It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: The bitch is that if my address isn't real then where I live isn't real and hence I'm not real.
Sounds more like you're living THE DREAM. It's not real but you are real and it rocks!
tinyE: The bitch is that if my address isn't real then where I live isn't real and hence I'm not real.
F4LL0UT: Sounds more like you're living THE DREAM. It's not real but you are real and it rocks!
Yeah but can't I live the dream with Settlers 4? Shit what else am I supposed to do? Get a life?
tinyE: Shit what else am I supposed to do? Get a life?
You may consider ordering a Russian bride. Then again, who knows where she will be delivered if your place doesn't exist.
I bought a second-hand bayonet in hopes of it becoming a decent and - more importantly - indestructible camping knife. The indestructability part of the deal is yet to be tested, but fucking hell that blade is thick. It would probably serve as a chopping instrument with a bit of sharpening, but I'm actually thinking of having someone shave a millimetre or perhaps more off it to attain a reasonable cutting edge without sacrificing too much structure.
tinyE: But that's not why I chimed in here, I have my own bitch. ByteSlaves won't send me my copy of Settlers 4 Gold because they say my address isn't real. That's not the bitch. The bitch is that if my address isn't real then where I live isn't real and hence I'm not real. That is seriously not something I wanted to have to deal with today! :O
Well, we moved to a new house and we didn't get gas for a couple months because the company responsible said our house didn't exist. So we didn't have hot water and heat for two months with a newborn in our house and, because it was spring although it was still cold, nobody sold radiators. Well, at long last our house showed up in their map last week and finally we have heat. But now it's not cold anymore.

Maybe I am not using this thread enough. :p
Post edited May 30, 2013 by Andanzas
tinyE: But that's not why I chimed in here, I have my own bitch. ByteSlaves won't send me my copy of Settlers 4 Gold because they say my address isn't real. That's not the bitch. The bitch is that if my address isn't real then where I live isn't real and hence I'm not real. That is seriously not something I wanted to have to deal with today! :O
Andanzas: Well, we moved to a new house and we didn't get gas for a couple months because the company responsible said our house didn't exist. So we didn't have hot water and heat for two months with a newborn in our house and, because it was spring although it was still cold, nobody sold radiators. Well, at long last our house showed up in their map last week and finally we have heat. But now it's not cold anymore.

Maybe I am not using this thread enough. :p
Sounds like you live where I live. The thing is I KNEW everything I was do for when I moved where I now live so I really shouldn't bitch about it.

Incidentally I managed to get in touch with ByteSlaves and assured them I was real so they sent it off. Should be here Friday or Saturday. Wish I knew how to uninstall Settlers 3! AH HA! There's a legit bitch! S3 won't uninstall!
MeImNot:
Seen this happen a lot - been embroiled in it (in a VERY similar manner) too many times!
Been there myself.
The "band life" they're on about is a lie - the really hard working, earning and well to do bands out there tend not to have the money nor interest in such things (yes, people can always cite the stones or whoever but it doiesnt change the fact your mate is NOT in the stones!).
you now have the option of walking on the blade edge / walking "the line" so to speak - if you try to help too much you may get drawn to that side of things against your will, if you pressure too much - then they may go completely off the rails, if they dont realise they're being a total cunt - then nothing good will happen at all!
I cannot give you any specific advice about your situation, but if you come up with a specific query about a singular happening, then feel free to ask!
Post edited May 30, 2013 by Sachys
I could talk about my friend with issues aaaalllll day... but I won't, no, today I shall bitch about temptation.
As I joined this site, I found a few threads to follow, one of them being the gaming deals thread. This was a bad idea. As I am young and live at home, I have not gotten a very good grasp on financials and the reprecusions of spending too much. Money to me is something that I can spend on games. Now, I know that this isnt the case, I should be saving, but this thread..... this thread made it different....MUCH different. Now I know where all the deals are... for some this is a good thing but for me, well, lets just say I haven't got that much money left... Amazon, Humble bundles, indie game stand, gamers gate, desura, even steam... I have found out that I am not good with money today...or restraint... with the purchase of 2 bundles and a standalone game I have reduced my wealth by a sizable amount (Ok not THAT sizable, they are deals after all, but with no income, any money spent is less money that I have). As I don't have a job at the moment this is not a good thing. Anyways, this post is long enough, but suffice it to say, I have learned a lesson this day.
Post edited May 31, 2013 by MeImNot
We are in the same boat.

Since last week, when I decided not to purchase more games until summer, I have bought only 17 games or so. I think that admirable willpower and self-restraint deserves a little rep, no?
According to my ophtalmologist, I have diplopia (double vision). Not that my eyesight isn't worth a shit now, I have to buy new glasses too. Goodbye 200€, when money is tight. Damned....
According to my ophtalmologist, I have diplopia (double vision). Not that my eyesight isn't worth a shit now, I have to buy new glasses too. Goodbye 200€, when money is tight. Damned....
Post edited May 31, 2013 by klaymen
klaymen: According to my ophtalmologist, I have diplopia (double vision). Not that my eyesight isn't worth a shit now, I have to buy new glasses too. Goodbye 200€, when money is tight. Damned....
You also have one hell of a sense of humor. XD Man, that post just made my day.
Me again. Life's still being a bitch. I was mugged AGAIN (for the third time in 2 years) on the bus way home by 3 scumbags last monday. They took everything everything I had with me, and if that wasn't enough they kicked me while i was on the floor (Literally). They even took my glasses, and my spare glasses. Fortunately I'm kinda used to be on the receiving end of a kick, I practiced Martial Arts for some time and didn't hurt me. I was more afraid of being stabbed, because I dont have health care or insurance.
The "funny" thing is that I wasn't supossed to be there that night: My dad couldn't give me a ride back home that day so I took the bus 15 minutes after I usually take it. Went to the police station, they took my statement, but something tells me that they won't catch those sons of bitches.
Post edited June 01, 2013 by mario.arreola
mario.arreola: Me again. Life's still being a bitch. I was mugged AGAIN (for the third time in 2 years) on the bus way home by 3 scumbags last monday. They took everything everything I had with me, and if that wasn't enough they kicked me while i was on the floor (Literally). They even took my glasses, and my spare glasses. Fortunately I'm kinda used to be on the receiving end of a kick, I practiced Martial Arts for some time and didn't hurt me. I was more afraid of being stabbed, because I dont have health care or insurance.
The "funny" thing is that I wasn't supossed to be there that night: My dad couldn't give me a ride back home that day so I took the bus 15 minutes after I usually take it. Went to the police station, they took my statement, but something tells me that they won't catch those sons of bitches.
Sorry to hear that. Could there be something about you that makes you look like a good target for these kind of people? Do you look like you have a lot of money? Do you look different from everyone else?
Post edited June 01, 2013 by langurmonkey
mario.arreola: Me again. Life's still being a bitch. I was mugged AGAIN (for the third time in 2 years) on the bus way home by 3 scumbags last monday. They took everything everything I had with me, and if that wasn't enough they kicked me while i was on the floor (Literally). They even took my glasses, and my spare glasses. Fortunately I'm kinda used to be on the receiving end of a kick, I practiced Martial Arts for some time and didn't hurt me. I was more afraid of being stabbed, because I dont have health care or insurance.
langurmonkey: Sorry to hear that. Could there be something about you that makes you look like a good target for these kind of people? Do you look like you have a lot of money? Do you look different from everyone else?
Ha! Lots of money. Good one. Maybe more than them, yes. The first two time I guess was the fact that I was at my business (An Internet Cafe). Bought a secuirty cam, an alarm system, better locks, and so far (knock on wood) no more robberies there. This time I guess I was at the wrong time and at the wrong place. I don't wear fancy or expensive clothes. My watch, cellphone, wallet, glasses and bag I chose are usually the cheapest I can find. My guess is that criminals know that most people wont fight back. We don't have the means to do it (Guns) . We are at their complete mercy. Heard some stories about students at some local colleges that they were mugged. Even after they fully cooperated and offered no resistance they were stabbed anyway.
It's so hot in my room.
I think I'm melting.