It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Spy_Gentleman: Game: Carmageddon 2
Are you using CSMT with this?
The AppDB link for this game is actually: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6886

Ganni1987: Nice find shmerl, I've been trying the same thing with a few games lately, namely Trails in the Sky 1st Chapter, no luck so far and it doesn't seem to be a codec issue.
The last patch changed the game playback code for the videos and I think how the videos are encoded. They have been broken in Wine since. IIRC, they are also broken for quite a few people in Windows (SC videos in particular).
Post edited November 27, 2016 by Gydion
Game: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
Installer MD5s:
7ca973cd729b14374c1b850ca2f9daed setup_van_helsing_final_cut_2.0.0.5-1.bin
06fdbebee3bb0c2b25641a5c8413d9af setup_van_helsing_final_cut_2.0.0.5-2.bin
160967217ba0e1adc2a5864d3686c891 setup_van_helsing_final_cut_2.0.0.5-3.bin
eaa65b2aef558d97e9c36ae07c1fc615 setup_van_helsing_final_cut_2.0.0.5-4.bin
1bebc99131392f818b4c776f4ca920a7 setup_van_helsing_final_cut_2.0.0.5-5.bin
00c2d12a35211d7261ef64463a19b29b setup_van_helsing_final_cut_2.0.0.5.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: (none yet)
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing-final-cut

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-47
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 375.20
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.23 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.1.0

Install notes: Install & play (install DirectX 9 Modern in CrossOver)
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "VanHelsing.exe"
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Quick re-test & modified repost of my earlier report as this no longer requires native xact with newer Wine versions. All seems to run perfectly, but I have only played the game for a short while so far, using the OpenGL renderer and max settings (but did not test the textures DLC - haven't downloaded that yet). Tested with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled (not that CSMT will make much difference using OpenGL). If playing with virtual desktop enabled then you must set the virtual desktop to the resolution you want to play the game at.

Also see vanchann's report
Post edited November 27, 2016 by adamhm
Spy_Gentleman: Game: Carmageddon 2
Gydion: Are you using CSMT with this?
The AppDB link for this game is actually: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6886
Shoot, I knew i've forgotten about something. Updated my report.
shmerl: vc1 was the culprit, and they just replaced it with more common wmv2.
Hmm, I don't have Two Worlds but now I started wondering if re-encoding videos with a better-working codec might help other games too. As suggested in a bug report, I recently used ffmpeg to flip all the videos of Her Story upside down, because thats what wine would do to them.

I think I have some title that breaks at video, wonder what codecs generally work well and are supported for encoding..
shmerl: vc1 was the culprit, and they just replaced it with more common wmv2.
Rixasha: Hmm, I don't have Two Worlds but now I started wondering if re-encoding videos with a better-working codec might help other games too. As suggested in a bug report, I recently used ffmpeg to flip all the videos of Her Story upside down, because thats what wine would do to them.

I think I have some title that breaks at video, wonder what codecs generally work well and are supported for encoding..
I've wondered the same thing some weeks ago, and I'm pretty positive it will come handy with some games. :)
Game: Deathtrap Dungeon
Installer MD5: 8441a2a98df9c9799156b746bc856aa8 setup_deathtrap_dungeon_2.1.0.13.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10205
CodeWeavers link: None

Distro: Arch Linux 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.8.10-1 Zen
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240M
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.98-4
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.23-1 via PlayOnLinux

Install notes: It may show error at the end of GOG installation but ignore it.

How well does it run: Almost Perfectly

Details:

* You must use the Launch Deathtrap Dungeon LNK file to run the game properly, but since POL breaks these files after adding it, follow this guide to fix it. For setup use DDCONF.exe.

* Played the 1st mission and the only thing that will stand in your way are random crashes.

* Using Direct3D mode you won't be able to play the game at 800x600.

* nGlide works perfectly fine
Game: Downwell
Installer MD5: 312D96E7FB9BFA3269BD7D3E043F8771 setup_downwell_drmfree_20161119_(7980).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17530

Distro: Antergos Linux 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.8.10-ARCH
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.24

Install notes: Make sure to run "winetricks d3dcompiler_43" as the game will crash without it.

How well does it run: Perfectly with the keyboard. Could not get controller support working for it, though.

Details:

Tested the game several times all the way up to the third world.
Game: Gex
7d4c95a0b711a5671da905aade947627 setup_gex_2.0.0.5.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=14127

Distro: Arch Linux 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.8.10-1 Zen
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240M
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.98-4
Wine version(s) tested: Wine and Wine Staging 1.9.23-1 via PlayOnLinux

Install notes: It may show error at the end of GOG installation but ignore it.

How well does it run: Perfectly

Details:
* Tested few levels and the game works perfectly fine.

* Pause Menu works without any issues.

* Cutscenes always play at fixed resolution and is downscaled on higher than it's current one.

* Tested with virtual desktop on. Works fine but I still recommend running the game with it's own windowed mode settings (That also works)
Post edited December 13, 2016 by Spy_Gentleman
Good news, I finally managed to get Way of the Samurai 4 working with what I think might be full controller support :D

The only issue I have is writing out the instructions to do so :P
JudasIscariot: Good news, I finally managed to get Way of the Samurai 4 working with what I think might be full controller support :D

Sounds like me getting Interstate 82 running, I got it to run, but can't reproduce it :(
JudasIscariot: Good news, I finally managed to get Way of the Samurai 4 working with what I think might be full controller support :D

te_lanus: Sounds like me getting Interstate 82 running, I got it to run, but can't reproduce it :(
Oh I can reproduce running Way of the Samurai 4, I just don't feel like writing out the lengthy instructions to do so atm :D
Game: Tempest
Installer MD5: 841f5d2dd8c9466a70d95484cc55d9eb setup_tempest_2.0.0.5.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: Soon
Distro: Ubuntu Mate 16.04 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-45-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 304.131
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.22 via PlayOnLinux,

Install notes: Install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut from "tempest.exe"
How well does it run: pretty well, finished the tutorial,
Attachments:
Not a GOG game (...yet?) but it is DRM-free with a standalone installer on the Humble Store. Perhaps add a separate section for DRM-free games that aren't on GOG?

Game: BioShock (Humble Store DRM-free version)
Installer MD5: c082bf7493bb9f36d502a4b531dd867f BioShock_windows_1403902838.rar
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=5695
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/bioshock

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-51
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.23 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.3.1

Install notes: Needs override for d3d10 (disabled) otherwise it'll crash instantly.
Recommend setting UseGLSL = disabled for improved performance
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut for "Bioshock.exe"
How well does it run: Almost perfect
Details: Have done a complete playthrough, the game runs great & with no sign of any major problems but sometimes crashes on exit.

Changing the display resolution does not apply properly - you will need to exit & restart the game for changes to apply properly. I also had an issue when trying to set it to use my display's full resolution: immediately after trying to set the display resolution all I could see was my desktop (the game itself was invisible). To work around this I had to set the resolution manually by editing Bioshock.ini (found in the prefix under c:\users\<username>\Application Data\Bioshock) and changing the lines:

FullscreenViewportX=
FullscreenViewportY=

to match my display's resolution. After doing that it works more or less perfectly. Tested with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled. If running with virtual desktop enabled you will also need to set "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows".
Post edited December 20, 2016 by adamhm
adamhm: Not a GOG game (...yet?) but it is DRM-free with a standalone installer on the Humble Store. Perhaps add a separate section for DRM-free games that aren't on GOG?
I don't mind the report here, but I'm not planning on tracking non-GOG games in this thread as it's specifically for "asking does GOG GAME run in Wine?"
JudasIscariot: Oh I can reproduce running Way of the Samurai 4, I just don't feel like writing out the lengthy instructions to do so atm :D
Two days later...

Hey, didn't Xanadu Next have an update. Likely it did not fix the rainbow colours, but that bug report doesn't even have any useful logs attached to it. How am I supposed to demand patch from you if you haven't identified the problem yet?
Post edited December 01, 2016 by Gydion
I submitted test results for Two Worlds to Wine AppDB, but they are still sitting in the queue there. I'll post the link here once they'll be processed.