It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Game: Caladrius Blaze
Installer MD5: 2e38733fe1afcbd42f78cbf236f337c2 setup_caladrius_blaze_2.1.0.3.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: None

Distro: Antergos 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.10.3-1- ARCH
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 970
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 378.13
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.4

Install notes:

You will need to run "winetricks vcrun2013" before you install the game. If you have the game already installed then you will need to run "winetricks --force vcrun2013"

The reason you need the winetricks is because the game will have a black screen otherwise.

How well does it run

I played the game for about 30 minutes in Story Mode, got a couple of bosses down and the game ran fine. I am not sure as to how make the game work with a wired XBOX 360 controller but it's somewhat playable with the keyboard.

Also, if want to get the Galaxy achievements, the game works in Wine Staging and so do the achievements for the game.
JudasIscariot: Yes, I just tested the game and it runs just fine in Wine 2.4.
Cheers. Could you note that in your test, thanks.
Did you have a chance to look at Raiden IV yet?
JudasIscariot: Yes, I just tested the game and it runs just fine in Wine 2.4.
Gydion: Cheers. Could you note that in your test, thanks.
Did you have a chance to look at Raiden IV yet?
So just change the version number or add a note?

As for Raiden IV, I'll test it in a bit although considering it's made in the same engine as Caladrius Blaze, it might need the same winetricks :)
JudasIscariot: So just change the version number or add a note?
I would just add a note unless you tested it as much with 2.4.
JudasIscariot: As for Raiden IV, I'll test it in a bit although considering it's made in the same engine as Caladrius Blaze, it might need the same winetricks :)
That's what I want to know! Thanks.
adamhm: Game: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Gydion: Does this still work the same with the newer installer in current Wine and no overrides?
I reinstalled & briefly tested this again; there seems to be no change from before
adamhm: I was also told to omit any mention of POL in the reports, but I'm not going to do that as what works for POL may not work for Wine+Winetricks without some alteration
shmerl: I'm not sure why it would be any different. POL don't do any special patching of either Wine or winetricks. So the advice was correct. Don't mention POL, and submit results anyway. I did it myself that way multiple times. Lately though I'm using Wine staging from the staging project repo, or build Wine from source myself. I almost never use POL provided Wine builds.
Honestly, I have an easier time dealing with wine games in Lutris than POL these days.
king_mosiah: Honestly, I have an easier time dealing with wine games in Lutris than POL these days.
POL project itself seems now on life support. All development has ceased. Which is a pity.
shmerl: POL project itself seems now on life support. All development has ceased. Which is a pity.
AFAIK for POL 5 they're rewriting the whole thing, no idea when that will be ready though
adamhm: AFAIK for POL 5 they're rewriting the whole thing, no idea when that will be ready though
They started, but later something happened to the project and basically the whole thing halted. You can search for more info on their forum.

Now I'm more comfortable though with making scripts for running with custom Wine and custom prefixes, but POL still offers quite a few useful features that save time.
Post edited March 21, 2017 by shmerl
Game: Army Men RTS
Installer MD5:
ddb76b966890f25d89a204fd078530a7 setup_army_men_rts_2.0.0.2.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: Retail Version

Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
Desktop: MATE 1.16.1
Kernel: 4.4.0-67-generic x86_64
GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.101

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 2.4 via PlayOnLinux with no winetricks

How Well Does It Run: Very well, ran thru bootcamp without a problem
shmerl: Now I'm more comfortable though with making scripts for running with custom Wine and custom prefixes, but POL still offers quite a few useful features that save time.
I've started doing something similar - I've put together some basic helper scripts for building & configuring prefixes etc., although I'm still using POL for initial testing & POL's Wine builds for convenience.
adamhm: AFAIK for POL 5 they're rewriting the whole thing, no idea when that will be ready though
shmerl: They started, but later something happened to the project and basically the whole thing halted. You can search for more info on their forum.

Now I'm more comfortable though with making scripts for running with custom Wine and custom prefixes, but POL still offers quite a few useful features that save time.
I just copy the PKGBUILD scripts from Arch and just point them towards a local archive and just run them with "makepkg --skippgp --skipinteg --skipchecksums" and away it goes :D
shmerl: They started, but later something happened to the project and basically the whole thing halted. You can search for more info on their forum.

JudasIscariot: I just copy the PKGBUILD scripts from Arch and just point them towards a local archive and just run them with "makepkg --skippgp --skipinteg --skipchecksums" and away it goes :D
typing

configure <enter>
make <enter>

ain't that much harder :p
JudasIscariot: I just copy the PKGBUILD scripts from Arch and just point them towards a local archive and just run them with "makepkg --skippgp --skipinteg --skipchecksums" and away it goes :D
I don't bother building 32-bit Wine, it's a major mess (I did it a few times using lxc containers). But 64-bit is pretty easy to build. For 32-bit, periodic releases of staging are more than enough. I'm using 64-bit built from source to test TW3.
Post edited March 21, 2017 by shmerl
immi101: typing

configure <enter>
make <enter>

ain't that much harder :p
I build multilib Wine so I'd rather abide by the trusty PKGBUILD because i am not too confident in my ability to build a proper version with WoW64 support :D
shmerl: I don't bother building 32-bit Wine, it's a major mess (I did it a few times using lxc containers). But 64-bit is pretty easy to build. For 32-bit, periodic releases of staging are more than enough. I'm using 64-bit built from source to test TW3.
Well, I like having it for those purely 32-bit versions and the ability to make WoW64 prefixes.

Besides, with my new PC compiling is a LOT faster :D
Post edited March 21, 2017 by JudasIscariot