It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

greyhat: I would like to request hitman Absolution if it is still available.
TheDudeLebowski:
Thanks so much to TheDudeLebowski and Zeogold.

:)
greyhat: Thanks so much to TheDudeLebowski and Zeogold.

:)
:D
zeogold: It's a game where it divides people: either you love it or you hate it. It's sort of a niche. Both its strength and its weakness is that the game is designed very much like a book. In a book, you'd read about the sweeping environments, the crunching of the snow, the singing of the birds, etc. In the game, it shows you all this visually - and forces you to take it in by making you walk slowly, giving it to you via visuals rather than words (the same issue happens if you watch a movie directed by an author, like Coma from Michael Crichton or Maximum Overdrive from Stephen King).
That explains a lot, actually. I actually fall in the middle - I don't hate it, but I don't love it anywhere as much as I feel like I'm supposed to. It feels like it drags, and if you miss a cue on the next action, it takes a long time to rule out alternatives.
Wow, I didn’t expect all these insightful comments about this game. I guess these somewhat different from each other yet heartful feelings about the game alone elaborates the production value of it:)

And I appreciate what zeo says, that it’s a game that divides people. Maybe even the whole genre is one that often divides people. I always have a mixed feeling about p&k games. There are ones that I really love (Gemini Rue is the first to come to my mind), and there are also ones that I enjoy but probably not as much as others do, like the first 2 Monkey Island, or Broken Sword series. I generally enjoyed them, and there are memorable moments (the swordplay in MI1 is quite interesting, maybe it deserves a full game designed around it;), and I think I can see why people love them so much, but somehow they just don’t win my heart so much as some others may do. Oh, and I’m generally a new born P&K fan in the sense that I hadn’t played these classics until this decade, which may also play a part in my preference towards games.

That being said, after all these talks, I probably will pick this game up again and try to be more patient with it this time;)
Doc0075: Besides, everyone should own a copy of D:OS and I refuse to stop gifting it until they do!
When its sequel starts hitting the 50-60% discount bracket, I will do the same with that game as well.
So, I took the bait and got D:OS. Started playing with a friend. Looks very promising up to now. We're at the start (don't let the 4hr play time fool you in my Activity Feed. 2 of those were trying to get it to work with Direct Connection), and we're having a lot of fun with it.

You can cross me off your list.
Doc0075: Besides, everyone should own a copy of D:OS and I refuse to stop gifting it until they do!
When its sequel starts hitting the 50-60% discount bracket, I will do the same with that game as well.
TheDudeLebowski: So, I took the bait and got D:OS. Started playing with a friend. Looks very promising up to now. We're at the start (don't let the 4hr play time fool you in my Activity Feed. 2 of those were trying to get it to work with Direct Connection), and we're having a lot of fun with it.

Same for me!
Doc0075 talked so good about it! 24 copies gifted!!! So I couldn't avoid to not buy it and started playing it right now and I'm liking it very much at moment!

Thanks
TheDudeLebowski: So, I took the bait and got D:OS. Started playing with a friend. Looks very promising up to now. We're at the start (don't let the 4hr play time fool you in my Activity Feed. 2 of those were trying to get it to work with Direct Connection), and we're having a lot of fun with it.

Have fun! It's so much fun in coop
Is it too late for me to get one?

TT_TT_TT_TT: Have fun! It's so much fun in coop
We just finished playing for the day after 4 hours. I pity the foo' who doesn't play this in co-op!
TT_TT_TT_TT: Have fun! It's so much fun in coop
TheDudeLebowski: We just finished playing for the day after 4 hours. I pity the foo' who doesn't play this in co-op!
*shudders* Playing with others, eek!
ToreadorRose: Is it too late for me to get one?
I'm afraid so. Only the twos and threes are left, fresh out of ones.
Makotolia: And I appreciate what zeo says, that it’s a game that divides people. Maybe even the whole genre is one that often divides people. I always have a mixed feeling about p&k games. There are ones that I really love (Gemini Rue is the first to come to my mind), and there are also ones that I enjoy but probably not as much as others do, like the first 2 Monkey Island, or Broken Sword series. I generally enjoyed them, and there are memorable moments (the swordplay in MI1 is quite interesting, maybe it deserves a full game designed around it;), and I think I can see why people love them so much, but somehow they just don’t win my heart so much as some others may do. Oh, and I’m generally a new born P&K fan in the sense that I hadn’t played these classics until this decade, which may also play a part in my preference towards games.
I'm curious, what are some of your favorite point-and-clicks you've played so far?
TheDudeLebowski: We just finished playing for the day after 4 hours. I pity the foo' who doesn't play this in co-op!
Cavalary: *shudders* Playing with others, eek!
Come play with us, Cavalary...
Edit: Aw, GOG fixed the bug where you could hide text. I was gonna throw in "Come play with us forever!" in a hidden zone.
Post edited April 23, 2019 by zeogold
May I nominate aRealCyborg for Bastion? I saw he wanting this on one of the gifting thread.
Makotolia: snip
zeogold: I'm curious, what are some of your favorite point-and-clicks you've played so far?
Well, first of all, Gemini Rue of course. Then, Emerald City Confidential? Can't remember much about it, but it's probably the earliest P&K that left a good impression on me (before that what I had played were generally Hidden Objects actually?). I may not call Technobabylon and Blackwell 1 as my favorites, but I guess I just kinda dig this style. More serious plots and natural yet still interesting logic, I guess. I can't quite put my finger on it myself. I heard of good things about blade runner, and have the impression that it's probably also the same style, so I'm hoping maybe it'll come to GOG someday. Oh, most of these games seem to be developed by Wayjet Eye Games. It's not that I'm a loyal fan or so though.

Oh, and don't I forget Grim Fandango! Not exactly my favorite style, but it just has done most aspects so well.

I haven't played many of Lucas Arts games, only MI 1&2 I think? Some puzzles are just too obscure for me to solve, while being funny and satisfactory for those who do solve them. The goofy plot is OK, just not my fav. That being said, they are still good games that I enjoyed, and I'm still looking forward to a decent discount of the Fate of Atlantis.

I tried the demo of Edna & Harvey: The Breakout before, and I somewhat liked it.

The Inner World is good, I like its voice casting. "That's just a random guess, isn't it?" (IIRC)

There are games I didn't mention, but indeed I haven't played that many as you guys did.

Generally speaking, maybe "solving mysteries" is more my style than "adventuring and seeing bizarre things", plot-wise, and "logical puzzles" suits me better than "challenging yet more-funny-than-logical puzzles", puzzle-wise.

Oops, the limitation of my vocabulary really shows when I try to express more detailed opinions:)

EDIT:
Broken Sword 1&2 have serious plots, but maybe the puzzles or the background are somewhat, bland? Gemini Rue is serious, but there is also the cyberpunk aspect of it, while in BS you deal with only normal life stuff most of time, and the most unusual things feel only “historical”. Still good, but maybe not exciting enough as other games. I should probably try Beneath a Steel Sky some time, since it does have a cyberpunk setting than just normal life stuff.
Post edited April 23, 2019 by Makotolia
Makotolia: *snip*
How did you like the Deponia series?
Makotolia: *snip*
finkleroy: How did you like the Deponia series?
This is the saddest story: my notebook is too old for it (both hardware and OS and my RL situation just can’t allow me to improve either of them at this moment) and thus I haven’t even tried them yet. I hadn’t realized this until I excitedly tried to download the game you gifted me (I believe I didn’t even have enough HD space for the complete journey version when I tried), and...I’ve been too sorry to inform you of this. I actually thought of this incident of Deponia when writing my last post... well, maybe it’s a good chance for me to finally confess it.