It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Streamers or youtubers that put in random crap to fill up video that only has the slightest connection to what they're talking about or when they use game footage and don't even bother to list what games they are using.

The trend where some sections of youtube have random music loudly playing over what they are talking about.
Spectre: The trend where some sections of youtube have random music loudly playing over what they are talking about.
Related: When youtube videos of video games don't use the in-game audio, and instead use unrelated music. (This is an immediate turn-off for me.)

Also, regarding things that turn me off from youtube video game videos:
* Bad aspect ratio, specifically when the video is in widescreen and is of a game not meant for widescreen (older games, especially an issue if it's a game boy (!advance) game)
* Effects like fast forward, siow down, zooming in.
* Cutting important parts out of the video (like the first encounter with part of the level, or a random encounter that causes a party member to die, forcing the player to return to the mosque before continuing).
* Video starting with loud talking, before I have a chance to stop it. (Autoplay is also obnoxious, but that's the site's fault (and partially the fault of web browsers and modern web standards), and not the video creator's.)
* Video ending with unrelated music, especially if it is the sort that gives me headaches. (If the in-game music gives me headaches, I likely won't be watching the video in the first place.)
* Races. I prefer to just watch one person playing, and I don't like the effect that competition has on play style and (if applicable) commentary style.
* Streamer singing along with the in-game music, or singing in general. (Singing is acceptable in music videos, of course, though I tend to prefer instrumental music.)
* Streamer referring to the audience as "guys". (This is particularly obnoxious when pared with the loud talking at the start of the video.)
* Even worse than the last one, streamer referring to the audience as "boys".

Another thing: I wish that videos would be clearly labeled as to whether they have audio commentary, and in which language they're in, so I don't have to guess and possibly find that the video is not what I'm looking for. (I avoid non-English commentary, and I often prefer no commentary to having commentary, except in special cases.)
low rated
dtgreene: Related: When youtube videos of video games don't use the in-game audio, and instead use unrelated music. (This is an immediate turn-off for me.)

========================
* Video starting with loud talking, before I have a chance to stop it. (Autoplay is also obnoxious, but that's the site's fault (and partially the fault of web browsers and modern web standards), and not the video creator's.)

* Streamer singing along with the in-game music, or singing in general. (Singing is acceptable in music videos, of course, though I tend to prefer instrumental music.)
=======================
* Streamer referring to the audience as "guys". (This is particularly obnoxious when pared with the loud talking at the start of the video.)
* Even worse than the last one, streamer referring to the audience as "boys".
=======================
Another thing: I wish that videos would be clearly labeled as to whether they have audio commentary, and in which language they're in, so I don't have to guess and possibly find that the video is not what I'm looking for. (I avoid non-English commentary, and I often prefer no commentary to having commentary, except in special cases.)
1st bitL I dunno if you know about it or not, but they do that usually to avoid getting a copyright claim or similar that takes down or silences the audio on their videos.

2nd bit: There are browser extensions for youtube on some browsers to stop autoplay.

Also what;s wrong with singing if good? :\

3rd bit: Guys/boys are not to be taken literally.....it's a euphemism for everyone watching. There's much worse things to be bothered by on youtube, imo.

4th.final bit: You must not like many let's plays, then...commentary is one of the best things about them and the biggest draws.
I miss the glory days of the late 90s and early 00s, when my copies of The Time Warp of Dr. Brain and Warlords III would install and run flawlessly. Life was that much easier.
GameRager: 4th.final bit: You must not like many let's plays, then...commentary is one of the best things about them and the biggest draws.
Regardless of whether one prefers the videos with or without commentary, it would help for the videos to be appropriately labeled.

I have seen videos with "Let's play" in the title that do not have commentary, and I have also seen videos without "Let's play" in the title that do.

A video with commentary is sometimes nice, but I often want the game to stand on its own.
lanipcga:
Do those use DirectX or something else? If DX, there are solutions. If the installer is 16 bit and your OS is 64bit, you have a problem though but I know it is solvable, but not being a programmer I do not know exactly how. All I know is you cannot run 16 bit programs on 64 bit Windows in any easy way. Maybe just copy files over and create Windows registry keys by hand?

GOG wrapping it and creating a new installer and start selling it here would be best, of course.
Post edited August 13, 2019 by Themken
low rated
GameRager: 4th.final bit: You must not like many let's plays, then...commentary is one of the best things about them and the biggest draws.
dtgreene: Regardless of whether one prefers the videos with or without commentary, it would help for the videos to be appropriately labeled.

I have seen videos with "Let's play" in the title that do not have commentary, and I have also seen videos without "Let's play" in the title that do.

A video with commentary is sometimes nice, but I often want the game to stand on its own.
I agree that they should be labelled properly, and the rest of this post makes sense as well.

lanipcga:
Themken: Do those use DirectX or something else? If DX, there are solutions. If the installer is 16 bit and your OS is 64bit, you have a problem though but I know it is solvable, but not being a programmer I do not know exactly how. All I know is you cannot run 16 bit programs on 64 bit Windows in any easy way. Maybe just copy files over and create Windows registry keys by hand?

GOG wrapping it and creating a new installer and start selling it here would be best, of course.
Some people have made custom installer exes for some older games to allow some to use them in place of older 16 bit exe installers to allow for older game installs, which is nice.
Post edited August 13, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
GameRager: 1st bitL I dunno if you know about it or not, but they do that usually to avoid getting a copyright claim or similar that takes down or silences the audio on their videos.
I don't see how talking loudly at the start of a video would be done specifically for that purpose, particualrly since, in the videos I have encountered this, it happens before the action really starts.

(It also doesn't help that, when this happens, it often starts with a gendered phrase such as "hey guys".)
KiNgBrAdLeY7: It was Cyryl after all. The one who had the largest influence and the say. Why Cyryl? Why did you do that to me?
When role-playing and real life become indistinguishable. lol
richlind33: When role-playing and real life become indistinguishable. lol
What role-playing? This be the "bitching about LIFE" thread, dude. But you gave me an idea... Maybe acting and role-playing, can help a bit. Hmmmmm...
low rated
GameRager: 1st bitL I dunno if you know about it or not, but they do that usually to avoid getting a copyright claim or similar that takes down or silences the audio on their videos.
dtgreene: I don't see how talking loudly at the start of a video would be done specifically for that purpose, particualrly since, in the videos I have encountered this, it happens before the action really starts.

(It also doesn't help that, when this happens, it often starts with a gendered phrase such as "hey guys".)
I meant using generic music in the videos is done to avoid copyright strikes/etc.

===============================
In general/to the thread itself: I am kinda irked that even though some staff have said my threads are ok(basically) on gog and not rule breaking, some others (in essence) TSK TSK'd & finger wagged at staff/GOG for gog staff saying such and holding that position instead of just respecting GOG on the matter.
Post edited August 14, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: In general/to the thread itself: I am kinda irked that even though some staff have said my threads are ok(basically) on gog and not rule breaking, some others (in essence) TSK TSK'd & finger wagged at staff/GOG for gog staff saying such and holding that position instead of just respecting GOG on the matter.
You only have yourself to blame. Being hardheaded and insisting that you're "right" only encourages others to respond in kind. It's childish to expect that you're always going to have your way. Bend a little and you'll find that it works out well for you in the long-term.
Basically me ever since I woke up. Every time I get reminded of bureaucracy, regulations, and the general nanny state I end up like this. Not good for the blood pressure.
low rated
Waiting for the ''fan boy'' thread, where's the PODS.
low rated
It's looking like I may have to boycott (or girlcott, perhaps) CVS.