It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Game: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Installer MD5: 91fe864e761e6d389d7eb332214c72a6 setup_abes_exoddus_2.0.0.4.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=235
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/oddworld-abes-exoddus

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-45
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 370.28
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.22 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.3.1

Install notes: Install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "Exoddus.exe"
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Have only played for a short time but all seems to work fine. Tested with virtual desktop enabled.
Has anyone tried <span class="bold">The Void</span> under Linux/Wine yet?
Game: Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Installer MD5: ddf345faceeebdeff5af46c7d1a93edf setup_oddworld_munchs_oddysee_2.0.0.3.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&amp;iId=13292
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/oddworld-munchs-oddysee

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-45
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 370.28
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.22 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.3.1

Install notes: Requires devenum, quartz and wmp9 (If using CrossOver, install DirectX 9 for Pre-Windows XP Games and Media Player Sound Engine 9)
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "Munch.exe"
Details: Played for a while, all seems to work fine. Tested with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled.
adamhm: Game: Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Just to double check, you haven't had any issues with video playback/cutscenes in any of the Oddworld games?
No, all seems to work smoothly so far
Game: Alien Shooter + Expansions
Installer MD5: 09dfbb9c5b93c71f42eae46d663cc10e setup_alien_shooter_2.1.0.5.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG
CodeWeavers link: Retail

Distro: Ubuntu Mate 16.04 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-45-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 304.131
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.22 via PlayOnLinux,

Install notes: Install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, start the game from/create shortcut for "AlienShooter.exe"
How well does it run: pretty well, only played the first three missions (before I died) and works with no over-rides or any extra installs needed
eiii: Has anyone tried <span class="bold">The Void</span> under Linux/Wine yet?
It works flawlessly in wine 1.8 on a computer with an Nvidia video card. I currently have many components installed via winetricks, so I can't tell whether the game needs any specific overrides. I can try to test it later in a clean prefix.

Edit: what is necessary is to install d3dx9_36 in winetricks and Nvidia physx (which is installed by the game) and then disable HDR and enable VSync in game configuration. These settings are not necessary in crossover, but it still requires DirectX 9 for Pre-Windows XP Games to be installed.

However, winehq mentions that there is a bug in the game when moving to other chambers, which makes it unplayable. I haven't played (survived) far enough to confirm it.
Post edited November 08, 2016 by igrok
Game: Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
Installer MD5s:
c2631fb4f99aeb81c1c702523f81f0d3 setup_oddworld_strangers_wrath_hd_2.1.0.12.bin
de3a2e8b90abf1556956cb44da5be68b setup_oddworld_strangers_wrath_hd_2.1.0.12.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: (doesn't seem to be one yet)
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/oddworld-strangers-wrath

Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.15.0-13
Graphics card: AMD RX 480 8GB
Graphics driver & version: Open source, with Mesa 18 from Padoka's stable Mesa PPA
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.0 (with CSMT enabled)

Install notes: Requires vcrun2008
Run the game from/create a shortcut for "Launcher.exe". Can also run the game from stranger.exe directly, but this should be done after configuring the game through the launcher.
Details: I played for a while using an earlier version of Wine on my old system and it seems to run perfectly - in fact this game actually ran much better in Wine than it does on my Win7 install. It still seems to run great, although I've found that it doesn't render properly on systems using the open graphics drivers.

If running the game with virtual desktop enabled, you must also set "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows".

Note that there is a game bug where the player has movement issues, to the point of sometimes being unable to move; enabling Vsync should fix this (if not, try GPU Sync and/or setting Max FPS to a value no higher than 60).

Wine wrapper
I have put together a Linux Wine wrapper for this game. For more information, see the release thread in the game's forum: https://www.gog.com/forum/oddworld_series/oddworld_strangers_wrath_hd_for_linux
Post edited April 14, 2018 by adamhm
igrok: Edit: what is necessary is to install d3dx9_36 in winetricks and Nvidia physx (which is installed by the game) and then disable HDR and enable VSync in game configuration. These settings are not necessary in crossover, but it still requires DirectX 9 for Pre-Windows XP Games to be installed.

However, winehq mentions that there is a bug in the game when moving to other chambers, which makes it unplayable. I haven't played (survived) far enough to confirm it.
Thanks! I've tried it myself meanwhile. The game for me also requires the installation of d3dx9_36, otherwise it crashes on start. I had not to change anything else with Wine 1.8.5, but probably also have not survived long enough to really test it. :)
Post edited November 08, 2016 by eiii
I thought I'd drop a small note about Her Story. It's all about little video clips, and they don't play.

Well they did with wine staging 1.9.22, winetricks quartz, and the I420 VFW Compressor/Decompressor linked to in the bug report, but for some reason they are upside down and without sound. The video files are not hidden in any way (no peeking though!) so I did the suggested workaround of re-encoding them upside down to correct for that. Couldn't get the audio to play.

I wish it had worked better. There is a subtitle so the audio was not needed, but it was surely diminished without.
Anyone tried Killing Time in WINE?
rampancy: Anyone tried Killing Time in WINE?
It's a no-go. still suffer from the bug where it is completely black
Has anyone tried Waking Mars on Linux/Wine yet? It does not even have a WineHQ appdb entry.
Post edited November 11, 2016 by eiii
low rated
Let's keep it CIVIL.
eiii: Has anyone tried Waking Mars on Linux/Wine yet? It does not even have a WineHQ appdb entry.
Probably because there is a native Linux version of this game?