It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: As for Raiden IV, I'll test it in a bit although considering it's made in the same engine as Caladrius Blaze, it might need the same winetricks :)
Did you happen to get a chance to test this yet?
How about Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord? Does it?
rampancy: So apart from the expected weirdness associated with a 640x480 window in fullscreen/virtual desktop, you haven't encountered any of the issues described here?

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=28963
Projectsonic: So far, so good.
Volume slider will not be working at least. That's effectively a WONTFIX by policy as the way the game changes the volume is by changing the overall volume for the whole system. Wine's chosen to disallow that.
I don't remember having trouble with the sound/music nor text rendering by the way.
Post edited March 27, 2017 by Gydion
Game: King of Dragon Pass
Installer: setup_kodp_2.0.0.12.exe (MD5: bb2fcffbb6a01493b26c92765f60fc2f)
WineHQ AppDB link

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4760 256 MB
Wine version tested: Wineskin 2.6.2, WS9Wine2.3

Install notes: No Winetricks needed. You'll need to get around KoDP's resolution by making a few viewing edits: it must run in a virtual desktop at 640x480, in Wineskin you'll need to click on the installer options "Use these settings." It may still attempt to boot up into a full screen window under these settings, in this case just quit out of the application and start again. If this still persists go to your Screen Options, click Done, and run again. It's unknown if this is a bug with Wineskin or specific to GOG's version.

Using the Mac Driver also isn't recommended. It runs, but you'll end up in fullscreen with the game playing in a 640x480 size of the center.

How well does it run: A few flaws but otherwise almost perfect (so far). The volume slider doesn't work, but this was unnoticeable to me personally as I would just use my computer's volume slider. Restoring a saved game works from the main menu, but restoring a save from a game in progress results in a crash. It also won't really work well on anything any larger than 640x480, either it just stays at it's window size without stretching or ends up a black/white screen otherwise. Once everything's set up I've found no other bugs whatsoever. By and large, it's better feeling than running this in Windows with a windowed mode launcher.
Post edited March 28, 2017 by Projectsonic
Gydion: Volume slider will not be working at least. That's effectively a WONTFIX by policy as the way the game changes the volume is by changing the overall volume for the whole system. Wine's chosen to disallow that.
I don't remember having trouble with the sound/music nor text rendering by the way.
Cheers, thanks for the heads up on the volume slider. As for the text issues, it's probably just weirdness on my end, then.
JudasIscariot: As for Raiden IV, I'll test it in a bit although considering it's made in the same engine as Caladrius Blaze, it might need the same winetricks :)
Gydion: Did you happen to get a chance to test this yet?
How about Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord? Does it?
Raiden IV's test report could literally be a copy paste of the Caladrius Blaze one as the same steps are required to get the game running well :)

As for Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, I am not sure, did I volunteer to test that one too? :)
JudasIscariot: As for Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, I am not sure, did I volunteer to test that one too? :)
Yes, please. :)

The last sale already had been at least the 4th sale where I have looked up that game, here and on WineHQ. And it still is rated garbage there. So maybe this game needs some of the expert know-how here to get it to run?
eiii: Yes, please. :)

The last sale already had been at least the 4th sale where I have looked up that game, here and on WineHQ. And it still is rated garbage there. So maybe this game needs some of the expert know-how here to get it to run?
I tried it, and even installing the full dx suite (dx 9-11 + GDI) it complained it couldn't initialize direct3d
Post edited March 27, 2017 by te_lanus
te_lanus: I tried it, and even installing the full dx suite (dx 9-11 + GDI) it complained it couldn't initialize direct3d
That doesn't sound promising. So staying away from the game wasn't the worst decision. :) Thanks for the info!
Projectsonic: Game: King of Dragon Pass
What's engine is WS9Wine? Also, I would be curiously if you can test to restore a game not from the main menu. Just be sure to have saved first.

JudasIscariot: Raiden IV's test report could literally be a copy paste of the Caladrius Blaze one as the same steps are required to get the game running well :)
Can I interest you in a copy paste (with edits) then? The previous report no longer works.
JudasIscariot: As for Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, I am not sure, did I volunteer to test that one too? :)
It was a new request, but it looks like the answer is no. I don't know if there is a bug report about it.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Gydion
Gydion: What's engine is WS9Wine? Also, I would be curiously if you can test to restore a game not from the main menu. Just be sure to have saved first.
WS9 is just the file name for the Wine packages that are run as engines within Wineskin. He used Wine 2.3 for his test.
Started looking into Mirror's Edge again

Rixasha: Like you said I installed physx, using winetricks. Having PhysX enabled in the game caused me severe slowdowns whenever there was shattered glass. As suggested by a comment in bug #25723, I moved PhysXCore.dll, PhysXDevice.dll, PhysXLocal out of the way from under Binaries/, and now I have shattering glass without stutter. This probably requires that you have an nvidia and a working cuda setup. Overrides didn't seem to work here.
This seems to improve performance quite a bit here too :)
It's probably a good idea to get rid of Binaries/OpenAL32.dll in a similar fashion, so that wine will transparently use the systems own openal instead. I have mine setup with HRTF, and it sounds to me like positional audio now, not just stereo sound. A "builtin" override also works.
Hmm, I didn't know that Wine favoured the native OpenAL32.dll over its own builtin version. Probably worth setting that in my wrappers for the STALKER games then, as they also use OpenAL.
The first time running the game I had to run it in virtual desktop of 1920x1080 (my normal desktop resolution) or it wouldn't start up. Afterwards I could disable it and it worked fine.
That isn't a problem here, but instead the taskbar pops up over the game unless the resolution is set to my desktop resolution (probably a bug with Cinnamon). I normally use a virtual desktop for initial set up anyway, just because I don't like them changing my desktop resolution (when I used KDE this *always* messed up my desktop)
Gydion: What's engine is WS9Wine? Also, I would be curiously if you can test to restore a game not from the main menu. Just be sure to have saved first.
Basically, Wine 2.3 in Wineskin.

Just checked. Restoring from the main menu is fine but restoring from the middle of a game results in a crash. I'm updating the report now.
adamhm: Hmm, I didn't know that Wine favoured the native OpenAL32.dll over its own builtin version. Probably worth setting that in my wrappers for the STALKER games then, as they also use OpenAL.
I believe that is a recent development as I recall seeing a bug report where a developer implemented a patch where Wine would specifically favor the native version of OpenAL rather than the built-in one.

I can't find the exact bug in bugzilla myself but I swear it exists....or I am thinking of something else entirely...

It's probably a good idea to get rid of Binaries/OpenAL32.dll in a similar fashion, so that wine will transparently use the systems own openal instead. I have mine setup with HRTF, and it sounds to me like positional audio now, not just stereo sound. A "builtin" override also works.
adamhm: Hmm, I didn't know that Wine favoured the native OpenAL32.dll over its own builtin version. Probably worth setting that in my wrappers for the STALKER games then, as they also use OpenAL.
the bug Judas is refering to:
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=39339

you can of course still prefer your systems openal library, as long as it works.
Just keep in mind that it may break things, depending on how the game does its audio stuff.
immi101: the bug Judas is refering to:
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=39339

you can of course still prefer your systems openal library, as long as it works.
Just keep in mind that it may break things, depending on how the game does its audio stuff.
Thanks, that's interesting. Although from what Rixasha said the builtin version apparently works better for him, at least in the case of Mirror's Edge.
rampancy: WS9 is just the file name for the Wine packages that are run as engines within Wineskin.
Thanks. I was being paranoid that it might have something to do with Gallium Nine patched engine, but believe they have a suffix anyway. I quite possibly asked about this before too. I am slightly curious what the unrelated 9 is for now.

muntdefems: Game: Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
E.G. this one definitely has videos.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Gydion