It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eiii: Has anyone tried Waking Mars on Linux/Wine yet? It does not even have a WineHQ appdb entry.
muntdefems: Probably because there is a native Linux version of this game?
Yes, there is and it's available DRM-free on Humble Bundle.
eiii: Has anyone tried Waking Mars on Linux/Wine yet? It does not even have a WineHQ appdb entry.
For you, I just installed and ran on wine the version from Humble that I downloaded some time ago. Version 1.2.1. Played it for about 10-15 minutes with no obvious issues, so I think it probably works just fine. But, like others noted, Humble has a DRM-free Linux version too so you don't need wine.

Oh, it didn't initially start up, but that's because I normally have the SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa environment variable set and theres no alsa in windows. I've ran into that before so once I noticed the game is built on SDL I knew to unset it.
muntdefems: Probably because there is a native Linux version of this game?
vanchann: Yes, there is and it's available DRM-free on Humble Bundle.
Rixasha: For you, I just installed and ran on wine the version from Humble that I downloaded some time ago. Version 1.2.1. Played it for about 10-15 minutes with no obvious issues, so I think it probably works just fine. But, like others noted, Humble has a DRM-free Linux version too so you don't need wine.
Sad to hear that Waking Mars is yet another game where the Linux version is missing on GOG. :( No wonder the game has no entry on WineHQ when there's a native Linux version available (elsewhere). Thank you for trying it out for me on Wine! :) I'm not sure though if I will buy it and hope the Linux version gets added later as GOG probably won't tell us why the Linux version is missing. And there are already too many games with missing Linux versions here.
Rixasha: For you, I just installed and ran on wine the version from Humble that I downloaded some time ago. Version 1.2.1. Played it for about 10-15 minutes with no obvious issues, so I think it probably works just fine. But, like others noted, Humble has a DRM-free Linux version too so you don't need wine.
eiii: Sad to hear that Waking Mars is yet another game where the Linux version is missing on GOG. :( No wonder the game has no entry on WineHQ when there's a native Linux version available (elsewhere). Thank you for trying it out for me on Wine! :) I'm not sure though if I will buy it and hope the Linux version gets added later as GOG probably won't tell us why the Linux version is missing. And there are already too many games with missing Linux versions here.
Maybe if you press them long enough they might find the time to add it. Otherwise the best way is to contact the developer about it. Since there's already a DRM-Free build on HB it shouldn't be too hard to get here,

On a side note: GOG finally added the Linux version for Fez.
eiii: I'm not sure though if I will buy it and hope the Linux version gets added later as GOG probably won't tell us why the Linux version is missing. And there are already too many games with missing Linux versions here.
Well, both Bastion and Fez got their Linux versions added as of late. One can never lose hope...
Game: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum!
Installer MD5: 0efb0a51c9edba3699e657d929c88d4f setup_rollercoaster_tycoon3_2.1.0.16.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2600
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/rollercoaster-tycoon-3

Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.13.0-32
Graphics card: AMD RX 480 8GB
Graphics driver & version: Open source, with Mesa 17.3.2 from Padoka's stable Mesa PPA
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.0 (with CSMT enabled)

Install notes: For music & intro videos to work this requires devenum, quartz and wmp9
In addition you need to get a native version of qedit.dll (this can be acquired from dxnt.cab in the DirectX feb2010 installer - directx_feb2010_redist.exe) and place it inside the prefix under c:\windows\system32\ then add an override for qedit (native, builtin) - if using CrossOver then you only need to add the override.

Run the game from/create a shortcut for "RCT3plus.exe"
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Have played through some of the tutorials and played for a while in both sandbox and career mode - all appears to work fine and it runs great.

Widescreen support:
I found it necessary to set the display resolution manually as per the details on WSGF:
It only allows you to select widescreen resolutions if it detects your monitor as supporting them. Though you can get around this by editing Options.txt in your C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Atari\RCT3\ folder, and adding the line Resolution X Y, replacing X with desired width and Y with height.
Wine wrapper
I have put together a Linux Wine wrapper for this game. For more information, see the release thread in the game's forum: https://www.gog.com/forum/rollercoaster_tycoon_series/rollercoaster_tycoon_3_for_linux
Post edited February 08, 2018 by adamhm
Game: Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure - Director's Cut
Installer MD5: 859e1dd5cc918d742c73b10d7ab1529c setup_jack_orlando_dc_2.0.0.2.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18938

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.8.7-1 ARCH
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 375.10
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.23

Install notes: No winetricks needed, just run the installer.
How well does it run: Almost perfect
Details: you may want to run this one in a virtual desktop if your OS cannot handle switching back to your native resolution but other than that, the game runs perfectly. Sound works, saving and loading works, gameplay is perfect.

Also, when playing the game in full screen with no virtual desktop enabled, be sure to focus the main menu by moving your mouse pointer around until you have the game properly centered. Once you're in the game proper, you won't have to worry about moving your mouse pointer beyond the game's boundaries and the game will be firmly locked in place.
Game: Way of the Red
Installer MD5: f08f7e886a33f2b71f82c154c91ef978 setup_way_of_the_red_2.0.0.2.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: Soon
CodeWeavers link: None
Distro: Ubuntu Mate 16.04 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-45-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 304.131
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.22 via PlayOnLinux,

Install notes: Install & play. Needs DX9 installed
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut for "BFSCALEexe"
How well does it run: pretty well, only played a bit, but couldn't get it to get my xbox360 controller to work :(
Youtube Video https://youtu.be/VGpIXxDTLqE (no sound, recorder didn't record any)
Post edited November 17, 2016 by te_lanus
I noticed that GOG got Wine wrapped Linux release of Two Worlds. I just managed to run winecfg from there, to see what overrides were used (a whole bunch!). I'll try installing Two Worlds in regular Wine with POL, and will try to reproduce those overrides. I'll write back here how it works.
Post edited November 20, 2016 by shmerl
This is about Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition. Just followed this guide and added the latest wine-stagging 1.9.23. Runs perfectly so far. No graphics bugs and great fps.
Linux Mint 18 64 bits. GTX 650
http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/threads/darksiders-2-guide.1840/
Apparently WINE 1.9.23 has fixed the 3D graphics bug with Xanadu Next. I'm downloading the game right now and will report back soon (if anyone hasn't yet).

Edit: Well, I'm dumb. I clearly let my excitement get the better of me. It turns out the bug was an issue with 3D models that was fixed in staging. The rainbow textures bug has not been fixed, and according to the AppDB isn't even listed as confirmed yet.

I'm really hoping there's some kind of fix or workaround I can use. I'd really like to get this game working.
Post edited November 21, 2016 by rampancy
Game: Falcon 4.0
Installer MD5: 9a9fff4394999b4a04642a47427f3c06 setup_falcon_4_2.0.0.1.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: (none)
CodeWeavers link: (none)

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-47
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 375.20
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.23 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.3.1

Install notes: Install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut for "falcon4.exe"
How well does it run: Very well
Details: Have only had a quick look at this but it seems to run very well, except that the intro video doesn't play properly (sound but no video). Tested with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled.

Falcon BMS mod/update:
There is a community maintained mod/update called "Falcon BMS" which features a lot of improvements. I haven't tested this myself but according to the WineHQ reports it looks like it should run well.

Find out more at https://www.bmsforum.org/
adamhm: Falcon BMS mod/update:
There is a community maintained mod/update called "Falcon BMS" which features a lot of improvements. I haven't tested this myself but according to the WineHQ reports it looks like it should run well.

Find out more at https://www.bmsforum.org/
Everything I've read or seen suggested says you should try it. Haven't picked up the collection yet myself as I'm sure I wouldn't have played it yet.

Sidenote: I despise the new AppDB layout.
rampancy: Edit: Well, I'm dumb. I clearly let my excitement get the better of me. It turns out the bug was an issue with 3D models that was fixed in staging. The rainbow textures bug has not been fixed, and according to the AppDB isn't even listed as confirmed yet.
Yeah, two different bugs as you realized. Judas needs to get off his butt and get some help to debug the issue (#winehackers or something). Believe the extent it has been debugged so far is it's a D3D8 game?
Post edited November 23, 2016 by Gydion
shmerl: I noticed that GOG got Wine wrapped Linux release of Two Worlds. I just managed to run winecfg from there, to see what overrides were used (a whole bunch!). I'll try installing Two Worlds in regular Wine with POL, and will try to reproduce those overrides. I'll write back here how it works.
For me Two Worlds runs quite well out of the box. The only tweak I had to apply was strictdrawordering=enabled to fix the landscape rendering. There are still a few occasional rendering glitches left, but nothing to worry about. I've already played the game for more than 120 hours and the only problem I run into were a few crashes in very long playing sessions (after 10+ hours as far as I remember). But they were not really a problem as the game auto-saves every 5 minutes.
eiii: For me Two Worlds runs quite well out of the box. The only tweak I had to apply was strictdrawordering=enabled to fix the landscape rendering. There are still a few occasional rendering glitches left, but nothing to worry about. I've already played the game for more than 120 hours and the only problem I run into were a few crashes in very long playing sessions (after 10+ hours as far as I remember). But they were not really a problem as the game auto-saves every 5 minutes.
I had various issues with it, including intro videos not working. The list of overrides is quite useful to figure out what's missing in the stock Wine.
Post edited November 23, 2016 by shmerl