It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eiii: I also have a few more games which do not have reports in this thread yet:
- Jack Keane (https://appdb.winehq.org
[...]
The 2nd Jack Keane game unfortunately has graphics problems under Wine which makes it unplayable. Does the first Jack Keane run better?
I've written a tutorial on how to fix the graphics bug in Jack Keane 1, maybe it also works for 2:
https://www.gog.com/forum/jack_keane_series/jack_keane_linuxwine_graphics_fix/post1
Klumpen0815: I've written a tutorial on how to fix the graphics bug in Jack Keane 1, maybe it also works for 2:
https://www.gog.com/forum/jack_keane_series/jack_keane_linuxwine_graphics_fix/post1
Unfortunately this fix does not work for Jack Keane 2, the screen is mostly white now with a lot of flickering black tiles on it. But I've seen on WineHQ that the bug seems to be fixed in Wine 4.19.
question to innoextract users. How do you unpack games with multiple files and dlcs correctly?
E.g, lets say, I wanna use it to extract files of grim dawn. Game has one main exe and few bins for itself. Plus few exes for its dlcs.
Should I extract main exe and then dlcs, one after another? (iirc bins should be picked up automatically) Or dlcs will be extracted together with main game files, if they will present in same folder?
igrok: The game is playable, although as I said some screens or parts of them get garbled (just tested in a clean prefix with Wine 4.0).
It seems Caladrius Blaze problem with rendering on AMD graphics was due to bugs in amdgpu driver which are fixed in newer linux kernels. I have no graphical issues when playing it on 5.4.2.
igrok: linux kernels 5.4.2.
THAT is VERY new.
Themken: THAT is VERY new.
I was on 4.19.* before, so probably a version in between also works. :)
Kero Blaster works out of box on wine 4.18. Gamepad works too (except for shoulders plus there is no vibration, but I assume its just game itself that was designed this way)
Klumpen0815: I've written a tutorial on how to fix the graphics bug in Jack Keane 1, maybe it also works for 2:
eiii: Unfortunately this fix does not work for Jack Keane 2, the screen is mostly white now with a lot of flickering black tiles on it. But I've seen on WineHQ that the bug seems to be fixed in Wine 4.19.
I have upgraded to WINE 4.21 now and everything but the menu or descriptive text is black.
The only time I saw something was after clicking "new game", then it showed me graphics until I loaded the save state I made then.

Apparently it needs special teaks that don't work on proprietary graphics drivers:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32552

Requires Gallium on Nine patches (https://github.com/sarnex/wine-d3d9-patches) to avoid graphics corruption, which otherwise makes the game unplayable. This means the game won't be playable on proprietary drivers, and you'll likely have to compile Mesa yourself as well to enable Nine support. Played in windowed mode at 1600x1200 with maximum graphics detail on a Fury X with Mesa 17.0.0-devel (git-5bcafc933c) - a very recent git master build compiled with LLVM 3.9.0. Everything rendered perfectly, no audio issues, and load times were fast.
Post edited December 09, 2019 by Klumpen0815
Some recent results:
Fight'n Rage - doesnt work, returns following error:
0009:err:module:fixup_imports_ilonly mscoree.dll not found, IL-only binary L"FIGHT_N_RAGE.exe" cannot be loaded
0009:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Importing dlls for L"\\\\?\\unix\\home\\user\\.games\\GOG\\fightn_rage\\FIGHT_N_RAGE.exe" failed, status c0000135
Ghost 1.0 - game executes, but sound in main menu glitches every second second (pun intended). Didnt go further, coz its annoying as hell.
Just a heads up that GOG's Hexplore package works out of the box with 64bit wine-5.0-rc1 (Staging) in Linux. :)

---

If you want to play Submarine Titans in Linux:
It works in a clean 32bit WINE 3.20 prefix, you just have to wait for the intro videos to finish, if you want to see them (you won't), drag them to the top left corner of the screen or use a virtual desktop.

Remember to change the screen settings in the game to 1280x1024, although it's an RTS from the year 2000, it actually supports that resolution and still looks stunning to this day.
Post edited December 21, 2019 by Klumpen0815
I can also confirm (without much testing) that DethKarz and Arabian Nights work without any problems on wine 4.0.2.
igrok: I can also confirm (without much testing) that DethKarz and Arabian Nights work without any problems on wine 4.0.2.
how did you manage to run dethkarz? On wine 4.21 it segfaults with following errors:
0009:err:module:import_dll Library _INMM.dll (which is needed by L"unix\\home\\user\\.games\\GOG\\dethkarz\\Dethkarz.exe") not found
0009:err:module:import_dll Library IFORCE2.dll (which is needed by L"unix\\home\\user\\.games\\GOG\\dethkarz\\Dethkarz.exe") not found
0009:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Importing dlls for L"\\\\?\\unix\\home\\user\\.games\\GOG\\dethkarz\\Dethkarz.exe" failed, status c0000135
But I've used innoextract to unpack it, maybe thats the issue
Game: DethKarz
Installer MD5s: setup_dethkarz_1.0_(22427).exe = 1047299de47e9dec60c1f0fed4b33f8e
WineHQ AppDB link: 1.00
CodeWeavers link: n/a

Distro: Slackware 64 Current (14.2+)
Desktop: KDE 4.14.38
Kernel version: x86_64 Linux 5.4.6
Graphics card: Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.35.0, 5.4.6, LLVM 9.0.0)
Wine version(s) tested: wine 4.0.2

Install notes:

Just install normally with wine setup_dethkarz_1.0_(22427).exe.

How well does it run:

The game works in a clean 64 bit prefix without any overrides or additional steps. I played a few levels without any problem. Gamepad is also supported (I tested with Logitech F310). I haven't tested the multiplayer mode yet. Note that the intro is quite flashy, so not good for anyone with epilepsy issues.
Post edited December 23, 2019 by igrok
Gekko_Dekko: But I've used innoextract to unpack it, maybe thats the issue
Have you tried installing it into a clean prefix? Sometimes existing overrides can cause problems.
Gekko_Dekko: But I've used innoextract to unpack it, maybe thats the issue
igrok: Have you tried installing it into a clean prefix? Sometimes existing overrides can cause problems.
seems like innoextract was indeed the issue, coz installing via gog's gui installer fixed everything - game works as intended