It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

10 to fifteen inches of snow expected today. That will put us way over 300 for the year.

For those of you not in the States, roughly translated into metrics, the amount of snow we are going to end up with is "OH GOD I'M NEVER GOING TO SEE THE SUN AGAIN! OH SHIT I'M TRAPPED HERE! AHHHHHH!"
I'm in snow mood, i need to fall into deep snow, i'm possibly through a hergé-like "white crisis". But, no snow. No snow here. No snow ever again in europe ever. Ever again ever.

So, there.
tinyE: 10 to fifteen inches of snow expected today. That will put us way over 300 for the year.

For those of you not in the States, roughly translated into metrics, the amount of snow we are going to end up with is "OH GOD I'M NEVER GOING TO SEE THE SUN AGAIN! OH SHIT I'M TRAPPED HERE! AHHHHHH!"
When my eyes fell on your post and had only just taken in the first words, I thought you were boasting about something completely different '10 to fifteen inches', maybe something involving growth rates of something...
Telika: I'm in snow mood, i need to fall into deep snow, i'm possibly through a hergé-like "white crisis". But, no snow. No snow here. No snow ever again in europe ever. Ever again ever.

So, there.
Season's End (Marillion)

"We're getting close to season's end,
I heard somebody say
that it might never snow again
in England".
Post edited April 03, 2014 by DubConqueror
tinyE: 10 to fifteen inches of snow expected today. That will put us way over 300 for the year.

DubConqueror: When my eyes fell on your post and had only just taken in the first words, I thought you were boasting about something completely different '10 to fifteen inches', maybe something involving growth rates of something...
Telika:
DubConqueror:
I say we make my post what you thought it was about because that sounds a lot more interesting then my stupid bitching and moaning about snow. :D
I got extremely tired at work today. I think i might have labeled a box wrong and now it's on it's way to the Netherlands instead of Berlin. They kicked the last temp out, who made such a mistake. the thing is, i have no memory of it. i don't know if i have made that mistake or not.
I've learned that stores that take your bag don't guarantee you'll be the one to get it back. Lost my study guide, notes, and a tablet that way. On the bright side, they said this is the first time this has happened in 4 years.
zaine-h: I've learned that stores that take your bag don't guarantee you'll be the one to get it back. Lost my study guide, notes, and a tablet that way. On the bright side, they said this is the first time this has happened in 4 years.
WTF. Then they should replace your tablet, at least. Next time, a store asks me to give up my stuff, I'm going to tell them to fuck off. I don't care if they refuse to let me in and tell me to leave. There are plenty of other stores out there that don't treat their customers like garbage. In Germany, I've seen a lot of stores offer people a reasonable option. They have lockers near the entrance in the stores so you can lock up your stuff before entering the section of the store where all the products are available for purchase.

Soccorro: I got extremely tired at work today. I think i might have labeled a box wrong and now it's on it's way to the Netherlands instead of Berlin. They kicked the last temp out, who made such a mistake. the thing is, i have no memory of it. i don't know if i have made that mistake or not.
If they can't PROVE it was you, then deny it. Don't give them a reason to fire you.
Post edited April 04, 2014 by monkeydelarge
zaine-h:
monkeydelarge: WTF. Then they should replace your tablet, at least. Next time, a store asks me to give up my stuff, I'm going to tell them to fuck off. In Germany, I've seen a lot of stores offer people a reasonable option. They have lockers near the entrance in the stores so you can lock up your stuff before entering the section of the store where all the products are available for purchase.
I've been in the managerial shuffle the last few days trying to get that. The acting store manager has contacted his manager who is talking to his manager who has talked to the acting store manager and so on. Right now I'm waiting on the second tier manager to contact his manager again.
monkeydelarge: WTF. Then they should replace your tablet, at least. Next time, a store asks me to give up my stuff, I'm going to tell them to fuck off. In Germany, I've seen a lot of stores offer people a reasonable option. They have lockers near the entrance in the stores so you can lock up your stuff before entering the section of the store where all the products are available for purchase.
zaine-h: I've been in the managerial shuffle the last few days trying to get that. The acting store manager has contacted his manager who is talking to his manager who has talked to the acting store manager and so on. Right now I'm waiting on the second tier manager to contact his manager again.
Hopefully they will replace your tablet or give you a gift card or something.
Post edited April 04, 2014 by monkeydelarge
zaine-h: I've learned that stores that take your bag don't guarantee you'll be the one to get it back. Lost my study guide, notes, and a tablet that way. On the bright side, they said this is the first time this has happened in 4 years.
monkeydelarge: WTF. Then they should replace your tablet, at least. Next time, a store asks me to give up my stuff, I'm going to tell them to fuck off. I don't care if they refuse to let me in and tell me to leave. There are plenty of other stores out there that don't treat their customers like garbage. In Germany, I've seen a lot of stores offer people a reasonable option. They have lockers near the entrance in the stores so you can lock up your stuff before entering the section of the store where all the products are available for purchase.

Soccorro: I got extremely tired at work today. I think i might have labeled a box wrong and now it's on it's way to the Netherlands instead of Berlin. They kicked the last temp out, who made such a mistake. the thing is, i have no memory of it. i don't know if i have made that mistake or not.
monkeydelarge: If they can't PROVE it was you, then deny it. Don't give them a reason to fire you.
the order is linked to my user-ID so if the ones who receive it complain. i'm pretty much dead.
zaine-h: I've been in the managerial shuffle the last few days trying to get that. The acting store manager has contacted his manager who is talking to his manager who has talked to the acting store manager and so on. Right now I'm waiting on the second tier manager to contact his manager again.
If I had a bag with electronics in it, there is no way I would have given it up. No store is worth the hassle of having to replace that stuff when, not if, the underpaid workers steal your stuff. You would think they would have cameras everywhere they hold belongings, but of course the employees know where the blind areas of the security system are. That being said good luck getting anything out of them.
I posted before that my stepdad died last year of lung cancer. Not sure of the exact cause but he did smoke for several years so that's as likely a cause as any other. Really painful seeing the progression through to the end over that ~10-month period.

Mom told me last weekend that a family friend is getting near the end with lung cancer. Both lungs are diseased and it's now at the management stage. Her husband is the one who got me into the line of work that I've been following for the past 19 years, and I owe him a debt of gratitude for that. They always treated my wife and I well and it's sad knowing they're going through this. She smoked for a long time, too.

And then Dad has had trouble breathing the last couple weeks. Found a lot of fluid both in his lungs and in the abdominal cavity. X-rays, MRIs, etc., plus draining and testing some of the fluid... cancer cells in the fluid sample from his lungs. Not sure if that means lung cancer specifically but it's as likely as anything else since he also smoked for a period. Lung cancer doesn't explain everything, though, so we're thinking he has a couple things going on right now, working against each other. My brother and I suspect that something else is causing the symptoms and that the cancer cells were only found because of the testing after the fluid build-up. But we're not doctors so wth do we know? Either way, he's not doing well.

He went into the hospital today for an extended stay, to drain more gunk and try to figure out what all is happening. He's had health troubles (self-inflicted, for the most part) for the last decade so this isn't surprising. It's a nasty thing to go through but we've sort of been expecting the other shoe to drop for several years now; looks like that may have just happened. I'm guessing he's going to turn down any major treatment if it's stage 3 or 4. Can't say I'd blame him - having watched my stepdad go through this, I don't think I'd want to prolong much the inevitable, either.

I need to get over to the hospital when I return home in about 10 days, find out what they've learned - if anything. Dad never would give us the details on this stuff, suffering in silence as he always has done in the past; besides, he's having trouble drawing enough breath to talk anyway. For now, my brother is doing all the direct dealings with the medical folks while I'm out.

Friggin' cancer... <sigh>

If you smoke, PLEASE do what it takes to stop.

---

In lighter bitching... ; ) Hey, life goes on even as shit elsewhere looks grim.

I'm at a customer pulling salvage parts from a machine before it gets scrapped. I'm now done except for loading into a UHaul but I'm here another week to work on a couple other machines for them. The deal is that I give a flat dollar amount and I can rob anything I want from the carcass before it goes bye-bye. If I see the machine operational before it comes apart then I offer more, otherwise it's a big crapshoot on what does and does not work. They gave me a list of stuff they wanted before I put my grubby hands on it; it was quite an extensive list but they eventually pared it down a bunch but also added a couple items I really wanted. Anyway, four times this week someone came up to me looking to snag this or that part that I was planning to take for my own stock; three of them being items I could sell fairly quickly to cover a portion of the not-insignificant travel expenses. Dang it - stop taking "my" stuff! Paid them today and signed their indemnification paperwork so it finally is mine, but I'd still like to have at least one of those items back.

Shouldn't complain too much - at least I was able to acquire a whole mess of stuff, some of which I've really been itching for a few years now to get my hands on. Oh, and I rescued another customer's down machine yesterday with a part that I had just pulled from the electrical cabinet. Perfect timing.
The test :

Would you want for your friend to be in such kind of relationship, with that kind of person ? Would you wish such a situation to your friend ?

If not, then, get out of it. Break up. Do what you would have hoped your friend to do.
Rain. So not looking forward to work tonight.

On the plus side, it flushes pollen and all that other shit off for a bit.
Telika: The test :

Would you want for your friend to be in such kind of relationship, with that kind of person ? Would you wish such a situation to your friend ?

If not, then, get out of it. Break up. Do what you would have hoped your friend to do.
I'm completely lost as to whom you're answering. I've been following last week's bitching about life closely, but none of them were about any kind of relationships.
Post edited April 07, 2014 by DubConqueror