It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looks like there is another issue with Outlaws. The music is playing too fast. Did anyone encounter such problem?
Post edited January 19, 2020 by shmerl
shmerl: Looks like there is another issue with Outlaws. The music is playing too fast. Did anyone encounter such problem?
Does that also happen with Adamhm's wrapper?
https://www.gog.com/forum/outlaws_a_handful_of_missions/outlaws_for_linux
shmerl: Looks like there is another issue with Outlaws. The music is playing too fast. Did anyone encounter such problem?
Klumpen0815: Does that also happen with Adamhm's wrapper?
https://www.gog.com/forum/outlaws_a_handful_of_missions/outlaws_for_linux
I haven't tried it yet. I can check if it enables any special overrides.
Nope, everything seems to be all right on wine-staging 4.21 (aside from using winmm override and the need to start the game with olwin.exe rather than the shortcut).
igrok: Nope, everything seems to be all right on wine-staging 4.21 (aside from using winmm override and the need to start the game with olwin.exe rather than the shortcut).
What about with regular Wine (not staging)? I applied winnm fix. Let me check, may be winmm override is missing.

UPDATE: Nope, adding an override didn't change it. Can you please check, if the speed of music in the first level is the same as when you play Track02.ogg using a normal audio player? I wonder if faster speed was intended.

Because of higher speed in the game, the music adds annoying sound artifacts.

UPDATE2: Oh, that's something. I tried Wine staging with winmm override. And the music has correct speed! There must be some issue that staging is fixing. I wonder what it is exactly.
Now there is another problem though. When I try to save a game, it just produces a black screen. I'm using Glide → Vulkan backend. Same thing happens with other options. In the menu it's not using Glide, seems like it's falling back to wined3d there.
I checked with my wrapper, same problem. It worked fine the last time I tried it though, so it seems that something else has broken it.
adamhm: I checked with my wrapper, same problem. It worked fine the last time I tried it though, so it seems that something else has broken it.
Yeah, in staging it doesn't happen. Also, is save dialog working for you? For me it produces a black screen, and without saves, this game is practically impossible to play.
I did a full playthrough with Wine 4.0 some time ago without this issue, but now it's occurring despite the Wine version being unchanged (and there have been no changes with my wrapper in that time that could cause this issue either).

Save dialog works fine here.
I wonder if changes in faudio played some role. And interesting that save dialog works for you. May be it's some Mesa bug? I'm running the game with 19.3.2 and RX 5700 XT (2560x1440).

Which backend are you using in the game, Glide/Vulkan or something else?

The black screen could be an amdgpu bug specific to Navi. Looks like there are some errors in dmesg when that happens.
Post edited January 20, 2020 by shmerl
shmerl: I wonder if changes in faudio played some role.
Unlikely - Wine 4.0 is before they added FAudio.

Does the save dialog work if you run it in a virtual desktop? I remember it being a hassle as the cutscenes and menus use DirectDraw. You might want to set nGlide to use DirectX too.

shmerl: Which backend are you using in the game, Glide/Vulkan or something else?
I'm using my wrapper, which uses Wine 4.0 & nGlide is set to default/use DirectX (which in turn is translated to OpenGL). "cnc-ddraw" (DirectDraw --> OpenGL wrapper) is also used to allow the cutscenes and menu to run full-screen without letting them alter the display resolution.
adamhm: Does the save dialog work if you run it in a virtual desktop? I remember it being a hassle as the cutscenes and menus use DirectDraw. You might want to set nGlide to use DirectX too.
It's failing even with virtual desktop. But it's very likely Navi specific issue.

adamhm: I'm using my wrapper, which uses Wine 4.0 & nGlide is set to default/use DirectX (which in turn is translated to OpenGL). "cnc-ddraw" (DirectDraw --> OpenGL wrapper) is also used to allow the cutscenes and menu to run full-screen without letting them alter the display resolution.
Interesting, never heard of cnc-ddraw before. Is there any analog to make it work with Glide/Vulkan combination? I've heard Proton has some patches to prevent fullscreen resolution changes and rather use scaling instead.
Post edited January 20, 2020 by shmerl
shmerl: It's failing even with virtual desktop. But it's very likely Navi specific issue.
If I set my wrapper to use 4.10-staging and set nGlide to use Vulkan it breaks in the same way as you describe. I suggest just letting it use DirectX; the game is very undemanding and won't benefit from Vulkan anyway.

shmerl: Interesting, never heard of cnc-ddraw before. Is there any analog to make it work with Glide/Vulkan combination? I've heard Proton has some patches to prevent fullscreen resolution changes and rather use scaling instead.
I tried using Proton to achieve this as I have done for some other games but it doesn't handle DirectDraw very well.
adamhm: If I set my wrapper to use 4.10-staging and set nGlide to use Vulkan it breaks in the same way as you describe. I suggest just letting it use DirectX; the game is very undemanding and won't benefit from Vulkan anyway.
Thanks for the suggestion, it worked! With Glide set to DirectX (wind3d → OpenGL), and without dxvk (I enabled it for that prefix before), it started working fine.

I wonder though if there is some kind of radv bug, that's worth reporting that's triggered both by Glide/Vulkan and Glide/DirectX/dxvk/Vulkan paths.

I didn't try it with Mesa master though, so it could be fixed in newest radv. I'd need to get to building 32-bit Mesa through cross compilation. If it's broken too, I'll open a bug, but for now I'll just use winded3d path which works.

It could be also a Winevulkan bug though.
Post edited January 21, 2020 by shmerl
shmerl: What about with regular Wine (not staging)? I applied winnm fix. Let me check, may be winmm override is missing.
It still works in vanilla wine-4.0.2. Did you patch the game's dll files? Because I didn't patch anything and only changed winmm to native,builtin with winecfg. (I think patching dlls for winmm override was only necessary with old versions of wine and the changes which make this unnecessary must have been ported from crossover to wine by now). However, in vanilla wine I can't change game settings with olcfg.exe, because it crashes. Aside from that the game runs well.

I am also on Radeon albeit on RX 580.