2017 by Spy_Gentleman
Sigh. The rainbow textures bug is still present in Xanadu Next under vanilla WINE 2.1. Maybe wine-staging 2.1 has a fix...
rampancy: Sigh. The rainbow textures bug is still present in Xanadu Next under vanilla WINE 2.1. Maybe wine-staging 2.1 has a fix...
It doesn't, I already tried :)
JudasIscariot: Doesn't work for me and I have no overrides listed in winecfg and I use the proprietary Nvidia blob on my machine.
Thanks for the confirmation!
muntdefems: Game: Mount & Blade
How well does it run: Almost perfect, except for the character shadows, that looked like in the attached image no matter what I tried (DirectX 7 or DirectX 9, different shadow quality, shaders on or off...)
Gydion: You try with winetricks d3dcompiler_36 d3dx9_36 or the like?
No I didn't. I've done it now, and shadows are fine! (with d3dcompiler_43 and d3dx9_43). I'm going to update my report.
FYI: To make intro videos work in TW3, you can install xact_jun2010 with winetricks.
Post edited February 10, 2017 by shmerl
JudasIscariot: This is my terminal output when I run either Caladrius Blaze or Raiden IV. As you can see, it doesn't match the output in the bug report you linked and I *think* Wine on Arch was always compiled with Mesa support so it makes no sense to me why 1.7.24 would work but later versions wouldn't :/
Well yeah, but I didn't think they are using the same calls. In which case the terminal output wouldn't match. They may not be directly related anyway. Still, the question is do you have black terrain with Civ III? The old Arch 1.7.24 is compiled & linked against the older versions of the different libraries at the time, including Mesa, vs your 1.7.24 which is using all the latest versions. Could also be a change in how NVIDIA is handling some OpenGl calls.
Post edited February 11, 2017 by Gydion
Spy_Gentleman: Afaik the log does not complain about the DirectMusic since it is installed. But there's still no music.
I would say so. You might try a Staging build with the winmm override assuming 2 also uses it. No idea why Cultures works with mainline Wine as that patch is still Staged?