It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

well, not all the posts here are answers.
My folks are going on vacation this Tuesday leaving me alone during the largest thaw in 30 years with 3 pumps in the basement that need to be turned on and off and every three hours. At least my dad seems to care that I have to go a whole week with virtually no sleep; my mother is being a selfish little bitch about it. She told me it was no big deal. When I asked her if she'd do it she said, "Don't be silly."
Waiting on Amazon

I preordered Metro 2034 last year. Finally came out a couple months ago. The release date passed me by, then got an email from them telling me to expect a delay. A couple months since & they still can't come up with a delivery estimate. They don't even seem to have had it in stock since release, but it is on their kindle. Don't know if they underestimated preorder demand, or if they had a fight with the publisher, or just disorganized with their inventory somewhere. They haven't said anymore than it's delayed. Never ran into this problem with them before.
tinyE: My folks are going on vacation this Tuesday leaving me alone
Watch out for the inept burglars
Post edited April 08, 2014 by jjsimp
tinyE: My folks are going on vacation this Tuesday leaving me alone
jjsimp: Watch out for the inept burglars
XD I realized as soon as I posted that it may be come off as 6 years old. :P Truest me, if there was any chance of even inept burglars around here there's no way I'd do this. It's bad enough going outside at 2 am, around the house, and down into the basement with bears and coyotes running around; add humans into the mix and its no go.
tinyE: My folks are going on vacation this Tuesday leaving me alone during the largest thaw in 30 years with 3 pumps in the basement that need to be turned on and off and every three hours. At least my dad seems to care that I have to go a whole week with virtually no sleep; my mother is being a selfish little bitch about it. She told me it was no big deal. When I asked her if she'd do it she said, "Don't be silly."
The weak glow disclosed a stone floor that looked damp and unpleasant. Somewhere not far distant was a steady mechanical roaring sound, but muted, not frightening. Soporific. It was the thing that would be forgotten, Danny thought with dreamy surprise.
Post edited April 08, 2014 by Telika
jjsimp: Watch out for the inept burglars
tinyE: XD I realized as soon as I posted that it may be come off as 6 years old. :P Truest me, if there was any chance of even inept burglars around here there's no way I'd do this. It's bad enough going outside at 2 am, around the house, and down into the basement with bears and coyotes running around; add humans into the mix and its no go.
Considering you're a full grown man, it's even funnier imagining you crafting bucket traps and make them step on broken christmas decoration. Then hide around the corner, snicker and pull a "YES!"
tinyE: XD I realized as soon as I posted that it may be come off as 6 years old. :P Truest me, if there was any chance of even inept burglars around here there's no way I'd do this. It's bad enough going outside at 2 am, around the house, and down into the basement with bears and coyotes running around; add humans into the mix and its no go.
Soccorro: Considering you're a full grown man, it's even funnier imagining you crafting bucket traps and make them step on broken christmas decoration. Then hide around the corner, snicker and pull a "YES!"
I have to confess I did love that movie, every frame of it.
Good and bad. In the end, good.

Definitely lung cancer for Dad. Left one is all-but-useless and the right isn't really enough to get the job done. They had him on 100% oxygen for a few days as a stopgap, plus draining fluids all the while. The fluid flow hasn't slowed one bit so the nasty crap is being generated pretty quickly, though he did regain some capacity on the left side. There was talk about putting in some goop (that's the medical term) to sort of glue his left lung to the chest wall and help it stay open but it never drained enough to reinflate enough to get it close enough to the chest wall on its own. It wouldn't have added much time, anyway, and likely wouldn't improve the quality of life; instead, it would have added a few more days of pain and general discomfort.

Just a matter of time, now. Couple days, probably.

Honestly, I'm glad this all came about very quickly. Only went on portable oxygen a few weeks ago, went into the hospital, um, Thursday I think, got the prelim diagnosis the next day, and is at the end within a week. With my stepdad it slowly progressed over nine months or so and it was hard to watch the degradation in his health, his ability to do things for himself, and all of the pain that came with it. But at least from that experience we knew what to expect this time around, and also what things to ask of Dad and the doctors.

He's had a chance to see or talk to everyone that he wanted to have words with before passing, and last night he made his decision to proceed into hospice care. They cut the oxygen down to much lower levels and have him on a constant pain-drug drip so he's mostly zonked. For a guy who too often let life roll over him, I'm happy that he was able to make this last decision on his own terms.
Soccorro: Considering you're a full grown man, it's even funnier imagining you crafting bucket traps and make them step on broken christmas decoration. Then hide around the corner, snicker and pull a "YES!"
tinyE: I have to confess I did love that movie, every frame of it.
I still love it. i prefer alone in new york though, the electrocution and slipping part.
tinyE: I have to confess I did love that movie, every frame of it.
Soccorro: I still love it. i prefer alone in new york though, the electrocution and slipping part.
Have you seen Home Alone 3? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Alone_3

Very funny movie. I thought it was going to suck because it didn't have the actors from the previous two movies but the movie was hilarious.
Post edited April 08, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Soccorro: I still love it. i prefer alone in new york though, the electrocution and slipping part.
monkeydelarge: Have you seen Home Alone 3? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Alone_3

Very funny movie. I thought it was going to suck because it didn't have the actors from the previous two movies but the movie was hilarious.
Yeah the female baddie was super cute.
monkeydelarge: Have you seen Home Alone 3? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Alone_3

tinyE: Yeah the female baddie was super cute.
I agree. She is half the reason, I enjoy watching this movie. :)
tinyE: Yeah the female baddie was super cute.
monkeydelarge: I agree. She is half the reason, I enjoy watching this movie. :)
Also if you are an 80's geek, the mother in Home Alone 3 was also Caroline in 16 Candles.
I fucking hate my piece of shit life.