It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

andysheets1975: I'd like to request Hitman: Codename 47, please?
zeogold: Granted.
Thanks to you and TheDudeLebowski :)
zeogold: Take my advice, Syberia 3 is AWFUL. If you liked the first 2 Syberia games, definitely do NOT play it because it ruins the memory of them. I can send you my full review on it, if you like, but there's a lot of reasons that it's an absolute wreck of a game.
MarkoH01: You should accept that some things are really subjective. While I do agree that Syberia 3 will never be nearly as good as 1 and 2 and while I also would agree that they somehow transformed the main character into something she never was I would also not say that it is awful (except maybe for the many bugs regarding the poinmt and click controls they implemented after release that I experienced). It is different and in some regards it also is similar - the end is wide open (so that's definitely a minus) but by no means did I not enjoy the game.
I actually would regret having played it at all if not for the fact it gave me a better appreciation of Syberia 1 and 2 by comparing how wonderful they are to that dumpster fire. The story was contrived and deserved to be dragged out to the street and shot. The gameplay was abysmal and full of a ludicrous amount of bugs. The visuals were actually a downgrade from the original Syberia games. The voice acting was unbearable. I can barely think of a singular plus side about the thing.
andysheets1975: Thanks to you and TheDudeLebowski :)
You're welcome :)
I totally agree with syberia 3. This game was a huge disappointment that left me with a bitter taste. I even had to repeat the 1 and 2 in the wake to stop the nausea and find a sense of balance. I too regret having played this 3rd opus. I remember at the time. The facebook of the editor did not stop proposing the 1 and the 2 at prices unworthy of the quality of the work which had been done, as much on the history as on the production, the gameplay and the graphics. It was a shame that they degraded the value of their 2 games to promote the 3rd which was not worth a nail!
I wonder what the designer Benoît Sokal thought about it ...
MarkoH01: ...the end is wide open (so that's definitely a minus)...
I can't believe it !! A Syberia game that has an open ending ?! NO WAY !!! :D

I still have to play(and also own) the 3, but I'm not so happy when 2D adventures are translated to a complete 3D... I still have to find a serie that went to this process and became better...

And by the way, thanks to sanscript for an old adventure I always wanted to play !!
Post edited April 19, 2019 by powergod
gvyop: I wonder what the designer Benoît Sokal thought about it ...
"I'm broke and, though I know full well I told the complete story I wanted to tell with Syberia 1 and 2 and refused to make another Syberia game for over 20 years after that, I've slipped into irrelevance and desperately need to pay the bills."
zeogold: "I'm broke and, though I know full well I told the complete story I wanted to tell with Syberia 1 and 2 and refused to make another Syberia game for over 20 years after that, I've slipped into irrelevance and desperately need to pay the bills."
It is a dark vision that is unfortunately plausible. He did not reach the same dream as Andrzej Sapkowski, called the "lucky guy" :-)
More prosaically I remenber he said "Syberia 1 and 2 form a single story, and Syberia 3 is a continuation of the adventures of Kate Walker, but it's a new starting point, that's how I see it. " while dreaming of doing his game in VR. But I'm afraid he just changed tools for drawing by hoping to surf on a vein he could not find.
zeogold: I actually would regret having played it at all if not for the fact it gave me a better appreciation of Syberia 1 and 2 by comparing how wonderful they are to that dumpster fire. The story was contrived and deserved to be dragged out to the street and shot. The gameplay was abysmal and full of a ludicrous amount of bugs. The visuals were actually a downgrade from the original Syberia games. The voice acting was unbearable. I can barely think of a singular plus side about the thing.
And it is completely fine to have this opinion - but it's only that, an opinion.
zeogold: I actually would regret having played it at all if not for the fact it gave me a better appreciation of Syberia 1 and 2 by comparing how wonderful they are to that dumpster fire. The story was contrived and deserved to be dragged out to the street and shot. The gameplay was abysmal and full of a ludicrous amount of bugs. The visuals were actually a downgrade from the original Syberia games. The voice acting was unbearable. I can barely think of a singular plus side about the thing.
MarkoH01: And it is completely fine to have this opinion - but it's only that, an opinion.
https://i.imgur.com/IA233Ew.jpg
Hi there Zeo. Can I ask for Hitman: Absolution?
high rated
Drakon1590: Hi there Zeo. Can I ask for Hitman: Absolution?
Granted.
Drakon1590: Hi there Zeo. Can I ask for Hitman: Absolution?
Thank you Zeo, and thanks to Doc0075 for game.
Talk about Syberia, maybe you guys would care to enlighten me about why the first 2 are good? I dropped the first one months ago, mainly because it plays somewhat too slow for me. The walking/running seems to take forever (well, if I'm better at solving the puzzles then less backtracking would probably lighten this feeling though;), and I just somehow got frequently lost (maybe it's the language requirement? Since it does offer a lot to read. I'm not a native English reader after all). I tried to love it, but instead I dropped it after I had left the first town.

I'm definitely not saying it's a bad game though. While not being a hardcore P&K AVG fan, there are P&K games that I do enjoy, and that's why I hope I can get more out of this loved series by listening to your opinions.
Makotolia: Talk about Syberia, maybe you guys would care to enlighten me about why the first 2 are good? I dropped the first one months ago, mainly because it plays somewhat too slow for me. The walking/running seems to take forever (well, if I'm better at solving the puzzles then less backtracking would probably lighten this feeling though;), and I just somehow got frequently lost (maybe it's the language requirement? Since it does offer a lot to read. I'm not a native English reader after all). I tried to love it, but instead I dropped it after I had left the first town.

I'm definitely not saying it's a bad game though. While not being a hardcore P&K AVG fan, there are P&K games that I do enjoy, and that's why I hope I can get more out of this loved series by listening to your opinions.
What I like about Syberia - especially the first one - are the characters (especially the relationship between Kate and Oscar) and the somehow sureal environment (all the mechanical stuff you have to figure out) along with the feeling to actually take a journey into the unknown. The game for me is pure atmosphere. It's really annoying - especially, since there is some back and forth - that you cannot just double click between locations ... but this for me is a small problem compared to the rest of the game. What I also like a lot is the way how they let you feel the main character still has a life outside of the adventure she is taking and how the game uses the phone to remind the player and the character about this - life does not stand still, even if we have the feeling it does while we are trying to solve the mystery about the recently deceased toymaker. The puzzles are afair pretty logical as well and it is possible to solve the game without a walkthrough. I might also add - for me personally - that this is one of the few games they did quite a good job with the German voice overs but that of course wouldn't be of much use for you.
MarkoH01: snip
Yeah...now that I think about it, indeed, the phone calls is a nice touch to give players a “real life” feeling, and true, it’s a game about the atmosphere and has done it well. Maybe I was just so eager to finish it quickly since I also have Syberia 2 in my backlog, that I got frustrated more quickly than usual.

Talk about the puzzles though, I had referred to a walkthrough for like 3 or 4 times even before boarding the train. It seems I missed quite a few clues, rather than being unable to figure out a puzzle (not saying that I’m good at solving puzzles though). With other P&K games though, I feel that maybe puzzles are generally a bigger problem to me.

Oh, I just think about a particular thing that confuses me: at the beginning, the gate to the catacomb was closed, and IIRC, there was a hint that it would reopen one day later or so. But somehow that gate opened after I fiddled around a bit, but I just never bothered to check it again since I didn’t notice any hint that it just got opened. What did I miss?