It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Why the fuck do people ask me to call them so they can ask me stupid questions about the stuff I'm trying to sell that are already answered in my craigslist ads... READING....SO HARD!!! Pleasure from trolling people in real life?
Post edited March 31, 2014 by monkeydelarge
monkeydelarge: Why the fuck do people ask me to call them so they can ask me stupid questions about the stuff I'm trying to sell that are already answered in my craigslist ads... READING....SO HARD!!! Pleasure from trolling people in real life?
You want a list of the questions I get from people on my web page at the same time they are calling? :P It takes every ounce of restraint I have to keep from screaming, "Are you fucking blind!?!?!"

My favorite is, "Here where it list the room prices, are those the prices?"
monkeydelarge: Why the fuck do people ask me to call them so they can ask me stupid questions about the stuff I'm trying to sell that are already answered in my craigslist ads... READING....SO HARD!!! Pleasure from trolling people in real life?
tinyE: You want a list of the questions I get from people on my web page at the same time they are calling? :P It takes every ounce of restraint I have to keep from screaming, "Are you fucking blind!?!?!"

If I had a small business, I'd probably not have many customers due to not being able to put up with some people's stupidity.
Post edited March 31, 2014 by monkeydelarge
tinyE: You want a list of the questions I get from people on my web page at the same time they are calling? :P It takes every ounce of restraint I have to keep from screaming, "Are you fucking blind!?!?!"

I thought you were one of those who actually make those calls *ducks* hehe ;)

Niggles: I thought you were one of those who actually make those calls *ducks* hehe ;)
I must admit I have asked some REALLY REALLY stupid questions in my day. Shit, I do it in here all the time.
But there's the saying "there's no such thing as a dumb question, there's only dumb answers".

I guess I can ask quite dumb questions once in a while as I can get very insecure when dealing with websites and companies and if I am, I call to ask for explanation. But I always remain polite, I think that's what's important, not if the question is dumb or not. Only thing is I can get so nervous on the phone, I keep on talking while someone is explaining something to me, which can irritate them. Apologizing and explaining about my nervousness usually helps.
DubConqueror: But I always remain polite, I think that's what's important, not if the question is dumb or not. Only thing is I can get so nervous on the phone, I keep on talking while someone is explaining something to me, which can irritate them. Apologizing and explaining about my nervousness usually helps.
On that note, I always find it fascinating how much more people start accepting you when you're upfront about your problems. When I try to come to an understanding with somebody and I'm upfront about the fact that I'm not really great in communicating my thoughts, people tend to suddenly become a lot more patient as long as I'm not completely thick.
DubConqueror: But there's the saying "there's no such thing as a dumb question...".
The saying originated from someone who had not yet been married.
Protoss: EU stole me an hour of my life right now!
Soccorro: Isn't Germany the only country that does it?
Nope. We have it here as well in some states of Australia, not in others (i get mixed up LOL). Its all for benefit of farmers supposedly...(?)
Post edited April 01, 2014 by Niggles
Used to be for the farmers here but technology took care of that. Now, it's supposed to be for the kids, so it isn't so dark when they walk to school and thus we can avoid remakes of our favorite stints of Carmageddon. Instead, it's dark later in the day so as they walk home from school after this or that after-hours activity, we can play Carmageddon after work - the perfect stress reliever.

Edit: grammar
Post edited April 01, 2014 by HereForTheBeer
HereForTheBeer: Used to be for the farmers here but technology took care of that. Now, it's supposed to be for the kids, so it isn't so dark when they walk to school and thus we can avoid remakes of our favorite stints of Carmageddon. Instead, it's dark later in the day so as they walk home from school after this or that after-hours activity, we can play Carmageddon after work - the perfect stress reliever.

You are close to me so you must be talking about sunset at 4 pm in the winter and sunset at 10:30 pm in the summer. Thank god my room doesn't face the lake or I'd have no shade at all.
HereForTheBeer: Used to be for the farmers here but technology took care of that. Now, it's supposed to be for the kids, so it isn't so dark when they walk to school and thus we can avoid remakes of our favorite stints of Carmageddon. Instead, it's dark later in the day so as they walk home from school after this or that after-hours activity, we can play Carmageddon after work - the perfect stress reliever.

Your understanding was mine too (until I wrote a bunch of code relating to building illumination). It's what I learned in school, and seems to be the common sense here in the States.

But farmers are practical people. They have always made the best use of daylight hours, regardless of the nominal time. You could call sunrise 7pm and farmers would still start work then. Daylight saving time isn't for them.

The rest of us, however, are slaves to the clock. Daylight saving time is for us. The time in the winter is actually the correct time. The time in summer is adjusted to allow the sun to provide light further into the evening. Basically, it's to encourage us not to sleep so far past sunrise. This maximizes our wakeful use of sunlit hours, reducing energy spent on illumination and to some extent, heating. There are a string of further benefits to us being active during daylight rather than at night, but this was the initial reason.
Last few days restless sleep - been waking up 3-4am each morning... sheesh.. feel so sleepy every day ......
Lost my pet guinea pig today . He was only 3 weeks old.

We rushed it to the vet, the moment he showed symptoms of being sick. I asked my mom explicitly to not put it back in the pig cage again(we have 3 guinea pigs) before I left for work. Unfortunately, my mother is not a woman who understands the tenets of logic and reason....she did exactly what I feared and when I got back, the poor thing was soaking wet and shivering.

He passed away shortly after, the next day.
Post edited April 02, 2014 by Lionel212008
Crap, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have noticed that the clocks have changed to summer time. I missed an important appointment on Monday and on Tuesday I was wondering why all the shops were closed 'early' and I couldn't get any groceries. Wonder how long I would have stayed in the dark if you guys hadn't been talking about daylight savings times.